Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff game day talk

2006Coltsbestever

I think whoever wins the Bills/Chiefs game is going to the SB. The Titans being the #1 seed should beat Cincy but after that they will be toast as usual. I may take Cincy just for craps and giggles because nobody knows how healthy Henry will be. Look I bag on Tannehill a lot so I do want to say he is above average, basically a solid game manager so he doesn't suck but I can't see them beating teams like KC or Buffalo with him at QB. Those teams have way too much offense. They will probably squeeze by Cincy due to lack of experience that Cincy has in the playoffs and it is at Tennessee. By the way we have the same problem with Wentz, if we faced a KC or Buffalo we wouldn't win either - just keeping it real that is why we need a QB like Wilson. You can beat teams like that in the regular season but post season is a different animal. 

Top 5 QB's in the league are:

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

-you could flip that, it is even. I still think GB will win the SB this year but if I was starting a franchise today I would take Mahomes because of his age.

3. Brady even at 44 lmao 

4. Allen

5. Russell Wilson when healthy - just had an off year plus was injured, he still has 5 very good to great years left. Unless you have a great defense a team is pretty much screwed if you don't have 1 of these 5 QB's. As good as Dak is, can never get it done. Dallas doesn't have the D. I don't see Matt Stafford getting it done either and look at the team around him. Rams will win tonight but after that Tom will knock them out.

I am 4-1 so far with my picks this week. Dallas is my only loss and that game was close. Jimmy G is a solid game manager and is good at times. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Top 5 QB's in the league are:

1. Mahomes

2. Rodgers

-you could flip that, it is even. I still think GB will win the SB this year but if I was starting a franchise today I would take Mahomes because of his age.

3. Brady even at 44 lmao 

4. Allen

5. Russell Wilson when healthy - just had an off year plus was injured, he still has 5 very good to great years left. Unless you have a great defense a team is pretty much screwed if you don't have 1 of these 5 QB's. As good as Dak is, can never get it done. Dallas doesn't have the D. I don't see Matt Stafford getting it done either and look at the team around him. Rams will win tonight but after that Tom will knock them out.

I am 4-1 so far with my picks this week. Dallas is my only loss and that game was close. Jimmy G is a solid game manager and is good at times. 

I do want to add:

I think Joe Burrow is the real deal, that team may own that division for a long time. Lamar is still top 10 and a former MVP so I see the AFC North being a 2 team race moving forward. The more I think about it, unless Henry goes full throttle next week, I am taking Cincy in the upset. I will go Cincy and KC next week in the AFC but the Bills are capable of winning the SB.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Brady wasn’t afraid to go to the NFC to face Rogers, Brees etc.  He would probably welcome the competition.

In all honesty, Brady got out of the AFC at the perfect time.. 

I remember looking back when the NFC was rising up, the AFC had Brady Roethlisberger Luck and a shell of Manning

NFC had, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Manning, Kap, Newton and an old Palmer 

Now he left

Herbert, Jackson, Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, 

for Rodgers and Brees and Wilson  haha

But I'd say Rodgers would like to stay in Green Bay

For the most part the Wildcard round lacked excitement.

I enjoyed watching Josh Allen and the Bills, and I was happy for Bengals Fans.  The ending to the SF/Dallas game was bizarre, Steelers probably shouldn't have even been in the Playoffs, and Tampa/Philadelphia totally lost me as a spectator.

It's got to be better this weekend, right?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I remember looking back when the NFC was rising up, the AFC had Brady Roethlisberger Luck and a shell of Manning

Now he left

You mentioned Jackson in the AFC. I think I would take Prescott and Murray (both NFC) over Jackson. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

You mentioned Jackson in the AFC. I think I would take Prescott and Murray (both NFC) over Jackson. 

Fair point, maybe Kyler. But Jackson is one year removed from being the league MVP. We'll how jackson is next year after the injury.. but like many people say.. all he does is win

6 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Ogunjobi is out for the season, which means the Bengals will have an even tougher time stopping Tennessee. Especially if Henry is even close to being at 100%.

Bills should have tanked their last game for a matchup vs the Titans, IMO. They would have handled the Raiders too. Once the Colts lost to the Raiders, the Colts were at best a #6 seed and the Bills would have been fine with either the Patriots, Chargers or Raiders at #5. It would have avoided a matchup at KC.  Titans are the biggest beneficiary of all these events but in all fairness, they took care of their business while Spags and the Chiefs blew it vs the Bengals.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Now he left

Luck's first 5 years from 2012-2016, Mahomes and Allen did not come into the league till 2017. Once Brady saw what he was going against in 2018 and 2019 in Mahomes, he got out of the AFC. It is a shame Luck and the Colts could never field a team to beat Brady and the Patriots. In all fairness, Peyton started 0-5 vs Brady and Belichick too like Luck did. Once Gronk and Edelman weren't around together, Brady sought a team with Evans and Godwin, and brought Gronk over with him. Smart man!!!

• Like 1