Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2022 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Seems to finally be some movement based on reports. 230M for CBT first level then 250-270-290. 

12 team playoff. 40 Mil in Bonus pool. 

They are going back and forth, might be another late night.

@Barry Sears @RollerColt @2006Coltsbestever @PrincetonTiger @NFLfan @Myles @Jay Kirk

Still no deal, unfortunately. Although they did put the cancellations on hold. 

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Still no deal, unfortunately. Although they did put the cancellations on hold. 

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Should hear something today...agreement or keep negotiating.  C'mon....Let's PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep Sadly. Seems a major hold up is the international draft. Hopefully they can have grownups in the room

47 minutes ago, Myles said:

I have fading interest since they put the DH in the NL.

That was always going to happen. I am all for it. I am tired of watching pitchers try to run the bases and getting injured.

April 7 is the new opening day for most teams

@PrincetonTiger @2006Coltsbestever @RollerColt @Barry Sears @NFLfan @HOZER @Jay Kirk

38 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

That was always going to happen. I am all for it. I am tired of watching pitchers try to run the bases and getting injured.

April 7 is the new opening day for most teams

@PrincetonTiger @2006Coltsbestever @RollerColt @Barry Sears @NFLfan @HOZER @Jay Kirk

So a deal has been reached:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33470321/sources-mlb-union-reach-tentative-agreement-new-cba-salvage-162-game-season?platform=amp

59 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yep 26-12 for the deal. The Exec committee voted against it, and the player rep for NYY NYM STL and HOU voted against it the rest were for it.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

@NFLfan

Can you please let me know when/if the Mets have Gil Hodges Day

I will try to remember. I will look out for it. The husband of one of my friends is a blogger for the Mets. I will ask him if he knows. He is invited to all the Mets events.

Here is a nice story about players' reactions to Gil Hodges getting into the Hall of Fame:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianred/2021/12/07/former-mets-players-rejoice-after-gil-hodges-finally-gets-elected-to-hall-of-fame/

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am not happy about the DH in the NL. I enjoy NL-style baseball. 

Oh well. 

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I will try to remember. I will look out for it. The husband of one of my friends is a blogger for the Mets. I will ask him if he knows. He is invited to all the Mets events.

Here is a nice story about players' reactions to Gil Hodges getting into the Hall of Fame:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christianred/2021/12/07/former-mets-players-rejoice-after-gil-hodges-finally-gets-elected-to-hall-of-fame/

Americas Got Talent Reaction GIF by Top Talent

Hey Greg,

Hope all is well. Now that baseball is back, is there any information about the Mets having a day to honor Gil Hodges?

LGM!

@PrincetonTiger I sent him that message. I will ask others. 

The Dodgers will probably retire Gil Hodges's number now that be is in the Hall of Fame. 

20220311_001907.jpg

21 hours ago, RollerColt said:

The Reds just traded Jessie Winker and Suarez to the Mariners… 

BuT tHeYrE nOt ReBuiLdINg… 

Back to mediocrity again looks like…

Winker, Geno, and Sonny were literally my three favourite baseball players and they're all gone. I'm so sad :(

I can't say they didn't warn me though I guess.

Baseball is Back!!!   :banana:

Glad the NL finally using the DH.... it's about time. It was unfair to AL pitchers to bat in NL parks when they don't in 90% of their games. The NL was the only league, I think, that didn't have the DH. Most people tune into sports to be 'entertaoned'. And there's nothing entertaining about watching pitchers bat.

The Yankees made a few deals.....trading for Donaldson and light hitting SS & C. But more importantly unloaded Gary Sanchez, which alone is addition by subtraction lol.

Not sure if they keep Gleybar Torres and slide him back to 2b or trade him since we have DJ Lameiugh. .....oh we resigned Rizzo.

Looking forward to the season. 

Good luck to the teams you guys root for.

Go Yankees.

Yankees got Donaldson for $25m per season but didn't get Correa for $35m, a position of need to them. And then traded Voit, ex HR king for a pitching prospect that's never been above A level. 

The Dodgers got Freeman, and I heard it said they now have the Best lineup the last 40 years!

Mets payroll is at $292m .....Wow.

Archived