Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2022 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

12 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Looking more and more like a Mets - Yankees World Series to be honest. Still really early of course. 

Way too early. I do like how the Mets are playing. I like good pitching and even without deGrom, the starting pitching has been excellent.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I was actually at that game last night, and saw him pitch it was absolutely hilarious watching him pitch, and I really loved the HRs

It looked like it was really fun for the fans.  Kudos to Pujols for doing that.  Willing to embarrass himself for the fun of the game.

15 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Cubs got an 9-0 win last night, with a 8 run first inning. Willson went 2-2 with a double and a grand slam (HR number 100) in the first inning as the leadoff hitter

Yeah I seen that. At least the Cubs are competing in most games. They are average but have potential. 

Feeling at CitiField tonight:

Lol. I don't like signing high-priced free agents but I like the Scherzer signing. When he pitches, I feel confident that we have a good chance to win. He is always in control. I hope his injury is not too bad. 

Also hope we can hold off the Cards here after this 2-run HR cutting the lead from 6-2 to 6-4. Pujols coming up, representing the tying run. Come on, Lugo. 

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Feeling at CitiField tonight:

Lol. I don't like signing high-priced free agents but I like the Scherzer signing. When he pitches, I feel confident that we have a good chance to win. He is always in control. I hope his injury is not too bad. 

Also hope we can hold off the Cards here after this 2-run HR cutting the lead from 6-2 to 6-4. Pujols coming up, representing the tying run. Come on, Lugo. 

You guys are better than the Cards, you will win. Only time I really felt great about the Cubs winning was 2015-2018, nice little 4 year stretch but some fans don't even have that. Cubs were 387-261 in that stretch with a World Championship in 2016. If I had to guess right now, Mets vs Yankees will be the WS, Subway series so give me the train The Exorcist Nyc GIF by filmeditor

The Cardinals are slipping a bit, now 3.5 games behind the Brew Crew.   

Home and away games are pretty even in the division outside of the Reds.  They have played 8 more on the road than at home.  That should give Reds fans a little home at pulling themselves out of the bottom of the division.  They are 5 games back of the Cubs.

15 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Cardinals are calling up top prospects Nolan Gorman and Matt Liberatore. Gorman will start and today and play 2nd base. Liberatore is scheduled to make his debut Saturday. 

Bringing Liberastore up now shows how much they are hurting at depth with their starting pitching at the moment.   He is 3-3 with a 3.83 ERA in the minors.  He is going to start today.  

Gorman went 1-3 with a walk in his start yesterday.   Hopefully he continues to do well as there is a bit of pressure on him since Edman is moving to SS to get him in the lineup.  Edman was the NL Gold Glove second baseman last season.

The Orioles on Saturday promoted baseball’s top overall prospect, setting the stage for one of the most anticipated big league debuts in recent memory and marking a milestone in the franchise’s rebuilding efforts. The No. 1 overall pick in the 2019 Draft, he's been ranked one of baseball's top two prospects since the summer of 2020 and is currently No. 1.

https://www.mlb.com/news/adley-rutschman-called-up-to-orioles

@Coltsman1788 Good news for your team.

On 5/19/2022 at 12:23 PM, Myles said:

The Cardinals are slipping a bit, now 3.5 games behind the Brew Crew.   

Home and away games are pretty even in the division outside of the Reds.  They have played 8 more on the road than at home.  That should give Reds fans a little home at pulling themselves out of the bottom of the division.  They are 5 games back of the Cubs.

4 back now. It is early in the season though, look at the run the Cards went on last season at the end. With only 5 teams getting in it will still be tough because the Dodgers, Mets, and Brewers are shoe in's to win their divisions unless major injuries occur. Then in the West you have the Giants and Padres. You have to hope the Giants or Padres just stink it up at some point.

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

4 back now. It is early in the season though, look at the run the Cards went on last season at the end. With only 5 teams getting in it will still be tough because the Dodgers, Mets, and Brewers are shoe in's to win their divisions unless major injuries occur. Then in the West you have the Giants and Padres. You have to hope the Giants or Padres just stink it up at some point.

Yeah, I'm hoping the Dodgers, Padres and Giants beat each other up a bit to allow the Cardinals to snag a wild card spot.

8 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Albert hits two bombs and Molina pitches...18-4 rout for the Cardinals!

Molina is still playing? haha. I thought he would have retired by now. He is ageless. 

He is a Cardinals legend. 

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Molina is still playing? haha. I thought he would have retired by now. He is ageless. 

He is a Cardinals legend. 

Molina and Wainwright have broken and will break many records for pitcher/catcher combo.  Sadly, I believe this is their last year on the team.

Nice win for the Cardinals last night.   Pujols sac fly in the bottom of the 10th to win it.  

Wainwright pitched 7 scoreless innings allowing 2 hits and 10 strikeouts to the Padres.   

The Cardinals are pretty solid in the wild card race but anything could happen at this point.  The Reds are 2.5 games behind the Cubs right now so that could get interesting.

On 6/5/2022 at 5:06 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Interesting season so far, Cards hold that final WC spot as the Giants have struggled a bit. Cubs are pretty much what I thought = below average to average at times at 23-31. As the  1st week of June is almost over, the 2 best teams IMO are the Yankees and Mets. It could be a Subway series Coming To America Nyc GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I sure hope not.  

The Cardinals/Cubs 5 games series was won by the Cardinals 3-2.   It was a close one last night going 11 innings.  Nice to see the Brewers slipping a bit but I don't think it will last.

Brew Crew next 4 series before facing the Cardinals:

Philly 

Washington

New York Mets

Cincy

Combined - 101-118

Cardinals:

Tampa

Cincy

Pittsburg

Boston

100-113

Pretty similar schedules.    

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I sure hope not.  

The Cardinals/Cubs 5 games series was won by the Cardinals 3-2.   It was a close one last night going 11 innings.  Nice to see the Brewers slipping a bit but I don't think it will last.

Brew Crew next 4 series before facing the Cardinals:

Philly 

Washington

New York Mets

Cincy

Combined - 101-118

Cardinals:

Tampa

Cincy

Pittsburg

Boston

100-113

Pretty similar schedules.    

I would love to see two teams make the WS that rarely make it, I would watch and be stress free. It would be fun. Cards look like they are a playoff team. I really haven't watched the NBA all season but because Boston is in the Finals, I want them to lose so it gives me something to watch. I can't stand any teams in that area. 

The Cardinals are up 1.5 games in the division.   Not really by their own doing.   They are only 5-5 in their last 10 games but the rest of the division is on losing streaks:

Brew Crew - Lost 8 in a row

Pirates -  Lost 5 in a row

Cubs - Lost 5 in a row

Reds - Lost 4 in a row

The Wildcard isn't even open much now that the Braves have won 10 in a row and the Phillies have won 9 in a row.   In fact, currently the Brew Crew is out of the playoffs.  I still think they will win the division but am happy the Cards are still in the division race at this point.

On 6/7/2022 at 5:36 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Angels fire Joe Maddon after 2+ Seasons. 12 game losing streak and no playoffs, they are trying to find someway to help Trout and Ohtani

The Angels have wasted Mike Trouts career. Imagine if Trout was on the Dodgers or Yankees, people would be saying he is the GOAT. Maddon hit his peak with the team we had in 2016.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

The Cardinals are up 1.5 games in the division.   Not really by their own doing.   They are only 5-5 in their last 10 games but the rest of the division is on losing streaks:

Brew Crew - Lost 8 in a row

Pirates -  Lost 5 in a row

Cubs - Lost 5 in a row

Reds - Lost 4 in a row

The Wildcard isn't even open much now that the Braves have won 10 in a row and the Phillies have won 9 in a row.   In fact, currently the Brew Crew is out of the playoffs.  I still think they will win the division but am happy the Cards are still in the division race at this point.

I hope you guys win the division, screw the Brew Crew. They have always been pretenders and have 0 Championships. Funny they have lost 8 in row. I am fine with whatever happens, I have my memories and 2016 so we have our Championship. Braves and Phillies both are on fire and the Mets are really good. That NL East is scary.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cubs and Pirates both have 6 in a row, you may be in 3rd place soon Tom Cruise Goose GIF by Top Gun

Omg, I didn’t even notice… Cubbies fans do not need that. 

I’m actually pretty zen with the Reds now. We aren’t making the playoffs, so each game is just a gift. Can’t change what the ownership does. So days like yesterday are pleasant surprise wins. Might even take the kids to one game just for the sake of baseball. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

I’m actually pretty zen with the Reds now. We aren’t making the playoffs, so each game is just a gift. Can’t change what the ownership does. So days like yesterday are pleasant surprise wins. Might even take the kids to one game just for the sake of baseball. 

I seen it coming after last years blow up. I still watch and at least I don't get stomach aches or heartburn now worrying about games. I can watch now and just analyze the younger players.

4 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Actually, if your team is going to miss the playoffs, the Reds are doing it in kind of a good way for their fans.   After starting soooooooooooo bad, they have a legitimate shot to end up 3rd in the division which would be a good momentum swing for next season.   Gives you a reason to watch as well.  

40 minutes ago, Myles said:

Actually, if your team is going to miss the playoffs, the Reds are doing it in kind of a good way for their fans.   After starting soooooooooooo bad, they have a legitimate shot to end up 3rd in the division which would be a good momentum swing for next season.   Gives you a reason to watch as well.  

Yeah, honestly at least now they’re interesting to watch again. Some of the young guns are taking steps in the right direction. I dare say that if it weren’t for all the injuries to start the season maybe we’d be close to .500. 

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope you guys win the division, screw the Brew Crew. They have always been pretenders and have 0 Championships. Funny they have lost 8 in row. I am fine with whatever happens, I have my memories and 2016 so we have our Championship. Braves and Phillies both are on fire and the Mets are really good. That NL East is scary.

1982 was the year I really became a Cardinal fan.   I was 12 years old and the Cardinals faced the Brew Crew in the World Series with the Cardinals winning it in 7 games.  Great team, Although of the players I remember only a few most will know:

Willie McGee

Ozzie Smith

Lonnie Smith

Darryl Porter

Keith Hernandez

Bruce Sutter

Joaquin Andujar

Tom Herr

Ken Oberkfel

Bob Forsch

Jim Kaat

George Hendrick

Tito Landrum

I believe that was the only time the Brew Crew made it to a World Series.

11 hours ago, Myles said:

1982 was the year I really became a Cardinal fan.   I was 12 years old and the Cardinals faced the Brew Crew in the World Series with the Cardinals winning it in 7 games.  Great team, Although of the players I remember only a few most will know:

Willie McGee

Ozzie Smith

Lonnie Smith

Darryl Porter

Keith Hernandez

Bruce Sutter

Joaquin Andujar

Tom Herr

Ken Oberkfel

Bob Forsch

Jim Kaat

George Hendrick

Tito Landrum

I believe that was the only time the Brew Crew made it to a World Series.

That was a great team. 85 was even better but they got screwed by the ump calling that Royals player safe at 1st 

I was watching the Cardinals/Pirates game last night.   Pirates were up 5-0 in the 6th.   I started watching something else.   I noticed, on my phone, that the Cardinals scored a couple runs so I clicked it back on.  Cardinals scored 5 total in the 6th to tie it up.  The Cardinals ended up winning 7-5.  

During the broadcast they mentioned how the Pirates had only 9 players on their roster who they drafted where the Cardinals had 23.   I don't read too much into that unless it is similar year after year.   

Archived