Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff game day talk

2006Coltsbestever

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

It’s going to be hard for Dallas to come back after this down 7-23

This is also why it is misleading to just go based on passing stats when Jimmy doesn’t have lots of touchdowns

They've done the anti-Frank thing today and played for FGs in spots.

This game also reminds me we need to keep looking for a kicker.  Don't trust the two we have at distance or in the clutch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

To be fair Reich used Campbell just like Deebo in the few games he played his first season. Just couldn’t stay healthy. 

Yeah but hopes and wishful thinking don’t win games. Availability wins games. The problem is if you think that you can get by based on young pass rushers making the leap and injured guys magically turning things around without adding more to those positions, you’re asking for trouble against the best teams. 

Bills vs Chiefs - Bills did not rest on just having Diggs. They went ahead and got Sanders too. Well the Chiefs are still waiting on the third pass catching option to emerge besides Hill and Kelce, and that will be their undoing against the best though Mahomes might be able to overcome it with his talent.

Cowboys did not relax just because they had Cooper and Gallup, they replenished with Lamb. Bengals did not relax because they had Higgins and Boyd, the replenish with Chase. 

If you draft a wide receiver and Campbell stays healthy, so be it but it was foolish to not add more fire power

Just now, chad72 said:

Yeah but hopes and wishful thinking don’t win games. Availability wins games. The problem is if you think that you can get by based on young pastor sure is making the leave and injured guys magically turning things around without adding more to those positions, you’re asking for trouble against the best teams. 

Bills vs Chiefs - Bills did not rest on just having Diggs. They went ahead and got Sanders too. Well the Chiefs are still waiting on the third pass catching option to emerge besides Hill and KelseyWell the Chiefs are still waiting on the third pass catching option to emerge besides Hill and Kelce and that will be their undoing against the best though Mahomes might be able to overcome it with his talent.

Cowboys did not relax just because they had Cooper and Gallup, they replenished with Lamb. Bengals did not relax because they had Higgins and Boyd, the replenish with Chase. 

If you have a wide receiver and Campbell stays healthy, so be it but it was foolish to not add more fire power

I know. No matter who the QB is colts need upgrades.

5 minutes ago, #12. said:

Jimmy G. channeling Wentz on that throw.

Jimmy G throws in anticipation while Wentz saw TY open. If Jimmy G already saw it open he wouldn’t have missed. Problem is when you’re going against the pro bowl Corner like Diggs, you have to throw in anticipation and that’s why they couldn’t connect. TY was MORE WIDE OPEN right off the bat.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought Dallas O.Line was better than this. Dak has had no time to throw at times. 

That is why I said when they were running like that with Zeke in 2016, the window for their offensive line closed pretty fast. We can still have a few years of OL prime but the left tackle position has to be shored up on top of the quarterback.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

That is why I said when they were running like that with Zeke in 2016, the window for their offensive line closed pretty fast. We can still have a few years of OL prime but the left tackle position has to be shored up on top of the quarterback.

Zeke 11 carries for 29 yards. What happened to him?? He was elite at one time. I mean 29 yards!

Just now, NFLfan said:

What is wrong with Shanahan? They have a two score lead. Why are they not running the ball or making safe passes. Now give the ball back to the Cowboys. Reminds me of the Super Bowl. He needs a class in game/time management. JMO

Or a QB that doesn’t throw such a terrible pass.

9 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Why are the 49ers throwing?! Kyle doest thou not remember that Feb night in 2017?

my thought exactly. I just returned home and saw that. SMH

8 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Or a QB that doesn’t throw such a terrible pass.

Game management.