Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2022 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

1. Brewers 17-8

2. Cards 14-10 (2.5 back)

3. Pirates 9-13 (6.5 back)

3. Cubs 9-15 (7.5 back)

5. Reds 3-21 (13.5 back)

Current standings.  Cardinals are just outside the last wildcard spot but the 3 in front of them are all from the NL West so they should beat each other up a bit.  Cardinals start a tough series with the Giants today.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those poor Reds...3 wins...on pace for under 20 for the season!  So many injuries and there's not much help in the minors for them.  I think the rebuild needs to start in the front office!  Work it top to bottom, because these players will never win in the majors.  gotta blame the ones scouting them, signing them and then trading or letting go of the good ones.

16 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Those poor Reds...3 wins...on pace for under 20 for the season!  So many injuries and there's not much help in the minors for them.  I think the rebuild needs to start in the front office!  Work it top to bottom, because these players will never win in the majors.  gotta blame the ones scouting them, signing them and then trading or letting go of the good ones.

Thank you! #SellTheTeamBob!

We had the right players to at least be competitive. And then we sold them all to save a few bucks. Now we have a depleted team with a manager who is completely lost and outmatched. Our starting pitchers are trying too hard to be perfect, so they end up making mistakes instead of following the fundamentals. This is possibly the worst “professional” team across all sports that I have witnessed.  

This right here is a perfect representation of our season:

3 hours ago, Myles said:

After beating the Giants last night, the Cards are in the last wildcard spot.

Looking at it and it is very early but I can see the Brewers, Dodgers and Mets being division champs. 2 wild cards = Giants and Cards. A long way to go though. Mets look scary good, I bet @NFLfanis smiling bigtime right now. 

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Thank you! #SellTheTeamBob!

We had the right players to at least be competitive. And then we sold them all to save a few bucks. Now we have a depleted team with a manager who is completely lost and outmatched. Our starting pitchers are trying too hard to be perfect, so they end up making mistakes instead of following the fundamentals. This is possibly the worst “professional” team across all sports that I have witnessed.  

This right here is a perfect representation of our season:

It really doesn't look like the Reds or Cubs will be good this season. If the Reds go 60-102 and the Cubs go 70-92 there is really no difference in the end result. Both bad seasons. 

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It really doesn't look like the Reds or Cubs will be good this season. If the Reds go 60-102 and the Cubs go 70-92 there is really no difference in the end result. Both bad seasons. 

Winning 60 games? Man, I don’t even know if we’ll break 30 before it’s all said and done. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Looking at it and it is very early but I can see the Brewers, Dodgers and Mets being division champs. 2 wild cards = Giants and Cards. A long way to go though. Mets look scary good, I bet @NFLfanis smiling bigtime right now. 

Unfortunately, I have not been watching much. Maybe I will turn it on now -- there is a game at 7:10 PM ET.

The Brewers have the best record, I believe.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:09 AM, RollerColt said:

Winning 60 games? Man, I don’t even know if we’ll break 30 before it’s all said and done. 

Time for the Reds to redeem themselves a little.   3 game series against the Brew Crew.   I hope they can take 2/3.

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Time for the Reds to redeem themselves a little.   3 game series against the Brew Crew.   I hope they can take 2/3.

Castillo finally returns, so that's something! Still missing half the roster due to injuries. Not sure what happened with the Pirates this weekend, but we somehow got a series win for the first time this season... In May... The Brewers will be tough to get even one win against. We gotta beat them at least once this season though, right? 

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Castillo finally returns, so that's something! Still missing half the roster due to injuries. Not sure what happened with the Pirates this weekend, but we somehow got a series win for the first time this season... In May... The Brewers will be tough to get even one win against. We gotta beat them at least once this season though, right? 

It's the Pirates, they have sucked for 20 years haha . I would love to see the Reds smoke the Brewers but I doubt it happens. Cubs aren't smoking anyone anymore either. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's the Pirates, they have sucked for 20 years haha . I would love to see the Reds smoke the Brewers but I doubt it happens. Cubs aren't smoking anyone anymore either. 

You got your wish! A 10-5 smoking. Nice to see us upset the Brewers for once. Maybe the Pirates were the confidence makers we needed to at least be competitive again. Still not expecting too many wins but it would be nice to leave the worst record to the Cleveland Spiders!

On 5/9/2022 at 6:22 AM, Myles said:

And just like that. We did! Beat the Brewers 14-11 today. Our starting catcher is making quite a spark for the offense now that he’s healthy. 

13 hours ago, RollerColt said:

And just like that. We did! Beat the Brewers 14-11 today. Our starting catcher is making quite a spark for the offense now that he’s healthy. 

I seen that, the Reds did it.  Small win for a bad team but you have to take it where you can get it.  

And if this doesn't show the Reds season @RollerColt, the Reds allow no hits to the Pirates (7 an 1/3 pitched by Greene), and doesn't get a no-hitter nor a win. Pirates win 1-0 after 3 walks and misplayed double play ball allow the pirates to score. And since the Pirates only batted for 8 innings, it doesn't count as a no hitter either

5 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And if this doesn't show the Reds season @RollerColt, the Reds allow no hits to the Pirates (7 an 1/3 pitched by Greene), and doesn't get a no-hitter nor a win. Pirates win 1-0 after 3 walks and misplayed double play ball allow the pirates to score. And since the Pirates only batted for 8 innings, it doesn't count as a no hitter either

That sucks. :(But the Reds are playing better. The Mets announcers reported that the Reds had won 4 of 6 or 6 of 8 (can't remember). 

15 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The Reds being the Reds. The worst part was I wasn't even mad about it. I'm numb to the whole thing at this point. 

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That sucks. :(But the Reds are playing better. The Mets announcers reported that the Reds had won 4 of 6 or 6 of 8 (can't remember). 

An added thing to watch this season will be if the Reds can pass the Cubs and put them at the bottom of the division.

Finishing last in the division:

Since 1969, when divisions were first established, through this season:

Arizona 5
Atlanta 8
Baltimore 6
Boston 2
Cubs 11
White Sox 4
Cincinnati 2
Cleveland 9
Colorado 6
Detroit 9
Florida 7
Houston 5
Kansas City 9
Angels 7
Dodgers 1
Milwaukee 10
Minnesota 8
Mets 8
Yankees 1
Oakland 7
Philadelphia 9
Pittsburgh 12
San Diego 17
Seattle 13
San Francisco 5
St. Louis 1
Tampa Bay 9
Texas 11 (includes Washington Senators 1969-1971)
Toronto 10
Washington 13 (includes Montreal 1969-2004)

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Reds being the Reds. The worst part was I wasn't even mad about it. I'm numb to the whole thing at this point. 

Yeah I have still been watching but I can't say anything great about the Cubs right now. They win a few here and there but the best they will finish is 3rd in the division. I have already accepted it. It was expected, we blew our team up last year so it is what it is. Cubs won last night, I watched bits and parts of it. We have some good young players but the overall team is average at best. Hell as of now only the Brewers would be in the playoffs in the NL Central. 3 teams from the NL West would be in = Dodgers, Padres, and Giants. Mets are running away with the NL East. It is early though. 

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I have still been watching but I can't say anything great about the Cubs right now. They win a few here and there but the best they will finish is 3rd in the division. I have already accepted it. It was expected, we blew our team up last year so it is what it is. Cubs won last night, I watched bits and parts of it. We have some good young players but the overall team is average at best. Hell as of now only the Brewers would be in the playoffs in the NL Central. 3 teams from the NL West would be in = Dodgers, Padres, and Giants. Mets are running away with the NL East. It is early though. 

Looking more and more like a Mets - Yankees World Series to be honest. Still really early of course. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see that too but the Dodgers are always there looming.

True. But they remind me of the "Eagles Dream Team". They've played some pretty bad baseball at times this year... Like losing a series to the Pirates... THE PIRATES...

30 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

True. But they remind me of the "Eagles Dream Team". They've played some pretty bad baseball at times this year... Like losing a series to the Pirates... THE PIRATES...

@buccoltsmisses Willie Stargell like I miss Kris Bryant about now lmao . It is all good though, Cubs had their run and time to rebuild. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@buccoltsmisses Willie Stargell like I miss Kris Bryant about now lmao . It is all good though, Cubs had their run and time to rebuild. 

Actually, I miss Clemente the most, but I liked Pops too.

We're on like year 38 of our rebuild plan, but it DOES look like we're headed in the right direction, finally.

A lot of promising position players in the minors, but we may be light on pitching.

We may look better in the second half when they start calling up some fielders, but we won't get over any humps until pithing improves.

You know.... says the guy who's team just got unofficially no hit.

9 hours ago, Myles said:

Pujols pitched the 9th inning to close out the Giants last night.   He wasn't great but did get the last 3 outs.  

I was actually at that game last night, and saw him pitch it was absolutely hilarious watching him pitch, and I really loved the HRs

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

Actually, I miss Clemente the most, but I liked Pops too.

We're on like year 38 of our rebuild plan, but it DOES look like we're headed in the right direction, finally.

A lot of promising position players in the minors, but we may be light on pitching.

We may look better in the second half when they start calling up some fielders, but we won't get over any humps until pithing improves.

You know.... says the guy who's team just got unofficially no hit.

And tonight starts Cubs/Pirates at Wrigley for 3

Archived