Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Favorite Colts Uniforms

sb41champs

8 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

I wonder how 2006 team ranks all time. (Dungy swears the 2005 team was better by the way)

2005 was more talented because we had Edge and we we started 12-0. 2006 had more close games and did start 9-0, no Edge but in 2006 we split the carries between Addai and Rhodes - keeping them fresh and got a great result. Marv, Wayne, Clark were the same in 2006 as they were in 2005. Clark had some injuries but balled out in the playoffs. Our defense played better in the playoffs in 2006, why I have no idea lmao . Having Adam as our kicker in 2006 was key too, he was clutch in the playoffs. Without Adam we may have lost to the Ravens.

ESPN rated all 55 SB winners (1966-2020) and we were ranked 25th which is respectable - the Peyton factor helped, we made the top 25 by the skin of our teeth in an article I read like 8 or 9 months ago. They had the 1972 Dolphins #1, 1985 Bears #2, 1989 49ers #3 1978 Steelers #4, 2004 Patriots #5, and the 1992 Cowboys #6. A lot of 49ers, Steelers teams from the 70's, Pats in this era, and Cowboys teams were in the top 25.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Peyton era was strange in this way - we owned the Ravens but the Chargers are the 1 team we couldn't beat, they owned us lol. I often tell people as great as our 2006 team was, I was glad we didn't have to go to San Diego and play them in the AFC Title Game. Pats had to come here instead but Peyton figured out how to beat Tom and BB back in 2005 + we were unbeatable at home in 2006. That 2006 team was 10-0 at home, we took care of our home turf and that is what legendary teams do.

We actually did better against Brady and the Pats, going 2-2 against them on the road, in the playoffs. With a few breaks , we could have been 3-1 or 4-0 against them. Flacco generally had his best games against NE. 
As for Peyton, he picked us clean like a Maryland blue crab ! 

2 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

The cool thing about the Baltimore Colts is that it was named after the Preakness Stakes, and horse racing in Maryland. 
The logos are among the best in sports , as are the simplistic blue and white uniforms. 
The bucking horse logo from the early days is also timeless. 

Still love the bucking horse! Wish colts would use instead of helmet at 50, or atleast in endzones.  My first game was colts vs browns in old memorial stadium. Jones vs Sipe!

11 minutes ago, coltsfan77 said:

Still love the bucking horse! Wish colts would use instead of helmet at 50, or atleast in endzones.  My first game was colts vs browns in old memorial stadium. Jones vs Sipe!

Those Colts teams with Bert 75-77 were very good. They just ran into bizzsaws with those Steeler and Raider teams. 

11 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

Why would we want the Browns legacy ? We had nothing to with that. However, we did go to the Colt’s games from the 50’s to the 80’s. It happened, it was a fact, and it’s history. 

I have no problem with Baltinore celebrating the past, but to think the COLTS (present day) should ignore THEIR history is bonkers.

My favorite is the blue jersey and white pants combo.  Never liked, or will like, the color rush of all one color for the Colts (blue on blue) or any team.  I know white/white is all one, but it's white and not blue or red, or orange, etc. which is too much color and hard on the eyes.

I would do almost ANYTHING to see us in our 1956 uniforms full time. The uniforms worn against the Bucs were great. The only change I would make is to move the logo from the back of the helmet to the side. Otherwise, PERFECT!!!!

gettyimages-828993491.jpg?w=1752&h=986&c960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

19 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I have no problem with Baltinore celebrating the past, but to think the COLTS (present day) should ignore THEIR history is bonkers.

I’m not saying for Indy to ignore the Baltimore history, just do it right. Call it what it was, the Baltimore Colts. Don’t stick modern day Indy players into doctored 1956 highlight films. It’s all part of a movement to make the Colts generic. But I agree with Robert Mathis. I am Indy, and Indy was me. Same with Johnny U. He was Baltimore through and through, with no offense to the fine Indy fans. He just never played there. Robert Mathis never played in Baltimore. 

4 hours ago, t-rex said:

I would do almost ANYTHING to see us in our 1956 uniforms full time. The uniforms worn against the Bucs were great. The only change I would make is to move the logo from the back of the helmet to the side. Otherwise, PERFECT!!!!

gettyimages-828993491.jpg?w=1752&h=986&c960x0.jpg%3Ffit=scale

i would keep the regular colts helmet with the big horse shoe on it ,and keep the throw back 1956 uniforms .  that would be amazing together .

11 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I’m not saying for Indy to ignore the Baltimore history, just do it right. Call it what it was, the Baltimore Colts. Don’t stick modern day Indy players into doctored 1956 highlight films. It’s all part of a movement to make the Colts generic. But I agree with Robert Mathis. I am Indy, and Indy was me. Same with Johnny U. He was Baltimore through and through, with no offense to the fine Indy fans. He just never played there. Robert Mathis never played in Baltimore. 

I see a horseshoe.  I dont care if its Baltimore, Indy, or the moon. All the same to me.

You see Baltimore once having a team thats was (but still is) called the Colts.

I see the Colts happening to play in Baltimore once (after migrating north btw) but now based in Indy.

I saw modern players in the video as a nod to the past and where we came from.  Seemed respectful to me.  Clearly paying homage to a storied past.  
Noneed to bow down and kiss a town’s you know what.

7 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I see a horseshoe.  I dont care if its Baltimore, Indy, or the moon. All the same to me.

You see Baltimore once having a team thats was (but still is) called the Colts.

I see the Colts happening to play in Baltimore once (after migrating north btw) but now based in Indy.

I saw modern players in the video as a nod to the past and where we came from.  Seemed respectful to me.  Clearly paying homage to a storied past.  
Noneed to bow down and kiss a town’s you know what.

I mean, it’s like Jackie Robinson. It’s alright to say he was a Brooklyn Dodger, not a LA Dodger. 
If you want the generic Colts, that’s fine. I guess I’m an NFL historian and purist, that likes accuracy portrayed over selling a few t shirts. 
I know in Baltimore we don’t have any St Louis Brown days or throwbacks for the Orioles. I pretty much ignore that past pre- 1954 and wish it was retired to St Louis. In my way of thinking , what happened in another city with other fans , isn’t part of my history, or my fandom ,with a team. I know some others think otherwise. 

18 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I see it as two different chapters. And being from Indy I primarily love the modern (Indy) history.

I can't really take pride for what happened in Baltimore because I wasn't a loyal fan then. You can't take credit for the good times without suffering the hard times

Only reason I love the Colts today is because they became the Indianapolis Colts 

19 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

Robert Mathis never played in Baltimore. 

Oh he played there and he had at least one sack in baltimore!  lol.  just teasing.

I do have this question.  which team has more wins in baltimore, the colts, including when visiting and back when they were the home team, or the ravens.   I tried looking it up but found it would take going through records and i wasn't that committed to finding out.

50 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Oh he played there and he had at least one sack in baltimore!  lol.  just teasing.

I do have this question.  which team has more wins in baltimore, the colts, including when visiting and back when they were the home team, or the ravens.   I tried looking it up but found it would take going through records and i wasn't that committed to finding out.

The Ravens are 6-4 against the Colts in Baltimore , but the Colts lead 10-7 all time, and 2-1 in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

I see it as two different chapters. And being from Indy I primarily love the modern (Indy) history.

I can't really take pride for what happened in Baltimore because I wasn't a loyal fan then. You can't take credit for the good times without suffering the hard times

Only reason I love the Colts today is because they became the Indianapolis Colts 

I totally respect the Indy Colts , but they are totally different than the Baltimore Colts I rooted for. It’s the same franchise, but it’s  like comparing the Houston Oilers to the Tennessee Titans. Just totally different times , place, and players. Very distinct differences. 
When I think of  Indy, I think of Manning , James, and all of those other great players. I don’t think of Unitas and Ameche. After the elders pass, I’m not sure how many people in Indy will care about the Baltimore Colt legacy. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

The Ravens are 6-4 against the Colts in Baltimore , but the Colts lead 10-7 all time, and 2-1 in the playoffs. 

Not that.  I mean what is the home record for the balitimore colts and the home record for the baltimore ravens.  then add how many games (4 as you say) the indy colts have won in baltimore.  Who is ahead there.

59 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

And it looks like the Baltimore Colts all time at Memorial stadium were 118-89-5, including 4-2 in the playoffs. 

what timing!  the ravens have played one more game in baltmore than the baltimore colts and in 9 games will have played more games than indy/balt colts in baltimore.  - if my math is right, which is always suspect.

19 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

what timing!  the ravens have played one more game in baltmore than the baltimore colts and in 9 games will have played more games than indy/balt colts in baltimore.  - if my math is right, which is always suspect.

I thought the Colts home record in Baltimore would be better, but the opening years 1953-57, weren’t very good, and the Bob Irsay years 1972-83 stunk, except for the 75-77 division winners . Of course, Bob didn’t add much to Indy glory, 1984 - 96 either. 

Archived