Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff game day talk

2006Coltsbestever

4 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Yeah. You never want to play a team you best in the regular season in the playoffs. This year has been abnormal 

Different teams at different points of the season, both Chiefs and BIlls seem to be firing on all cylinders right now. Wouldn't be surprised if one them win the SB

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I liked Tua in college, but never thought he'd translate well to the NFL.

Not sure Miami is ready to move on though. 

I think Flores wanted Watson. Watson like Flores too. So Miami might want an O guy that will be committed to making Tua work. 

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans hire Flores pretty fast, especially if they still want to keep Watson.

Tua was the worst NFL ready of the 3 at Bama (Mac Jones and Hurts), Flores def wanted Watson but NFL wasnt going to allow Watson to play so........Tua is a middle of the road backup...not elite backup but 10-25 range

3 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Is it true that his Dad trained him to play left handed even though he was right handed, just because his dad was a lefty? 

And yeah, if rumors are to be believed Flores definitely wanted Watson. Apparently they’re in communication trying to end up together.

Yup, it's true. His dad didn't want to be the only lefty lol... Tua does everything else right handed.

It's a good move for Houston to hire Flores IMO (that assumes all the Watson stuff dies down and Watson plays again).

If Houston trades Watson for cheap, they lose.

But if Watson looks bad in whatever happens with all the allegations, won't probably matter lo... 

Get your popcorn... 

As far as Miami is concerned, I think the sooner they move on from Tua, the better. Bad year to go QB shopping though. Miami has some nice pieces though.

If Miami can continue to improve the team overall (OL and D in general), they might be an attractive place for Rodgers in 23... 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know. It seems most teams get their wins against bad teams and are about 500 or below against winning teams. 

IDK... They beat one playoff team (NE). 

Hard to grade their O for me because I don't think Tua is good.

Since Flores is a D guy, I'd probably expect their D to do better than they did. 

Just really hard to gauge a team like Miami. 

I think Flores goes to Houston (if they are intending to keep Watson)

And I think Tua is gone after next year (as starter). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, it's true. His dad didn't want to be the only lefty lol... Tua does everything else right handed.

It's a good move for Houston to hire Flores IMO (that assumes all the Watson stuff dies down and Watson plays again).

If Houston trades Watson for cheap, they lose.

But if Watson looks bad in whatever happens with all the allegations, won't probably matter lo... 

Get your popcorn... 

As far as Miami is concerned, I think the sooner they move on from Tua, the better. Bad year to go QB shopping though. Miami has some nice pieces though.

If Miami can continue to improve the team overall (OL and D in general), they might be an attractive place for Rodgers in 23... 

Dang, yeah, everything I’ve read about Tua’s dad seems…sketchy to say the least. I’d move on too personally, not a big fan of his prospects. 

And yeah, if I were Houston I’d jump on Flores if they’re gonna keep Watson. Because as gross as it is, it seems like Watson is gonna skate by this whole thing relatively unscathed. Only like two misdemeanors or something possibly? He’ll probably get a slap on the wrist if the past is anything  to go on.

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IDK... They beat one playoff team (NE). 

Hard to grade their O for me because I don't think Tua is good.

Since Flores is a D guy, I'd probably expect their D to do better than they did. 

Just really hard to gauge a team like Miami. 

I think Flores goes to Houston (if they are intending to keep Watson)

And I think Tua is gone after next year (as starter). 

Rodgers is not going to Miami with that lousy owner.

If we have the upgrades, he might come here if McAfee can put in a word for us. :thmup:

He will have a better owner

14 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Tua was the worst NFL ready of the 3 at Bama (Mac Jones and Hurts), Flores def wanted Watson but NFL wasnt going to allow Watson to play so........Tua is a middle of the road backup...not elite backup but 10-25 range

I like Tua and Hurts both as CFB QBs, and as people, but I'm not high on either in the NFL. Both are very limited. 

Jones can be good in the right situation if developed correctly. I think he landed in a great spot for his own personal development. 

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe he would like to play in for Irsay and Reich in a dome.  Hey, you never know.

If we make upgrades on the WR and TE front plus have JT and the OL intact, I would not rule it out

However he might not want to duke it out vs the likes of Allen, Mahomes, Herbert :) 

Thats why Brady made the jump to the NFC to a talented roster

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Dang, yeah, everything I’ve read about Tua’s dad seems…sketchy to say the least. I’d move on too personally, not a big fan of his prospects. 

And yeah, if I were Houston I’d jump on Flores if they’re gonna keep Watson. Because as gross as it is, it seems like Watson is gonna skate by this whole thing relatively unscathed with the information that’s gotten out. Only like two misdemeanors or something possibly? He’ll probably get a slap on the wrist of the past I’d anything to go on.

I think Watson is stupid and gross, but I think it's mostly a money grab given the facts I've seen. Dude was flying in chicks based on sketchy websites and IG pics... Not hanging him over something Robert Kraft used to do every weekend. Kraft was just smarter about it. 

That said, if I was Houston, I'd trade him, get the most I can out of it, and move on.

Can't wait for the chants when Watson does return to the field. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe he would like to play in for Irsay and Reich in a dome.  Hey, you never know.

If we got Rodgers and don’t win a SB then he retired in a year it didn’t advance the furure at all. It’s time to draft the future and take the short term setback. I just don’t know if Irsay can be patient enough to let things play out in 22 with Wentz.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If we make upgrades on the WR and TE front plus have JT and the OL intact, I would not rule it out

However he might not want to duke it out vs the likes of Allen, Mahomes, Herbert :) 

Brady wasn’t afraid to go to the NFC to face Rogers, Brees etc.  He would probably welcome the competition.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think Watson is stupid and gross, but I think it's mostly a money grab given the facts I've seen. Dude was flying in chicks based on sketchy websites and IG pics... Not hanging him over something Robert Kraft used to do every weekend. Kraft was just smarter about it. 

That said, if I was Houston, I'd trade him, get the most I can out of it, and move on.

Can't wait for the chants when Watson does return to the field. 

Lol can’t hate on the Kraft comparison. 

From everything I’ve seen it definitely makes me think, at the very least, Watson’s big dumb.

I’d trade him too, and even try to get most of the reimbursement from the next draft. 

• Like 1

Rogers will go somewhere that has....

1. A top 10 pass pro OL
  2. Good/great pass catching unit
  3. A D good enough to not lose games for them (think top 15 D)

If you check those boxes, it'll be about $$ and location... and likely personal fit.

Doubt he'll go anywhere where the owner or FO was critical of vax status (uh.. lol).... 

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

What specifically has Ross done that would turn Rodgers off?

And their politics likely match... 

He’s a good businessman and writes checks. Not sure if his blessing of hires like Joe Philbim, Adam Gase, firing of Flores gives me confidence if something football related decisions need to be taken, if he’s going to involve his QB or leave it to his GM to make a bad decision, not something Rodgers needs that late in his life.

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Lol can’t hate on the Kraft comparison. 

From everything I’ve seen it definitely makes me think, at the very least, Watson’s big dumb.

I’d trade him too, and even try to get most of the reimbursement form the next draft. 

Big dumb is being kind. Monster dumb, dumber than a bag of broke hammers, dumber than a quarry of rocks, is probably more accurate, but still might be kind.

Kraft was dumb going to a public place with cameras lol... He should have just ordered delivery lol... 

As much as Watson was making, he should have just flown to the Bunny Ranch once, and put a dozen on travel retainer lol... 

I'd dump him as soon as he's cleared. Get a 1st or better for him, and just start over. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He’s a good businessman and writes checks. Not sure if his blessing of hires like Joe Philbim, Adam Gase, firing of Flores gives me confidence if something football related decisions need to be taken, if he’s going to involve his QB or leave it to his GM to make a bad decision, not something Rodgers needs that late in his life.

If Miami checks the boxes I put out there, it's a good spot. 

Hell, he'd probably let Rodgers pick the coach or GM if that's what it took. 

I actually was surprised they hired Flores in the first place given he had zero coordinator or HC experience. 

Not that I think Flores is bad, just seemed like a huge reach in hiring. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Dolphins are foolish if they trade a bunch of stuff for Watson… 

He may have been good a few years ago, but he’s been sitting all this time since. 

He’s only missed a year. That’s not going to hurt him. Brady, Manning, Luck, etc all missed a year and were fine.

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

There was a story these woman were offered a settlement  and they refused to take it. There doesn’t seem to be a end to this right now for him.

If they had something to indict him on it would have already happened. If Watson doubles the settlement money it’ll probably be done with.

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If chargers and colts had taken care of business the afc games would of been so much better.

Not only that, but two of the Sunday games weren't really worth watching, the only game I thought that had a chance to be good was 49ers/Cowboys, so I decided to put my energy and time into that game.