Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2022 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Was it McGruff lmao , well I was close. Tony Gwynn is the best hitter I have ever seen. 

He was the best hitter than most of us have ever seen, and the fact that Greg Maddux never struck him out is as awesome a stat as there is out there!

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

He was the best hitter than most of us have ever seen, and the fact that Greg Maddux never struck him out is as awesome a stat as there is out there!

I did not know Maddux never struck him out, cool stat. Gwynn was a guy that always made contact it seemed. He would be on my all-time team starting lineup. Probably batting 3rd.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah there should be = * next to that 2017 WS win, now if they win it this year it will be legit. @Jared Cisnerosis a huge Braves fan, they might repeat? No team has done it since the Yankees in 2000, they 3-peated from 1998-2000.

Can't wait for the playoffs! We get a first-round bye and should get Strider and Albies back for the divisional round. I'm guessing we face the Cardinals. We'll see. Braves have a chance to repeat. We arguably have a better team than last year that won the WS last year.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Can't wait for the playoffs! We get a first-round bye and should get Strider and Albies back for the divisional round. I'm guessing we face the Cardinals. We'll see. Braves have a chance to repeat. We arguably have a better team than last year that won the WS last year.

I think you are better this year but in Baseball anything can happen. That is like the 2005 Colts and 2006 Colts, on paper 2005 was better but 2006 won it all.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think you are better this year but in Baseball anything can happen. That is like the 2005 Colts and 2006 Colts, on paper 2005 was better but 2006 won it all.

Yep, and that's what I love about it. Any team can win in the playoffs. I think the Braves are the most well-run team in baseball. We may never be the favorite over the Dodgers, but we have proven we can beat them. I was over the moon when we swept the Mets to all but win the division. That was such a statement series.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, and that's what I love about it. Any team can win in the playoffs. I think the Braves are the most well-run team in baseball. We may never be the favorite over the Dodgers, but we have proven we can beat them. I was over the moon when we swept the Mets to all but win the division. That was such a statement series.

Yeah the Mets are really good, winning that division was huge. Dodgers are beatable, Cubs got them in 2016 and Braves got them last year :thmup:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Mets are really good, winning that division was huge. Dodgers are beatable, Cubs got them in 2016 and Braves got them last year :thmup:

Yeah, when we lost to them after being up 3-1 in the NLCS in 2020 it was heartbreaking. When we finally beat them in 2021 and made the WS, I personally needed that WS win. It had to happen. You have no idea how happy that made me when the Braves beat the Astros in the WS. I can only imagine what you went through with the Cubs.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Mets and Padres in particular will be a fun matchup. Will be rooting for the Padres to eliminate the Mets early. 

Yeah, I'll bet you'll be rooting for my Pads to take down the Mets - if we do, our reward is a matchup with our divisional rival Dodgers who have pretty much had their way with us this season like in most others but if we are gonna beat them, I like our odds of doing it in a 5 game series alot more than in a 7 game one in which their superior roster often ends up being the difference.

FB_IMG_1601741422489.jpg.678d8869dddc5d1eb1c8e8ac74574179.jpg 

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think NL has some tough teams....Braves, Mets, Dodgers, Cards. And the Padres are a interesting team with star power. 

AL is Astros & Yanks and I'm not feeling confident with my Yanks. 

Rays & Blue Jays can rise up. I hope I'm wrong but I fear the Astros going to WS.

Wouldn't mind Yanks & braves.... Atlanta is close enough to drive to. 

Need to pay attention to radio stations giving away free WS tickets lol.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, when we lost to them after being up 3-1 in the NLCS in 2020 it was heartbreaking. When we finally beat them in 2021 and made the WS, I personally needed that WS win. It had to happen. You have no idea how happy that made me when the Braves beat the Astros in the WS. I can only imagine what you went through with the Cubs.

I had a heart attack and a stroke (well I didn't but it felt like it during that 2016 run), Game 7 at Indians had me so on edge that I can't explain it. When Chapman gave up that HR, I was ready to throw my TV out the window. 

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think NL has some tough teams....Braves, Mets, Dodgers, Cards. And the Padres are a interesting team with star power. 

Rays & Blue Jays can rise up. I hope I'm wrong but I fear the Astros going to WS.

I predicted a Subway series back in July, I can see that = Mets vs Yankees. @NFLfancan go to games too.

15 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Aaron Judge in his historic season vs the defending WS Champs for all the marbles is probably the best storyline that MLB could possibly hope for.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Been following a little bit.

Hoping they can get to 100 wins today.

My Padres are going for win #90 today.

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Doesn't he have 703?

I don't know, he may have hit a couple more but I know he has at least 701, He hit 699 & 700 in the same game, and I know he got at least 1 more after that.

13 minutes ago, w87r said:

Usually comes down to pitching.

Hoping to avoid a Justin Verlander Game 1,4 and 7. Lol

I remember the 2001 World Series when the Diamondbacks won it all with Randy Johnson & Curt Schilling, who between them started 5 of the 7 games. Johnson started 2 of the games, but Schilling started games 1, 4 & 7 and the two pitchers were Co-MVPs.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

In baseball nothing would surprise. Baseball may have the best post season of any sport. When the Nationals won it all in 2019, that blew my mind.

I will be home this weekend, but I'm going to Braves country and to Hilton Head, SC next week. 

I have to check in with my friends who are also Mets fans to see if they want to attend on Friday, but I don't mind going alone. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Verlander is great but can he pitch 3 games at a great level. Indians tried that vs us with Kluber back in 2016 and it back fired.

Didn't Verlander and a few relievers have a no-hitter going into the ninth inning in the last few days? Verlander is great. I hope deGrom pitches a game in this 3 game series. I read somewhere that he may not pitch. 

Anyone see @Jay Kirk and @Barry Sears

(Merge happened. These were supposed to be two separate posts.)

45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Didn't Verlander and a few relievers have a no-hitter going into the ninth inning in the last few days? Verlander is great. I hope deGrom pitches a game in this 3 game series. I read somewhere that he may not pitch. 

I've heard that too, but I'm not buying it, I think he pitches Game 1 on Friday. I don't think that Buck Showalter is a stupid man, there's absolutely no way he would leave deGrom off the W/C roster unless he was hurt or something - he may not start him in Game 1 (or he might) but if we win the 1st game against someone else, I doubt he'd throw Scherzer (whom we've already beaten this season) at us, it would be Jacob to save their season, and maybe Max in Game 3 but the smart money is on deGrom in Game 1, and Scherzer in Game 2 or 3, maybe starting Game 1 in the NLDS if they eliminate us in 2 games using Jacob & someone else.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I haven't seen either in a long while, I haven't talked to Jay in months.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You love those merges dont you chuckling homer simpson GIF

13 hours ago, w87r said:

Doesn't he have 703?

Yep, Pujols has 703.   I thought he should have got more coverage for that feat but the media focused on Judge much more.   Hitting 62 was great but he wasn't even close to the record.   He is 7th all time in most HR in a season.  

Of course I will be pulling for the Cardinals, but I am not very confident because there are more good teams in the playoffs this year than I can remember.  I'll be rooting against the Mets, Dodgers and Astros the most.  Should be fun.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Yep, Pujols has 703.   I thought he should have got more coverage for that feat but the media focused on Judge much more.   Hitting 62 was great but he wasn't even close to the record.   He is 7th all time in most HR in a season.  

Of course I will be pulling for the Cardinals, but I am not very confident because there are more good teams in the playoffs this year than I can remember.  I'll be rooting against the Mets, Dodgers and Astros the most.  Should be fun.

Future Hall of Famer Albert Pujols should've gotten more coverage, and in any other season minus Judge setting the AL record for homeruns, he would've. There was alot of interest as Albert approached #700 but once he got it, (and Aaron was still chasing #62) it seems like the national attention diverted to Judge, and the various postseason races.  

If you're rooting against the Mets & Dodgers the most in the NL, then you'll be rooting for my Padres - we play the Mets this weekend and if we win that, then we play the Dodgers in the NLDS. If not, then it's the Mets vs LA and one of them will take the other out.

2 hours ago, Lancer1 said:

If you're rooting against the Mets & Dodgers the most in the NL, then you'll be rooting for my Padres - we play the Mets this weekend and if we win that, then we play the Dodgers in the NLDS. If not, then it's the Mets vs LA and one of them will take the other out.

Of course Cardinals first, but also the Padres.   Our local minor league team is a Padres affiliate.   Fernando Tatis played here a couple years.  I liked it because I remember when his dad hit 2 grand slam HR's in 1 inning.   

On 10/5/2022 at 9:46 AM, NFLfan said:

@w87r @coltsfansince65 

Are you following Judge and the Yankees this year?

I am indeed. Judge has had a great year. Practically carried the team through July & August.

I'm not overly optimistic about a world series run but it could happen. I'm mostly excited about

some of the new kids that came up in September.

Mets and Padres have 30 minutes before the first playoff game in 2022.

Mets Lineup:

Brandon Nimmo - CF

Francisco Lindor - SS

Jeff McNeil - 2B

Pete Alonso - 1B

Daniel Vogelbach - DH

Starling Marte - RF

Mark Canha - LF

Eduardo Escobar - 3B

Tomás Nido - C

Max Scherzer - RHP

Padres lineup