Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2022 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

Oh. Sorry. It will improve. 

Yeah that ship sailed about 20 years ago lol. 
 

They play the Padres next, followed by the Cardinals, Padres again, Rockies and Brewers… 

 

The Reds could be 2-23 by May 8th lol… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah that ship sailed about 20 years ago lol. 
 

They play the Padres next, followed by the Cardinals, Padres again, Rockies and Brewers… 

 

The Reds could be 2-23 by May 8th lol… 

 

It cannot be that bad. What is their record now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mets won 5-0 today.  I don't know if they have played poor offensive teams but the Mets starting pitching has been unbelievable. Their ERA was 1.17 before today's game; it should be lower now, as no runs were given up today.

 

Let's see how they play against the Giants who will come in at 7-2, tied for best record in MLB.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Mets won 5-0 today.  I don't know if they have played poor offensive teams but the Mets starting pitching has been unbelievable. Their ERA was 1.17 before today's game; it should be lower now, as no runs were given up today.

 

Let's see how they play against the Giants who will come in at 7-2, tied for best record in MLB.

 

Cubs won and are now 5-4, split with the Rockies 2-2 in the series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jake Arrieta retires from Baseball. He won a ring with the Cubs in 2016. His career record was 115-93 with an era of 3.98 and 2-0 in WS games pitched. With the Cubs he went 73-42 with an era of 2.99 and as I mentioned he was 2-0 in WS games pitched. He won a NL CY Young award in 2015 and threw 2 no hitters in his career, one in 2015, one 2016. Very good career, borderline great. His resume checks a lot of boxes as in he won a Championship, he won a NL CY Young award, and he threw at least one no hitter. He also had a good record, 22 games above .500. 

 

Thanks for the memories. Enjoy your retirement big guy, you deserve it! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Current NL Central power rankings:

 

11 - St. Louis

13 - Milwaukee

18 - Chicago

27 - Pittsburg

29 Cincinnati

 

How are we not last place? I know the Orioles have a ridiculously small payroll, but Christ at least they've won some games... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

How are we not last place? I know the Orioles have a ridiculously small payroll, but Christ at least they've won some games... 

Yeah the Reds are a lot worse than I thought they would be. Don't feel bad, the Cubs are basically just another team as of now. I will always be a Cubs fan but to trade Bryant and Baez was way too extreme and a panic move. Trading Rizzo and Kimbrel was understandable to go into partial rebuild mode and have some money to spend. To give up the whole heart and soul of your core team though still makes me Angry Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons. It will be a long time before we win another WS but at least we broke the jinx and got in 2016.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Reds are a lot worse than I thought they would be. Don't feel bad, the Cubs are basically just another team as of now. I will always be a Cubs fan but to trade Bryant and Baez was way too extreme and a panic move. Trading Rizzo and Kimbrel was understandable to go into partial rebuild mode and have some money to spend. To give up the whole heart and soul of your core team though still makes me Angry Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons. It will be a long time before we win another WS but at least we broke the jinx and got in 2016.

Yeah, I was bummed for you guys to see the core break up like that. I've always had a soft spot for the Cubbies, as I've got a lot of family up in Chicago so I've been to Wrigley many times. Something just special about that ballpark. The atmosphere and the fans (at least in my experience) are a riot to hang with. 

 

As for the Reds... Not much positive to say. Winker is gone, Suarez is gone, Castellanos is gone, Barnhardt is gone, Gray is gone... Practically the entire starting lineup including Castillo and India are injured. We're fielding a dang AA team on the field right now. Even with the worst record in baseball, the lottery system basically means we'll continue to suck for a long time. I wish I would've been old enough to truly enjoy the '90 WS season. But alas, I was only 3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah, I was bummed for you guys to see the core break up like that. I've always had a soft spot for the Cubbies, as I've got a lot of family up in Chicago so I've been to Wrigley many times. Something just special about that ballpark. The atmosphere and the fans (at least in my experience) are a riot to hang with. 

 

As for the Reds... Not much positive to say. Winker is gone, Suarez is gone, Castellanos is gone, Barnhardt is gone, Gray is gone... Practically the entire starting lineup including Castillo and India are injured. We're fielding a dang AA team on the field right now. Even with the worst record in baseball, the lottery system basically means we'll continue to suck for a long time. I wish I would've been old enough to truly enjoy the '90 WS season. But alas, I was only 3. 

Yeah I have always like the Reds, around here it was either be a Cubs fan or Reds fan. I chose the Cubs but many of my friends and relatives growing up were Reds fans. Didn't the owner of the Reds even bad mouth the fans recently. I read that somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I have always like the Reds, around here it was either be a Cubs fan or Reds fan. I chose the Cubs but many of my friends and relatives growing up were Reds fans. Didn't the owner of the Reds even bad mouth the fans recently. I read that somewhere.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/cincinnati-reds-castellini-taunts-angry-fans-where-are-you-going-to-go

 

Yep. He badmouthed us on opening day. "Where ya gonna go?" and "Be careful what you wish for". Those two phrases... have now led to a 9 game losing streak. Is it too much to ask to keep beloved players who make a difference? I figured we'd trade Gray and Suarez, but losing Winker and Castellanos was the last straw for a lot of fans. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2022 at 10:00 PM, NFLfan said:

The Mets won 5-0 today.  I don't know if they have played poor offensive teams but the Mets starting pitching has been unbelievable. Their ERA was 1.17 before today's game; it should be lower now, as no runs were given up today.

 

Let's see how they play against the Giants who will come in at 7-2, tied for best record in MLB.

 

 

I was running the Mock Draft on the forum here; so, I missed the games. I heard the Mets won two games from the Giants. Good. 

 

Maybe I will watch some baseball later. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NL CENTRAL STANDINGS

CARDINALS...........9-5

BREWERS.............10-6

PIRATES..................8-8

CUBS.......................7-9

REDS.....................3-13

 

Cincy finally won a game after one of the worst losing streaks in 5 years. Wainright had a weird day against us. He had some good pitches but we just (out of pure luck?) started connecting. Padres come to town tomorrow. 

 

Meanwhile Cards face the Mets, Cubs face the Braves, and the Pirates and Brewers square off for this week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Mets have played 19 games and players have been hit by pitches 18 times, three of them coming today. One of them drove in a run just now. Another hit Pete Alonzo close to his head. 

 

The Mets lead the Cardinals 3-0 going to the bottom of the 9th.  It was another solid starting pitching performance. Let's hope the closer can get a save tonight. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cardinals struggling against the Mets.  We're getting good pitching.  Those 5 runs in the 9th on Monday were all unearned as the stellar defense had a brain fart!

 

3-0 loss last night.  Our bats have been pretty quiet...slow starts for Goldschmidt, Carlson and O'Neill so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mets are the best team in Baseball so far at 14-5. They look like a team with little weakness. Cubs are 7-10 so far, one day they play good, then one day they play bad. I can see the Cubs finishing 3rd in the Central ahead of the Reds and Pirates from what I have seen so far, but that division will ultimately be a 2 team race between the Brewers and Cards. Cubs are in rebuild mode basically, we still have players like Contreras, Heyward, and Hendricks, the only 3 left from our 2016 Championship team, but the other players are trying to find chemistry. A team can't lose players like Bryant, Rizzo, Baez, Kimbrell and expect to win a year later. If we win the division, David Ross deserves Manager of the Year.

 

I do think players like Wisdom, Suzuki, and Hoerner are good players. I think Bote is good too but he is out for 2 months - shoulder injury. We need better Pitching to even compete with teams like the Brewers and Cards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

NL Central     W   L   GB

Brewers          13  7

Cardinals        11  7   1

Pirates             8  11   4.5

Cubs                8  11   4.5

Reds                3  16   9.5

 

I figured the Brewers would win the division this season and the Cardinals would finish in second just a few games ahead of the Cubs.   I didn't guess the Reds would be this bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Myles said:

 

NL Central     W   L   GB

Brewers          13  7

Cardinals        11  7   1

Pirates             8  11   4.5

Cubs                8  11   4.5

Reds                3  16   9.5

 

I figured the Brewers would win the division this season and the Cardinals would finish in second just a few games ahead of the Cubs.   I didn't guess the Reds would be this bad.

We weren't supposed to be this bad, but then the ownership decided to sell off the talent in favor of AA players. Then, our remaining starters all got injured... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

We weren't supposed to be this bad, but then the ownership decided to sell off the talent in favor of AA players. Then, our remaining starters all got injured... 

I haven't watched any Reds games yet.  Are they really as bad as their record?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Myles said:

I haven't watched any Reds games yet.  Are they really as bad as their record?

It's a miracle they have 3 wins to be honest. In my 33 years of life, I've never seen a team this bad before. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@NFLfan Mets with a combined No-Hitter! First of the year for anybody 

 

Thank you for letting me know. I'm in the Adirondacks area in NY this weekend and reception is poor. Let's see what I can find about it on my mobile.

 

Thanks again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As of May 3rd, the NL Central Standings look like this:

 

1. Brewers 15-8

2. Cards 13-9 (1.5 back)

3. Cubs 9-13 (5.5 back)

3. Pirates 9-13 (tie with Cubs at 5.5 back)

5. Reds 3-19 (11.5 back)

 

So far not good for my Cubs. I did predict we would finish 3rd in the division a week ago once I seen how bad the Reds are, so I was ready for this. I still watch parts of games when I can, I just work nights so sleep through parts of games. In the end it will come down to the Cards and Brewers to who wins the NL Central.

 

I will always have history though and nobody can take away from my 103-58/2016 World Champion Cubs. If we never win another one it is what it is, that big fat elephant is off our backs at least. No more losers, chokers label. Last time the White Sox won one was in 2005, Yankees haven't won one since 2009, Cards haven't won one since 2011 so it is all good. Brewers have never won one so the Brewers don't even belong in any discussion regarding the teams I just reeled off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As of May 3rd, the NL Central Standings look like this:

 

1. Brewers 15-8

2. Cards 13-9 (1.5 back)

3. Cubs 9-13 (5.5 back)

3. Pirates 9-13 (tie with Cubs at 5.5 back)

5. Reds 3-19 (11.5 back)

 

So far not good for my Cubs. I did predict we would finish 3rd in the division a week ago once I seen how bad the Reds are, so I was ready for this. I still watch parts of games when I can, I just work nights so sleep through parts of games. In the end it will come down to the Cards and Brewers to who wins the NL Central.

 

I will always have history though and nobody can take away from my 103-58/2016 World Champion Cubs. If we never win another one it is what it is, that big fat elephant is off our backs at least. No more losers, chokers label. Last time the White Sox won one was in 2005, Yankees haven't won one since 2009, Cards haven't won one since 2011 so it is all good. Brewers have never won one so the Brewers don't even belong in any discussion regarding the teams I just reeled off.

I think the Brew Crew wins the division and the Cardinals get a wild card birth.  

 

2016 is getting further back every day but I guess it is good that you have something to cling to.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think the Brew Crew wins the division and the Cardinals get a wild card birth.  

 

2016 is getting further back every day but I guess it is good that you have something to cling to.  

 

History is history, it is a huge part of sports. The Colts winning it all in 2006 was a huge part of history for us and the league. The Lakers have won 17 Championships, you just can't flush that and say they suck now because you dislike them. I respect history and everyone should. I could say, well the Cards haven't won one since 2011 so there 11 Championships don't mean anything. Doesn't work like that. Yankees have won 27 Championships but because someone clings to that, that doesn't make there Championships any less? They haven't won since 2009.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

History is history, it is a huge part of sports. The Colts winning it all in 2006 was a huge part of history for us and the league. The Lakers have won 17 Championships, you just can't flush that and say they suck now because you dislike them. I respect history and everyone should. I could say, well the Cards haven't won one since 2011 so there 11 Championships don't mean anything. Doesn't work like that. Yankees have won 27 Championships but because someone clings to that, that doesn't make there Championships any less? They haven't won since 2009.

Reds wise we've been clinging to the Big Red Machine of the 70's, and I wasn't even alive to experience it. I was only 2 for the 1990 win, so it's not like I remember it... As you say though, at least you now have a WS title to claim. I trust the current Cubs regime to rebuild and turn it around. There's still hope for the future. 

 

As for the Reds? Not much of a future. I guess where am I gonna go? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Reds wise we've been clinging to the Big Red Machine of the 70's, and I wasn't even alive to experience it. I was only 2 for the 1990 win, so it's not like I remember it... As you say though, at least you now have a WS title to claim. I trust the current Cubs regime to rebuild and turn it around. There's still hope for the future. 

 

As for the Reds? Not much of a future. I guess where am I gonna go? 

It is ok to brag about previous Championships. That means your team was relevant at one time. Bears fans always still talk about 1985, I don't blame them. The Big Red Machine of 1975 and 1976 is one of the best teams of all-time like the 2016 Cubs are. Those Reds teams were before my time as far as me following sports. I was only 5 years old when the Reds won it all in 1976. I started watching sports roughly around 1977 into 1978 where I can actually remember. I remember the 1990 Reds like it was yesterday, I was 19 when they won that one. 

 

What is funny is I can't even remember the 1976 Hoosiers as far as watching them live and they went undefeated. I remember the Indiana St vs Michigan St Final game in 1979 like a book. Bird vs Magic. I watched almost every game in 1981 when Isiah and the Hoosiers won it all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...