Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 more on the covid list/ Wentz and others will play if their symptoms are improving

bleed blue4life

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I think the NFL is keeping with their original rules at this time:

Vaccinated players will be tested once a week. Unvaccinated players will be tested every day. If an unvaccinated player misses a day of testing, he cannot enter the team facility again until he has five consecutive days of negative tests.

Vaccinated free agents or players acquired from other clubs must have one negative test before entering a team's facility. Such players who are unvaccinated have a five-day testing period before they can enter a team facility.

Unvaccinated players and staff must wear masks inside the team facility and outdoors if they are within close proximity to one another, except during practice sessions. During games, unvaccinated inactive players must wear masks on the sideline.

Physical distancing rules are in effect for unvaccinated players in various areas, including locker rooms, training rooms and meeting rooms.

If an unvaccinated player is deemed a high-risk close contact of a positive case, he must quarantine away from the team for five days. A vaccinated player who is a close contact isn't required to isolate.

Any unvaccinated player who tests positive for COVID-19 is subject to at least a 10-day quarantine. A vaccinated player who tests positive can return after two negative PCR tests taken at least 24 hours apart and if he is asymptomatic for 48 hours.

Vaccinated players are permitted to gather with other fully vaccinated players or team personnel outside of the team facility. Unvaccinated players are prohibited from gathering in groups of more than three players outside of the club facility or team travel.

Unvaccinated players can't take private transportation like taxis and car services while on the road, nor can they leave the team hotel to eat at restaurants open to the public. They also "are prohibited from congregating, visiting or mingling with individuals outside of the traveling party once they have arrived in the game city."

They have already changed some things on that list,  and more changes are coming

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam is going to get some practice time in this week, so that's big positive - especially for the line as they get used to his tendencies and the rollouts, etc.

However, if we can't get most of our starting line back it's going to be awfully hard to get JT going.  We may be relying on Sam to be much more than a game manager.

I think we win if we get most of our line back.  It could be ugly if Sam gets the yips early.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Can we not turn every single thread into a Covid vax debate? It’s kind of annoying having good threads locked because people on both sides of the debate just can’t seem to stop rehashing the same debate that’s been on going for a year

I don't think it is a vax or do not get a vax discussion.  I am against forcing people to get the vaccine.   However I did get it so I could go to Maui.    Since I had no issues with it, I have now also had the booster.   

It's more about the players who refuse to do it for their team, owner and fans.  

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think the NFL is keeping with their original rules at this time:

Vaccinated players will be tested once a week. Unvaccinated players will be tested every day. If an unvaccinated player misses a day of testing, he cannot enter the team facility again until he has five consecutive days of negative tests.

Vaccinated free agents or players acquired from other clubs must have one negative test before entering a team's facility. Such players who are unvaccinated have a five-day testing period before they can enter a team facility.

Unvaccinated players and staff must wear masks inside the team facility and outdoors if they are within close proximity to one another, except during practice sessions. During games, unvaccinated inactive players must wear masks on the sideline.

Physical distancing rules are in effect for unvaccinated players in various areas, including locker rooms, training rooms and meeting rooms.

If an unvaccinated player is deemed a high-risk close contact of a positive case, he must quarantine away from the team for five days. A vaccinated player who is a close contact isn't required to isolate.

Any unvaccinated player who tests positive for COVID-19 is subject to at least a 10-day quarantine. A vaccinated player who tests positive can return after two negative PCR tests taken at least 24 hours apart and if he is asymptomatic for 48 hours.

Vaccinated players are permitted to gather with other fully vaccinated players or team personnel outside of the team facility. Unvaccinated players are prohibited from gathering in groups of more than three players outside of the club facility or team travel.

Unvaccinated players can't take private transportation like taxis and car services while on the road, nor can they leave the team hotel to eat at restaurants open to the public. They also "are prohibited from congregating, visiting or mingling with individuals outside of the traveling party once they have arrived in the game city."

The Vaccinsted are no longer being tested every week. A company picks I think at random 5 players from each team to test I think every Monday. So they stopped testing every vaccinated person once a week.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Why would they force players to do something the cdc is not reccommending. That would be wrong. They have also always followed cdc rules. Now it’s possible they say they don’t go into effect until Monday or something like that but I expect them to be changed shortly.

Didn't you read his comments?  It's because "he thinks" :funny:

It’s all comes down to this…

Colts win this week and clinch the playoffs!

Colts lose this week/ win next week, 97% chance of making the playoffs.

Have to win 1!!!

Also, Hopefully JT is immune.

Politics and health opinions aside, The Colts are good enough to win 1. Go Colts!!

BTW, do we know if vaccinated players get similar no-test vacation for 90 days after vaccination? Because this rule makes no sense unless vaccinated players get the same treatment - from everything I've read vaccines actually give stronger immunity than going through COVID.  

I get why everyone wants to know when Wentz will be back and why we are hoping the NFL changes the rules.  However, as of now they haven’t.  That doesn’t mean they won’t, in fact it sounds like change is coming.  However, we don’t know exactly what that change will mean so we are speculating which might very well confuse people or get peoples hopes up.  Again, I get why and don’t fault a single person for wanting to know.

However, as of now, Kevin Bowen did an article that I posted in this thread that said Carson will be out 10 to 14 days.  I understand 14 would be worst case scenario but it could happen.  If it does he would miss both the Raiders and Jags games.  

As for the playoffs a win over the Raiders puts the Colts in.  A win over the Jags only PROBABLY puts the Colts in but it’s not 100%.  So people need to stop saying just beat the raiders or jags and the Colts are in.  Yes, even with a loss to Raiders and a victory over the Jags the Colts are more than likely in but, it’s not 100% in that scenario.  The Colts would need help from the Ravens and Raiders the last couple of weeks of the season to get in.  

Now, not all is lost.  We saw last week that Frank is going to have a plan for being short handed and it’s probably going to be a good plan.  This is also a very gritty team.  Also, if they still have their MVP running back and get some guys back on the line they can still have a very good offense vs the Raiders and Jags.  The defense will need to play well as well but again getting some guys back should help that.

7 minutes ago, WentzinRome said:

Can anyone confirm this, I of course take this with a grain of salt, but has anyone heard anything related from a different source?  

If Zack is saying it then it’s true. He doesn’t just post made up stuff. But if he isn’t vaccinated I am not sure he can clear protocols in time.

58 minutes ago, SchlicterSZN said:

Any media killing Wentz will be laughed at/ignored.  This is a record week for positive tests league wide by a long shot.  They shouldn't single Wentz out for anything.   

I will be shocked if the league doesn't announce a five day quarantine change that allows almost all these guys to be on field this weekend.

The media/anyone "killing" Wentz would do so not because he caught Covid, a highly contagious, communicable disease, but because he has hurt his team by being unvaccinated, and therefore, has to miss 10 days, 

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Is anyone actually sick with covid?

All we are talking about is the minimum possible return time

With this many people testing positive I think it’s fairly safe to assume some do.  Now do they all have it and are they asymptomatic?  That we don’t know and won’t know unless the players elect to tell us.

I'll risk brain injury to play football.  I'll go through multiple surgeries and rehab to play play football.  I'll kill myself, training year round to play football.  I won't, however, let someone stick a needle in my arm for 1.3 seconds.  Football is not that important.  I would rather miss the playoffs and have the season ruined than go through that horror.

From the time I left my car, it literally took all of 7 minutes to get my booster at CVS.  Done.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I get why everyone wants to know when Wentz will be back and why we are hoping the NFL changes the rules.  However, as of now they haven’t.  That doesn’t mean they won’t, in fact it sounds like change is coming.  However, we don’t know exactly what that change will mean so we are speculating which might very well confuse people or get peoples hopes up.  Again, I get why and don’t fault a single person for wanting to know.

However, as of now, Kevin Bowen did an article that I posted in this thread that said Carson will be out 10 to 14 days.  I understand 14 would be worst case scenario but it could happen.  If it does he would miss both the Raiders and Jags games.  

As for the playoffs a win over the Raiders puts the Colts in.  A win over the Jags only PROBABLY puts the Colts in but it’s not 100%.  So people need to stop saying just beat the raiders or jags and the Colts are in.  Yes, even with a loss to Raiders and a victory over the Jags the Colts are more than likely in but, it’s not 100% in that scenario.  The Colts would need help from the Ravens and Raiders the last couple of weeks of the season to get in.  

Now, not all is lost.  We saw last week that Frank is going to have a plan for being short handed and it’s probably going to be a good plan.  This is also a very gritty team.  Also, if they still have their MVP running back and get some guys back on the line they can still have a very good offense vs the Raiders and Jags.  The defense will need to play well as well but again getting some guys back should help that.

Ballard wasn't joking when he became GM and said "this team won't be about 1 guy", games like the Cardinals and now the Raiders will put that philosophy to test literally on game day, IMO.

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

Exactly! It appears it's been deemed unimportant. 

All that's important is if someone test positive so we can fear.....

There are laws that prevent the Colts from telling people.  The only reason we know people test positive is because there is a transaction that has to happen to put them on the Covid list otherwise we wouldn’t know that either until they showed up as out on the injury report and even then we would only know they were out with an illness.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Ballard wasn't joking when he became GM and said "this team won't be about 1 guy", games like the Cardinals and now the Raiders will put that philosophy to test literally on game day, IMO.

Well I’d also argue that “one guy” for the Colts is Taylor and not Wentz.

4 minutes ago, #12. said:

I'll risk brain injury to play football.  I'll go through multiple surgeries and rehab to play play football.  I'll kill myself, training year round to play football.  I won't, however, let someone stick a needle in my arm for 1.3 seconds.  Football is not that important.  I would rather miss the playoffs and have the season ruined than go through that horror.

From the time I left my car, it literally took all of 7 minutes to get my booster at CVS.  Done.

As for all of the Rivers talk, I don't want him unless we get our Online back together.  He would be a liability in my opinion.  I would much rather take my chances with Sam at that point because of his mobility. 

Yeah, Rivers can read a D much better, but he's undoubtedly rusty and out of game shape as well.

Just my opinion.

Just now, DattMavis said:

As long as JT is good, I have zero fear for these last two games. Heck, we could just put him in at QB and run the Wildcat. :jump:

I made the finals in my fantasy league (thanks to JT).

I need him healthy for my big W this week.   Not to mention the Colts big W too!

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Wentz can still play. The new CDC mandate for the NFL for un-vaxxed players has changed to 5 days instead of 10

The CDC updated their guidelines, the NFL still has to do the same. No guarantee they match the CDC and/or don't have slight nuances in their own plan. Won't be able to determine until the NFL provides updated guidelines. 

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Wentz can still play. The new CDC mandate for the NFL for un-vaxxed players has changed to 5 days instead of 10

The CDC doesn’t have a mandate just for the NFL.  They have guidelines in general that so far the NFL has followed for the most part however, the NFL’s Covid policy is it’s own thing agreed too by the NFL and NFLPA.  Both of those sides have to agree to changes to it.  It sounds like those changes are coming anytime but they aren’t here yet so as of now the NFL policy for Wentz would knock him out to 10 to 14 days.  Now we wait and see what agreement they come up with and how that changes things.

Archived