Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff game day talk

2006Coltsbestever

12 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Reich mentioned the QB stats he looks at are comp %, YPA, and passer rating. Jimmy G’s numbers are much better than Wentz in all those areas.

I just can’t get over the health issue.

Jimmy is underrated, but that is just my opinion. I told Vikings fans  that I would trade Cousins straight up for Jimmy. That did not go well even though many Vikings fans do not have a high opinion of Cousins. 

Those new Next Gen metric that measure QBs has Jimmy higher than Cousins, I believe.  @Rhodelesstraveled posted an article about that Next Gen metric. I think it is in the Colts Section.

To me JImmy G and Cousins are in the same tier and also they are very similar play-style wise(Cousins has fewer injury concerns). Both are better than Wentz, but I wouldn't choose either of them as my long-term QB. My reasons IMO are similar to why the 49ers gave up so many picks for Lance and are reportedly still planning to start him next year. 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

To me JImmy G and Cousins are in the same tier and also they are very similar play-style wise(Cousins has fewer injury concerns). Both are better than Wentz, but I wouldn't choose either of them as my long-term QB. That's why it looks like the 49ers are reportedly still planning to start Lance next year. 

No one  is saying long term. We are talking about a more steady hand that isn’t volitile until we get the guy. Problem is he would have to be a trade and extend most likely. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

NI ind is saying long term. We are talking about a more steady hand that isn’t volitile until we get the guy. Problem is he would have to be a trade and extend most likely. 

Just like Ballard, I'm done with the bandaids. Unless we are getting legit elite talent (Rodgers, Wilson) we shouldn't be giving up premier assets for temporary short term fixes. Now if they come cheap/free I'm good with it. 

• Like 2

Just now, stitches said:

Just like Ballard, I'm done with the bandaids. Unless we are getting legit elite talent (Rodgers, Wilson) we shouldn't be giving up premier assets for temporary short term fixes. Now if they come cheap/free I'm good with it. 

Personally I want Russell Wilson because he is still young enough to play 5 more years at a very good to great level. He would fit our offense perfectly. He's won a SB and should've won 2. 

• Like 2

Just now, stitches said:

I agree. Go with Wentz for the 2022 plan and with pass catchers talent added, no more excuses. Then re-evaluate. In the long scheme of things, JT and the OL will still be in their prime after 2022 season.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I agree. Go with Wentz for the 2022 plan and with pass catchers talent added, no more excuses. Then re-evaluate. In the long scheme of things, JT and the OL will still be in their prime after 2022 season.

If Frank and Ballard go with Wentz in 2022 and don't make SIGNIFICANT strides forward, IMO both are gone. 

Just now, stitches said:

If Frank and Ballard go with Wentz in 2022 and don't make SIGNIFICANT strides forward, IMO both are gone. 

After what happened in the last 2 games, I have a feeling Wentz is gone. Something is going to happen, JMO. You just can't have a season where you  have 3 all-pro players, 7 pro-bowlers, and an all world RB and miss the playoffs with 2 chances to clinch.

2 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Mike McCarthy always looks like he’s trying to decide between a double or triple cheeseburger with his Diet Coke. 

Dallas just got a gigantic break. Roughing the punter which is rarely called anymore.

7 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I agree. Go with Wentz for the 2022 plan and with pass catchers talent added, no more excuses. 

Last year, Irsay said he let's Ballard and Frank do their thing, except at QB.  He said any decision at QB is an equal 3-way decision among the three of them.

From everything I've read and seen, following their post Jax debacle meeting, Wentz is gone.

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Frank for sure.

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

Problem isn’t a Elite QB factory. They don’t grow on trees and there are very few of them. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Personally I want Russell Wilson because he is still young enough to play 5 more years at a very good to great level. He would fit our offense perfectly. He's won a SB and should've won 2. 

He’s the one I want too. Always have liked him. Highly unlikely we’d get him though.

• Like 1

Who is the 49ers DL coach and why are they able to stock up so well while rushing 4? No wonder they were willing to part with Buckner.

Jerry Jones btw should have been penalized for his big ego and screen in the way of the punt , no do overs to save field positions.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After what happened in the last 2 games, I have a feeling Wentz is gone. Something is going to happen, JMO. You just can't have a season where you  have 3 all-pro players, 7 pro-bowlers, and an all world RB and miss the playoffs with 2 chances to clinch.

Yeah... Wentz would be a weird hill to die on, especially for Ballard and especially if he trusts him as little as he let on in his press-conference. Like... if they really like him and trust him, go for it, more power to them, but they should know what this likely means when he %s the bed again in the most important of moments of the seasons. Irsay is already * off at Wentz. There is zero chance he will tolerate another disaster like this. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, #12. said:

Last year, Irsay said he let's Ballard and Frank do their thing, except at QB.  He said any decision at QB is an equal part 3-way decision among the three of them.

From everything I've read and seen, following their post Jax debacle meeting, Wentz is gone.

Frank for sure.

What have you read and seen regarding Wentz's apparent departure??

I don't live in Indy and haven't been searching web sites for info.

Just now, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What have you read and seen regarding Wentz's apparent departure??

I don't live in Indy and haven't been searching web sites for info.

It's just my sense, listening to Frank, Ballard and Irsay and hearing reporters who have spoken to Irsay or who are close to the situation.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Who is the 49ers DL coach and why are they able to stock up so well while rushing 4? No wonder they were willing to part with Buckner.

Jerry Jones btw should have been penalized for his big ego and screen in the way of the punt , no do overs to save field positions.

They had a lot of 1st round picks when they were bad. That’s why Buckner got traded. Too many to pay.

• Like 2