Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff game day talk

2006Coltsbestever

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Me too.  

I'm cheering for upsets mostly, here on out. 

There are a few guys (individuals) that I'd like to see do well. 

Cinci doing well would be a nice story, and departure from the norm.

TN, simply because they are AFCS, would be nice to see advance. 

Stafford, who has been around forever, would be nice see have some success (I don't care for the LARs at all though). I like Murray as an individual too though, and would be nice to see AZ as a state have some success. 

I'm not really a Rodgers fan, but I'd love to see him stick it to all the woke media folks who acted like he was killing millions earlier this season... Him on Pat's show is always a decent watch... Wonder how his toe is lol...

Teams I have zero interest in cheering for....

NE, Dallas, Buffalo, KC, TB (I love Gronk though), 

And I'll cheer for any ND boys still in the hunt.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Stafford, who has been around forever, would be nice see have some success (I don't care for the LARs at all though). I like Murray as an individual too though, and would be nice to see AZ as a state have some success. 

I'm not really a Rodgers fan, but I'd love to see him stick it to all the woke media folks who acted like he was killing millions earlier this season... Him on Pat's show is always a decent watch... Wonder how his toe is lol...

And I'll cheer for any ND boys still in the hunt.

Im pulling for Murray too, always liked him and think he can take them on a long run.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Andrea McNulty is her name and it should not be glossed over imo, most who are raped do settle out of court actually. The violation of rape is not one to take casually, it is one of the most heinous crimes there is. And on top of those two cases there is yet another incident where he tried to barge into a female hotel room when they were introduced by a more famous celebrity and Ben wouldnt take no for an answer...it isnt one it isnt two it is MULTIPLE...the Bill Cosby of the  NFL

s hotel room

Not glossing over anything. I'm simply being factual. 

And while allegations should always be investigated fully and seriously, accusations are only that until a person is proven guilty.

And I also know one thing. People lie. I'm not saying AM lied, I'm saying people in general lie all the time, and think nothing of it. And many do it for financial gain.

And I know that folks pile on when they see an opening. 

So unless there is compelling evidence (not he said she said) one way or the other, I don't condemn or disbelieve anyone.

I stay factual. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

Steelers defense always plays best during the playoffs. Juggernaut offenses fold like a rickety tent year after year against them. 

Tomlin now that is 1 guy I do respect because he usually has his teams prepared. When it comes to the playoffs he has them ready. He is a top 5 coach in the league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This game is awful. 

Don’t underestimate him having QB consistency either. 

Ben is a Hall of Famer but this year has been average. What Tomlin has done with this team is miraculous by getting them to the playoffs. Watt was out for a while and their O.Line has been bad too at times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not glossing over anything. I'm simply being factual. 

And while allegations should always be investigated fully and seriously, accusations are only that until a person is proven guilty.

And I also know one thing. People lie. I'm not saying AM lied, I'm saying people in general lie all the time, and think nothing of it. And many do it for financial gain.

And I know that folks pile on when they see an opening. 

So unless there is compelling evidence (not he said she said) one way or the other, I don't condemn or disbelieve anyone.

I stay factual. 

Some people do lie, many others do not. Rape is such a disgusting act and one of power and many who have privilege think they can get away with it once....when it becomes twice then 3 times people tend to take notice.....unless we have cameras on the action sometimes hard to prove which is so unfortunate BUT when people settle to make it go away....huge red flags more often then not 

32 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I am rooting for the Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, and Pittsburgh :peek:.  I would root for Tennessee and Niners too. 

I am rooting against the Rams, Cowboys, and Packers.

Btw, are there any coordinators that you think would make good head coaches. The Vikings have begun to interview people for the head coach position.  Three of them coached in the Dallas/SF game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Some people do lie, many others do not. Rape is such a disgusting act and one of power and many who have privilege think they can get away with it once....when it becomes twice then 3 times people tend to take notice.....unless we have cameras on the action sometimes hard to prove which is so unfortunate BUT when people settle to make it go away....huge red flags more often then not 

When an accuser settles for money instead of justice, one could say is a flag.....

But regardless, people lie, people pile on (come out of the wood work), people money grab, and people do bad things.

I'm not condemning BB over this, nor am I disbelieving the accuser. I'm not a judge nor jury. I didn't find the facts compelling though. A matter of fact, I find some of them highly questionable. But still, doesn't matter. We'll never know.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am rooting for the Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, and Pittsburgh :peek:.  I would root for Tennessee and Niners too. 

I am rooting against the Rams, Cowboys, and Packers.

Btw, are there any coordinators that you think would make good head coaches. The Vikings have begun to interview people for the head coach position.  Three of them coached in the Dallas/SF game. 

Is that Jerick McKinnon on the Chiefs?

I like TB's and KC's OCs. 

You never know if they'll make good HCs until they get an opportunity to succeed or fail.

They both have been good at OCing though. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

When an accuser settles for money instead of justice, one could say is a flag.....

But regardless, people lie, people pile on (come out of the wood work), people money grab, and people do bad things.

I'm not condemning BB over this, nor am I disbelieving the accuser. I'm not a judge nor jury. I didn't find the facts compelling though. A matter of fact, I find some of them highly questionable. But still, doesn't matter. We'll never know.

No we wont ever know 100% correct, NFL heard enough to suspend him and Hines Ward his teammate at the time spoke out against him BUT we may never know the whole true story which could well lie between what he said and each of the accusers in the cases but it will stay with him forever like a scarlet letter

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I see several ways to save their jobs. 

1. Get some of the elite talents at QB and take step forward with him. 

2. Get some of the bandaids(Carr, Cousins, Jimmy G) and take step forward with him. 

3. Stay with Wentz and take step forward. 

4. Make a big move in the draft for a QB... he shows some promise... 

1 &2 are what I would do. 4 isn’t happening… weak class coming up. I’m not hitching my trailer to the Wentz wagon based on how angry Irsay was.

As tough as it is to hear, Irasy wasn’t all the way sold on Wentz. Then him not being vaccinated strained his view on how he seems him. Back to back games where he wet the bed sealed the deal. Easily the most important off-season Ballard will ever go through. He needs to deliver     I hope he does. I like him.  

My wife just said “how come Wentz doesn’t throw the ball short to receivers and running backs like Mahomes or others I’ve seen today?  He always focuses on Taylor and long balls and the defenses know this.”

My wife just said that. My wife that doesn’t watch football anymore unless it’s occasionally with me. 

That says a lot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

My wife just said “how come Wentz doesn’t throw the ball short to receivers and running backs like Mahomes or others I’ve seen today?  He always focuses on Taylor and long balls and the defenses know this.”

My wife just said that. My wife that doesn’t watch football anymore unless it’s occasionally with me. 

That says a lot. 

Your wife is a smart woman.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I like TB's and KC's OCs. 

You never know if they'll make good HCs until they get an opportunity to succeed or fail.

They both have been good at OCing though. 

Leftwich seems so young. I still remember him getting hurt in a college game when he was with Marshall. His offensive line carried him to the line of scrimmage for the next play. Lol. Both he and Bienemy work for offensive head coaches. 

I read that Brian Flores has coached offense, defense and special teams. I think that is great for a head coach. I would not mind him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

No we wont ever know 100% correct, NFL heard enough to suspend him and Hines Ward his teammate at the time spoke out against him BUT we may never know the whole true story which could well lie between what he said and each of the accusers in the cases but it will stay with him forever like a scarlet letter

Hard situation for sure. What the NFL does, really doesn't matter because they act out of pressure (rightfully or wrongly).

Karma has a way typically of getting the last laugh. 

Regardless, I'll always remain a factual person in areas like this. 

Just like the Smollett case, people are capable of lying and messed up stuff for all sorts of reasons. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Leftwich seems so young. I still remember him getting hurt in a college game when he was with Marshall. His offensive line carried him to the line of scrimmage for the next play. Lol. Both he and Bienemy work for offensive head coaches. 

I read that Brian Flores has coached offense, defense and special teams. I think that is great for a head coach. I would not mind him. 

Flores is really a D guy. Very little actual O experience. 

I'm a little surprised they canned him so quick. 

I was surprised though that he got a HC job so fast though, and promoted up from position coach like he was. 

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I was surprised though that he got a HC job so fast though, and promoted up from position coach like he was. 

This is from the Bears site:

Flores boasts 18 years of NFL experience, coaching all three phases—offense, defense and special teams—after beginning his career as a scout.

https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-interview-saints-jeff-ireland-gm-dolphins-brian-flores-head-coach

Don't you think that is very good experience to have? 

As for his firing, I was surprised but it is not always wins and losses that determine whether one keeps his/her job.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

New England Patriots (2008–2009)  Special teams assistant

New England Patriots (2010Assistant offense & special teams coach

New England Patriots (2011)  Defensive assistant

New England Patriots (2012–2015)  Safeties coach

New England Patriots (2016–2018)  Linebackers coach

Miami Dolphins (2019–2021)  Head coach

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

New England Patriots (2008–2009)  Special teams assistant

New England Patriots (2010Assistant offense & special teams coach

New England Patriots (2011)  Defensive assistant

New England Patriots (2012–2015)  Safeties coach

New England Patriots (2016–2018)  Linebackers coach

Miami Dolphins (2019–2021)  Head coach

The article says 18 years of experience. I am assuming he coached with another team too. Right?

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

From Wiki:

In 2004, at the age of 23, Flores joined the Patriots as a scouting assistant, the same year the franchise won its third Super Bowl title in Super Bowl XXXIX. He became a pro scout in 2006 before getting promoted to Bill Belichick's coaching staff in 2008, serving as a special teams coaching assistant until the end of the 2009 season. His title was changed to assistant coach offense/special teams in 2010. He was named defensive assistant in 2011

I think that is great experience for a head coach -- and he has been a head coach before. I would not mind him but I would prefer an OC.