Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hard Knocks starts this Wednesday

Superman

12 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

JMV is gonna have a ball tomorrow. I might see if I can get logged in to my Twitter account I never use just to see if the party has already started. 

I'm sure a lot of folks will have a field day with it lol... I'll definitely listen to JMV and FTC tomorrow lol. 

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted a theory in another thread this week mentioning the clip with Ballard from Hard Knocks and a tweet about Ballard being mad even after destroying the Bills….then Sunday happens and Frank goes out of his way to explain his 3rd quarter play calls…which I started a thread about because it smelled funny….and now this gets aired on HBO…I’m sensing the start of some conflict brewing between head coach and GM. I’ll say it again, the fact that Frank admitted he was debating using the run game prior to the game even starting and claiming he was patient with the run early says all you need to know. 

This doesn’t even begin to include the rumors about Ballard not being 100% sold on Wentz earlier in the off-season, which I will admit I never really gave a second thought to.

11 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I’ve been saying it all year.  People think I’m hard on Carson (I kinda am), but he holds so much power and responsibility with those RPO calls.  I saw it last year with Rivers as well.  It’s so easy for us to phase out our own best player with those RPO calls.  It’s frustrating. 

Big Q going to Frank and asking for a “straight run call” was so telling and kudos to HBO for showing it.  But let’s dig a little deeper.  How did they start the episode?  They said a great coach doesn’t try to get cute.  They stick with what works and that’s why they win.  Something to that effect.  May have been last episode.  Regardless, they set the theme for the episode.

And what did Frank & Carson do?  They forgot what the success of this team is truly built on…. JT, the OLine, and the running game.  RTDB.  That’s where ultimate success lies with this team.  Did you hear Q say “get back to playing Colts football”?  Joe Reitz is constantly saying that an OLine would prefer to run block and attack a defense than constantly pass block and be receiving the DLine’s force.  

So you don’t throw 25 (or however many) straight passes.  And you don’t let a defense dictate to the best rushing attack in the league.  You impose your will.  Notice how Arians said “nobody runs on us”.  Frank was supposed to be the coach saying “nobody stops us from running the ball” after we successfully ran on 2 of the best run defenses in the league (Bills & Bucs).  But Frank blinked first and we ultimately unraveled in another game we should have won because we refuse to lean on the most dynamic back in the league in our most important games.

Lastly, I’m picking up on some other themes that I’m going to keep my eye on for the rest of the season to see if there are underlying issues there or if all parties can get on the same page.  That theme is that Carson has been kinda described as “Frank’s guy” and JT seems to be “Ballard’s guy”.  We know Ballard wants to run the ball and stop the run.  Frank constantly abandons the running game in big games.  Could friction develop in the team amongst players and Frank & Ballard if we lose more big games by abandoning the run?  I know the players love Frank and everything seems fine between him and Ballard on the outside but I’m gonna be watching very closely how the rest of this season plays out.  

Frank wasn’t Ballard’s first choice.  Technically, he’s lucky to still have his job after what happened with his first choice.  But that extension in the off-season seemed like Irsay’s way of saying to Ballard that Frank is his choice and you two are gonna make it work.  You’re gonna sink or swim together.  So make decisions accordingly (thus no rookie QB in the draft & trade for Wentz).  Could Hard Knocks be Ballard’s way of lifting the curtain to show that he’s put together a team capable of making a deep playoff run if only his head coach can “not get cute but stick with RTDB”?  

Like Big Q said to his devout Christian head coach “thanks for Freaking trusting us”.  Can’t have HBO without some drama.   Colts Hard Knocks is must see TV :tvsmash:

You can't blame Carson for RPO reads. They are dictated by the D. RPOs are a simple decision matrix. Certain pre-snap number in the box, it's a specific play. Certain movement by the 2nd or 3rd level, it's a specific play. Certain depth or width of the DBs or LB, it's a certain play. Wentz just does what the RPO logic tells him to do. It's very different from changing out of a straight run or pass call. 

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

It's all strange.

• Him saying earlier he doesn't keep track of how many runs or passes
  • Him saying that sometimes people remind him to run
  • Him saying this week that no one reminded him to run, but Q clearly did lol...
  • Like you said, him immediately agreeing to run it when Q asked, yet he said we started running because they were backing out of the run blitz (they backed out of it a lot more than just that series BTW).
  • Ballard earlier this season talking to Montgomery about how he keeps telling Reich how special JT is (shouldn't it be Reich telling Ballard?)
  • Bubba, the STs coach, telling Frank not to take his foot off the gas

It's all weird. I think Frank gets too lost in the moment. Maybe he's in over his head trying to do too much. 

Shouldn’t it be Reich?  Exactly it should be.  But remember in one of these episodes, Frank keeps going on himself about how Ballard was/is always coming to him telling him to give it to JT more.  As if Frank didn’t believe he was “that” special himself.  He may believe it now (may have even started to believe it towards the end of last year), but he forgets or allows his QB’s to forget too often.  And it’s usually in our biggest games against the better competition.  It’s like we’re still searching for our identity and here I was thinking we’d found it after that Bills game and Frank’s celebration in the locker room afterwards. But I guess not.  Instead of RTDB it’s RPO I guess?

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Can we also not turn this thread into another Reich bashing thread. Some of you are making this board unreadable. A lot of us don’t want this stuff in every thread.

No. You have laughed at every single person who has dared to question his play calls. You dance around and hide behind tweets and then when asked to give one of your own thoughts…nothing. You never own up to being wrong but have the nerve to call people out for starting threads about a press conference from the head coach that stunk of a big pile of horse dung and then hard knocks just confirmed you & a whole lot of other posters who have been piling on us we’re 100% dead wrong and you still won’t admit to it. 

Eat your crow

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You can't blame Carson for RPO reads. They are dictated by the D. RPOs are a simple decision matrix. Certain pre-snap number in the box, it's a specific play. Certain movement by the 2nd or 3rd level, it's a specific play. Certain depth or width of the DBs or LB, it's a certain play. Wentz just does what the RPO logic tells him to do. It's very different from changing out of a straight run or pass call. 

So then it’s truly on Frank to call straight runs like Q asked for because teams can take away our run game by just giving us certain looks in the RPO?  There aren’t any counters or ways to attack the fronts the Bucs ran with a run from the RPO?  Like why did we only use Hines & Taylor together with Hines coming in motion with the jet sweep or reverse action?  We used it a couple times and both JT and Hines had good runs on back to back plays.

2 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

So then it’s truly on Frank to call straight runs like Q asked for because teams can take away our run game by just giving us certain looks in the RPO?  There aren’t any counters or ways to attack the fronts the Bucs ran with a run from the RPO?  Like why did we only use Hines & Taylor together with Hines coming in motion with the jet sweep or reverse action?  We used it a couple times and both JT and Hines had good runs on back to back plays.

Yea that’s why I’ve been calling out Frank for saying, well we knew they were gonna show a stacked box and then say well I called RPO’s to JT…if he knew what they were gonna show, he knew the RPO would most likely end up a pass…that’s why Q made sure to say at least 1 straight run play.

22 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Holder and Keefer have always been fan boy apologists. Holder gets too political. Neither are football guys. 

In my time in the entertainment business I have worked plenty with influencers like Holder and Keefer. Those guys are comped stooges. To Holder this is just a job. You’re spot on that he’s not a football guy. He has no passion for this team, and I don’t even feel a lot of passion for the sport from him. He’s just doing what it takes to keep the paychecks coming. Also, he does the absolute hands down worst ad reads in the world. Ever. I’ve sent them to folks I know in the business and the response I get is usually along the lines of “that can’t be real. That was accepted?”

They’re allowed to be critical, albeit to a certain extent, but there are “rules” they have to live within. Unwritten rules. When I heard the gist of what their podcast was about this week I threw it on in the car one day, and that whole thing was what I refer to as a “make good.” They gloss over the issue and create an impression that it’s not an issue, and it gets made up to them somehow down the road. When I used to write about music I had a major PR firm that I worked with regularly that would do it for me. They’d send me a record they knew wasn’t going to go over as well as they hoped and they’d usually say something along the lines of “we need a little extra help with this one” so I’d leverage that into “I’d like to do an interview with this artist” or “I’d like to get media access to this event” and if my terms were me I’d find a way to keep the piece from being totally unflattering and brutally honest. 

Those guys make sure not to cross the line with the powers that keep them in a good position for sure more than they make sure to be honest. 

Anyone that does it for a living is no matter what they say. 

5 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

You’re going to double down on this, really?

Don’t even sweat it. Some things just don’t warrant a response back at this point.  Lol. It was there in black and white tonight.  Not to acknowledge it is just plain denial now. There is no longer any more debate in my mind. Big Q confirmed what many Colts fans have been feeling for awhile now.  And this is not to dog Reich but he needs to RTDB more…his players definitely want to.

26 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

There has been times in the past when I remember Luck saying some of the same things. They are on the field playing. Sometimes they have a better feel for their team mates or what ever is going on in that moment. Coaches should want that from their players. Especially the leaders. 

What we saw from Q tonight either his leadership is why you pay him. The way he talked to Taylor was impressive. I really didn’t think he was that kind of leader. Thought he was a more quiet leader.

Whether or not we disagree on the overall topic of the game plan, I agree with you on Q’s leadership.

I like that he went to Reich and what he said to JT. Especially when he said “let’s show them what Colts football is.” RTDB.

34 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This means nothing. Ballard is just letting you in on his conversations. You think Reich doesn’t know Taylor is special. The stuff you guys stretch on is something else. 

the overwhelming, irrefutable evidence that you choose to ignore is something else

35 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Can we also not turn this thread into another Reich bashing thread. Some of you are making this board unreadable

if it's relevant to the thread, as this is, then it's going to be discussed.,   

. A lot of us don’t want this stuff in every thread.

it's not in every thread, but nice little tantrum  :hissy:    btw...a lot of us don't want Frank calling the plays anymore.  

image.png.011da6c1b07fa39a04db08598cc39d46.png

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I swear Reich loses part of his intelligence during the craziness of a game. It’s not at all surprising he has to have somebody let him know something as basic as “hey, so our best player hasn’t gotten the ball in a long time”.

I almost guarantee Ballard was fuming after that game.

Here’s the thing… 

Every coach, with the possible exception of BB, loses part of their intelligence during the craziness of the job.   Dealing with the craziness when the bullets are flying is how good coaches earn their money and keep their jobs. 

Standing in the middle of 65,000 screaming fans and keeping a clear head 100 percent of the time is easier said than done.  

30 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Shouldn’t it be Reich?  Exactly it should be.  But remember in one of these episodes, Frank keeps going on himself about how Ballard was/is always coming to him telling him to give it to JT more.  As if Frank didn’t believe he was “that” special himself.  He may believe it now (may have even started to believe it towards the end of last year), but he forgets or allows his QB’s to forget too often.  And it’s usually in our biggest games against the better competition.  It’s like we’re still searching for our identity and here I was thinking we’d found it after that Bills game and Frank’s celebration in the locker room afterwards. But I guess not.  Instead of RTDB it’s RPO I guess?

I think Reich just as a former QB, favors passing in general, and is his default when things get tough. He certainly did with the Chargers. He didn't with JB for obvious reasons. But he did go pass happy with Hoyer for whatever reason lol. Overall I think he gets lost in the moment when play calling. I think he's a very smart guy, but his default is just tilted way to far to one side. 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think Reich just as a former QB, favors passing in general, and is his default when things get tough. He certainly did with the Chargers. He didn't with JB for obvious reasons. But he did go pass happy with Hoyer for whatever reason lol. Overall I think he gets lost in the moment when play calling. I think he's a very smart guy, but his default is just tilted way to far to one side. 

Well he’s known for the biggest comebacks in college and pro football.  Usually when you’re coming back, you’re throwing the ball a lot. Lol. 

39 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I posted a theory in another thread this week mentioning the clip with Ballard from Hard Knocks and a tweet about Ballard being mad even after destroying the Bills….then Sunday happens and Frank goes out of his way to explain his 3rd quarter play calls…which I started a thread about because it smelled funny….and now this gets aired on HBO…I’m sensing the start of some conflict brewing between head coach and GM. I’ll say it again, the fact that Frank admitted he was debating using the run game prior to the game even starting and claiming he was patient with the run early says all you need to know. 

This doesn’t even begin to include the rumors about Ballard not being 100% sold on Wentz earlier in the off-season, which I will admit I never really gave a second thought to.

I'm more than sold on Wentz. He's no Brady or Manning, but he's plenty good enough to win a bunch of games, if used in a complimentary fashion. But there's just a lot of weird things about Frank. Several things that we've seen, and several things that have been said, just don't add up all that well. 

35 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Exactly. The RPO call can be done several ways. I don't have the Colts playbook (someone hook me up lol), but generally the coach makes the call, and there's two options, one run play, and one pass play. It can be more than than just those two but normally just two options. But all the pass plays have multiple WRs and TEs running different routes. Of course the routes are prioritized 1st read, 2nd, etc. Now the RPO could be the choice to go wide for instance, with a sweep option, or screen 1st read (both wide options). We'll never know what the calls were unless we're told, but we know the output of the calls, and we saw 25+ straight passes. 

And yes, should have absolutely had more wide runs. It's a basic counter to run blitzes. And it normally forces the D to adjust and stop stuffing the gaps. This is my biggest complaint besides just forgetting to run altogether for 25+ plays. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not unusual that a guard begs a coach to run after 25+ straight passes.. ?

laugh-ron-burgundy.gif

Well to paraphrase Jeff Saturday the OL always wants to run block.

But I get what Wentzszn is saying it's not unusual for players and captains to suggest play calls

but I also see ya'll are feeling vindicated haha there have been some great gifs 

I’m really starting to think it boils down to Carson being frank’s favorite player. 

We’ve seen all the stuff about their relationship. It’s deeply personal, and frank wears Wentz colored glasses unlike anyone else. 

But this relationship between them doesn’t feel like the one between Manning and Moore, Brady and Belichick, or Brees and Payton where it’s a very healthy one, but not at the expense of the best interest of the team and winning. 

I can’t say that about frank and Wentz because it’s really starting to seem like maybe there’s too much of a connection there. There may be too much of a “ride or  die” dynamic between them. It’s definitely starting to seem like it’s the frank and Wentz show and everyone else doesn’t have a chance to get onto that level regardless of how talented they may be. 

13 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Personal shots aren't necessary and there is a reason why the moderators have been trying to keep threads separated, and keep them on topic.

I"m honestly not seeing the personal shot in the post you quoted.  Also, this is a thread about Hard knocks.  What's being discussed is something that was shown on Hard knocks that relates to the previous game.  that seems pretty on topic to me.

8 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

But I get what Wentzszn is saying it's not unusual for players and captains to suggest play calls

the problem in this specific situation is the hypocrisy.  Several of us have  been complaining about Frank's playcalling in that game and we've been ridiculed, laughed at and told "no, Frank is great, he called a great game..he's perfect blah blah blah", and NOW it comes out that Q had the same problem with the same playcalling and he actually did something about it which makes him a great leader. no acknowledgement at all that Q was on the same page as those of us who have been complaining. :) 

I believe we needed more balance. We needed to throw some “straight runs” in there to keep the D honest. I just wasn't going to get my panties in a bunch about it because we were moving the ball just fine.

However, even though I wasn’t one of the “Frank needs to give up play calling” people, I have to admit Q having to go up to him and ask for runs isn’t a good look….

44 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

In my time in the entertainment business I have worked plenty with influencers like Holder and Keefer. Those guys are comped stooges. To Holder this is just a job. You’re spot on that he’s not a football guy. He has no passion for this team, and I don’t even feel a lot of passion for the sport from him. He’s just doing what it takes to keep the paychecks coming. Also, he does the absolute hands down worst ad reads in the world. Ever. I’ve sent them to folks I know in the business and the response I get is usually along the lines of “that can’t be real. That was accepted?”

They’re allowed to be critical, albeit to a certain extent, but there are “rules” they have to live within. Unwritten rules. When I heard the gist of what their podcast was about this week I threw it on in the car one day, and that whole thing was what I refer to as a “make good.” They gloss over the issue and create an impression that it’s not an issue, and it gets made up to them somehow down the road. When I used to write about music I had a major PR firm that I worked with regularly that would do it for me. They’d send me a record they knew wasn’t going to go over as well as they hoped and they’d usually say something along the lines of “we need a little extra help with this one” so I’d leverage that into “I’d like to do an interview with this artist” or “I’d like to get media access to this event” and if my terms were me I’d find a way to keep the piece from being totally unflattering and brutally honest. 

Those guys make sure not to cross the line with the powers that keep them in a good position for sure more than they make sure to be honest. 

Anyone that does it for a living is no matter what they say. 

Oh I get it. It's the same in marketing, PR, corporate America in general, and politics. There's way too much "spin" and purposeful avoidance in society overall. It's not just these guys. Holder and Keefer don't want to lose access, so they'll be good little sheep until things are so obvious, and fans force them to be more reality based. They'll typically remain sunshine pumpers up to the time it's detrimental to continue, and then they'll flip the narrative and act like they've told us so lol... The radio guys, and to some extent pod guys, that aren't so reliant on access, are typically more honest. But even guys like DD will like boots once Ballard is sitting across the table. 

15 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Well to paraphrase Jeff Saturday the OL always wants to run block.

but I also see ya'll are feeling vindicated haha there have been some great gifs 

You normally see QBs, WRs, etc pleading for calls. I don't think I've ever seen a guard or any OL.

Manning called his own plays, so Jeff just need to turnaround and ask lol. 

And it just wasn't because Q asked. I found it hilarious the way he asked, and then he went to JT and said "I told coach" lol

We’re only a few weeks into the series.   And before it started, people here wondered what would be shown and what would be exited out.  

Some said the Colts have final say as they don’t want anything that might reflect badly on the team.  

So, if that’s true, then apparently the team didn’t think Q’s complaint was all that bad.   And Reich certainly didn’t think his weekly look-back presser was all that bad either.   But, let’s go on and on about what a bad look this was for Frank.

The Haters can have their fun. 

Honestly I dont really like that entire exchange and I totally agree there is something strange about all this.

A part of me can understand people wanting to defend Frank Reich. He is super likeable and I think we all want to see him succeed here. And I do think he has plenty of good qualities and the potential to be a fantastic coach. 

But he needs to think about one of his captains clearly sending him a message like that. And I hope he sees that exchange between QN and JT. THAT was very telling to me and seemed like an extension of a previous convo between those two. You could argue thats your two best players second guessing the coach. Not good.

If anybody thinks Jonathan Taylor isnt gonna feel some type of way about not being given the ball in a huge game like this, I think they are mistaken. And if you think he likes being told he wouldnt be able to help the team by running the ball, I would suggest thats a thought that never enters that young mans mind and he would be very offended by that. I dont think he would ever say it aloud, which is why I think Q stepped up to do it for him. But someone who works as hard as he does is gonna wanna give it a try at least. 

Frank just does so many things that dont make any sense to me. He comes across like hes overthinking things and believes he needs to reinvent the wheel. And he definitely has some sort of man crush on Carson Wentz, that makes me wonder if its a good thing or not for the team. Anyone who has ever played sports knows what happens when a coach plays favorites. And its never good. I like Carson too, but i cant help but wonder if Frank coddles him at times because he has such an affinity for him. I hope not.

24 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’m really starting to think it boils down to Carson being frank’s favorite player. 

We’ve seen all the stuff about their relationship. It’s deeply personal, and frank wears Wentz colored glasses unlike anyone else. 

But this relationship between them doesn’t feel like the one between Manning and Moore, Brady and Belichick, or Brees and Payton where it’s a very healthy one, but not at the expense of the best interest of the team and winning. 

I can’t say that about frank and Wentz because it’s really starting to seem like maybe there’s too much of a connection there. There may be too much of a “ride or  die” dynamic between them. It’s definitely starting to seem like it’s the frank and Wentz show and everyone else is doesn’t have a chance to get onto that level regardless of how talented they may be. 

It seems like hes trying to prove a point. That Wentz is the right guy for the job.

Remember, there was a report that not everyone in the organization was convinced Wentz is the guy?

Maybe there are things going on behind the scenes that are affecting his judgement?

28 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I can’t say that about frank and Wentz because it’s really starting to seem like maybe there’s too much of a connection there. There may be too much of a “ride or  die” dynamic between them. It’s definitely starting to seem like it’s the frank and Wentz show and everyone else doesn’t have a chance to get onto that level regardless of how talented they may be. 

I don't see this. We've seen Frank go pass happy with other QBs. Even Hoyer with no practice reps vs Miami with horrible run D. 

I just think Frank has a default. He certainly was pass happy when he was with the Chargers. 

8 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

Honestly I dont really like that entire exchange and I totally agree there is something strange about all this.

A part of me can understand people wanting to defend Frank Reich. He is super likeable and I think we all want to see him succeed here. And I do think he has plenty of good qualities and the potential to be a fantastic coach. 

But he needs to think about one of his captains clearly sending him a message like that. And I hope he sees that exchange between QN and JT. THAT was very telling to me and seemed like an extension of a previous convo between those two. You could argue thats your two best players second guessing the coach. Not good.

If anybody thinks Jonathan Taylor isnt gonna feel some type of way about not being given the ball in a huge game like this, I think they are mistaken. And if you think he likes being told he wouldnt be able to help the team by running the ball, I would suggest thats a thought that never enters that young mans mind and he would be very offended by that. I dont think he would ever say it aloud, which is why I think Q stepped up to do it for him. But someone who works as hard as he does is gonna wanna give it a try at least. 

Frank just does so many things that dont make any sense to me. He comes across like hes overthinking things and believes he needs to reinvent the wheel. And he definitely has some sort of man crush on Carson Wentz, that makes me wonder if its a good thing or not for the team. Anyone who has ever played sports knows what happens when a coach plays favorites. And its never good. I like Carson too, but i cant help but wonder if Frank coddles him at times because he has such an affinity for him. I hope not.

Great post. Not much to add. Just a bad look. You could tell Q was frustrated when he went to Frank. And you could tell he was trying to be big brother-ish to JT and say hey, I got you. And yes, if I'm JT, especially after all the props I've got this year and after the Buf game, I'm wonder why the heck I'm not getting run for 25+ plays. And I'm in no way bagging on Wentz. He's been great. We just need balance to succeed vs top teams. 

32 minutes ago, J@son said:

I"m honestly not seeing the personal shot in the post you quoted.  Also, this is a thread about Hard knocks.  What's being discussed is something that was shown on Hard knocks that relates to the previous game.  that seems pretty on topic to me.

I don't see anything close to personal shot either. Just healthy, and a little heated, on-topic debate. If you're gonna double and triple down, you need to OK with getting double or tripled back.

32 minutes ago, J@son said:

the problem in this specific situation is the hypocrisy.  Several of us have  been complaining about Frank's playcalling in that game and we've been ridiculed, laughed at and told "no, Frank is great, he called a great game..he's perfect blah blah blah", and NOW it comes out that Q had the same problem with the same playcalling and he actually did something about it which makes him a great leader. no acknowledgement at all that Q was on the same page as those of us who have been complaining. :) 

hypocrisy-meter.gif

and

irony-meter.gif

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We’re only a few weeks into the series.   And before it started, people here wondered what would be shown and what would be exited out.  

Some said the Colts have final say as they don’t want anything that might reflect badly on the team.  

So, if that’s true, then apparently the team didn’t think Q’s complaint was all that bad.   And Reich certainly didn’t think his weekly look-back presser was all that bad either.   But, let’s go on and on about what a bad look this was for Frank.

The Haters can have their fun. 

Do we know if Frank is the one with edit power? Doubt he's reviewing....

And let's say he was. How would it look if he made the decision to remove it. That would be an even worse look internally.

At the end of the day, it made the cut and we saw it. And many think it's a bad look. Even some Reich defenders/fans. 

I think people read way, WAY too much into Q’s comment.   I think that kind of thing happens mire than fans realize.  Like when Frank asks Carson what plays he likes in a certain situation.   Or if Carson asks for certain plays in certain situations.  It’s a collaborative effort.   Q asked, Frank said yes, and it worked.  

Look, I don’t think Frank had a good week.  I’ve stayed out of most of the Reich talk because I think he’s earned much of the heat he’s getting.   I just don’t think this is the “bad look” people think it is. 

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think people read way, WAY too much into Q’s comment.   I think that kind of thing happens mire than fans realize.  Like when Frank asks Carson what plays he likes in a certain situation.   Or if Carson asks for certain plays in certain situations.  It’s a collaborative effort.   Q asked, Frank said yes, and it worked.  

of course it happens a lot...but this isn't a "hey coach, the CB has been cheating up, let's hit him with a double move" or "hey this Safety is cheating up, let's hit him deep".  this wasn't so much situational as it was philosophical

how bad this makes frank look probably is being exaggerated to a degree, but I don't by any means think it's a good look for him

Archived