Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff game day talk

2006Coltsbestever

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The article says 18 years of experience. I am assuming he coached with another team too. Right?

Nope. He was a scout for NE 2004-07 before coaching. 

Only one year coaching assistant on O, and that was combo'd with STs. 

He played LB in college too

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

From Wiki:

In 2004, at the age of 23, Flores joined the Patriots as a scouting assistant, the same year the franchise won its third Super Bowl title in Super Bowl XXXIX. He became a pro scout in 2006 before getting promoted to Bill Belichick's coaching staff in 2008, serving as a special teams coaching assistant until the end of the 2009 season. His title was changed to assistant coach offense/special teams in 2010. He was named defensive assistant in 2011

I think that is great experience for a head coach -- and he has been a head coach before. I would not mind him but I would prefer an OC. 

I like most of his resume. The fact he was never a coordinator though is typically a pre-req.

The one year on O really does nothing for me, especially if you look at NE's coaches on O at that time. 

I like the years scouting though. 

3 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

This game is a laugher....over 300 yards vs 45......14 points.....it likely doesnt get closer.

Steelers only got in because we choked, they don’t deserve to be here.

The 7th seeds have been underwhelming. Titans glad they play only 1 of the Bills or Chiefs, lucky guys.

Bengals will be run over by Titans. They played scared vs Raiders. They’re too young to win more than one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

My takeaway so far. Burrow looked amazing, Allen looked amazing, Brady looked amazing, Mahomes looks amazing. Jimmy G looked so so but they have a devastating pash rush. We need a great QB or pass rush to ever hope for a SB

I remember someone in the organization say you either need the QB or the pass rush. 

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Steelers only got in because we choked, they don’t deserve to be here.

The 7th seeds have been underwhelming. Titans glad they play only 1 of the Bills or Chiefs, lucky guys.

Bengals will be run over by Titans. They played scared vs Raiders. They’re too young to win more than one.

Bengals have more talent then Tenn across the board, a lot of it young talent but a different level so a very interesting game. 

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I remember someone in the organization say you either need the QB or the pass rush. 

Burrow looked OK, let’s see what he does vs Titans for me to believe in him

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Bengals have more talent then Tenn across the board, a lot of it young talent but a different level so a very interesting game. 

They and Zac Taylor played scared, not to lose.

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

Steelers and Eagles are the two worst teams to make the playoffs in recent history. Byproduct of more playoff teams being added

If Colts took care of business all 7 AFC teams would have been legit so adding the 7th team only hurts because who made it.....in theory isnt bad

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I like most of his resume. The fact he was never a coordinator though is typically a pre-req.

The one year on O really does nothing for me, especially if you look at NE's coaches on O at that time. 

I like the years scouting though. 

I thought he coached well in Miami.

7 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

If Colts took care of business all 7 AFC teams would have been legit so adding the 7th team only hurts because who made it.....in theory isnt bad

If they are doing an inter conference game for the 17th game, the best 2 teams across conferences should make in as the 7th team. I know we could have an AFC vs AFC team in the SB but it’s very unlikely, IMO

6 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

If not for that 7th spot we would have missed last year, and would have had to beat the Raiders, Jags plus needed help this year

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I thought he coached well in Miami.

I'm just not sure how to grade him at Miami lol.

They were either average or below average in just about every category. 

They had a really bad start this year, and a decent finish. But the majority of their wins were over bad teams. 

If I had to guess, Miami will go with offensive minded hire. Daboll (Buf's OC) is probably the best choice for them. He also coached Tua in college, which would be smart if Miami is sold on making it work with Tua. 

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

They had a really bad start this year, and a decent finish. But the majority of their wins were over bad teams. 

If I had to guess, Miami will go with offensive minded hire. Daboll (Buf's OC) is probably the best choice for them. He also coached Tua in college, which would be smart if Miami is sold on making it work with Tua. 

Tua is a mess...doesnt seem like an NFL QB by any means....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Tua is a mess...doesnt seem like an NFL QB by any means....

I liked Tua in college, but never thought he'd translate well to the NFL.

Not sure Miami is ready to move on though. 

I think Flores wanted Watson. Watson like Flores too. So Miami might want an O guy that will be committed to making Tua work. 

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans hire Flores pretty fast, especially if they still want to keep Watson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I liked Tua in college, but never thought he'd translate well to the NFL.

Not sure Miami is ready to move on though. 

I think Flores wanted Watson. Watson like Flores too. So Miami might want an O guy that will be committed to making Tua work. 

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Texans hire Flores pretty fast, especially if they still want to keep Watson.

Is it true that his Dad trained him to play left handed even though he was right handed, just because his dad was a lefty? 

And yeah, if rumors are to be believed Flores definitely wanted Watson. Apparently they’re in communication trying to end up together.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I don't know. It seems most teams get their wins against bad teams and are about 500 or below against winning teams.