Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hard Knocks starts this Wednesday

Superman

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can watch on hbo

53 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Who in the world wants to relive the pre season and first month of the season again ?

I'm glad I don't have HBO Max.

what a negative take. it isn't just about "reliving failure" it's seeing our team's personalities grow, and a little behind the scences look. I have long complained that our media was lackluster. This is a good breath of fresh air for colts fan to see their team a bit more raw. 

I’m sure this qualifies as “hey kids get off my lawn” grouchy old guy sentiment, but as a Colts fan who wants to see the team do well, I’ve always thought this was a Jerry Jones-like bad play for publicity’s sake. 

I hope I’m wrong, and it might be entertaining, but having cameras in your face while you are trying to prepare for a game is, to me, an unnecessary distraction in an already difficult season.  And if CW or DL get COVID it’s going to be brutal. 

I have mixed feelings. Getting a behind the scenes look of the team is going to be cool. I truly do wonder if the added distraction has contributed to some of the disappointing play this season though. Variables you cant measure we will never know. Should be interesting though.

9 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I have mixed feelings. Getting a behind the scenes look of the team is going to be cool. I truly do wonder if the added distraction has contributed to some of the disappointing play this season though. Variables you cant measure we will never know. Should be interesting though.

the only recent failure was the TEN loss..

your logic doesnt work out because we have seen steady improvement from the entire team. The main glaring issue is our secondary. if the cameras were hindering the team, wouldn't we see regression? 

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

the only recent failure was the TEN loss..

your logic doesnt work out because we have seen steady improvement from the entire team. The main glaring issue is our secondary. if the cameras were hindering the team, wouldn't we see regression? 

I don't know when the camera's started and stopped but steady improvement is a stretch to say the least. A convo for another thread but we have only beat teams under .500 thus far. Have been wildly inconsistent. Blowing double digit leads in 3 of the last 6 games and throw in 400 yards and 30 points to the Jets 2nd and 3rd string QB. Thats not steady improvement.

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

These guys aren't children.   They have cameras in their face all the time.   My goodness.   They are professionals.   Hard Knocks isn't going to be a factor in wins and losses 

To say you don't think camera's in anybody's face can effect how you perform at whatever your doing, no matter how used to it you are is kind near sighted id say. 

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Seems odd you would make a comment like that.

Why is that odd?  They have cameras in their face everyday, hard knocks or not

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

To say you dont think cameras in anybodys face can effect how you perform at whatever your doing, no matter how used to it you are is kind near sighted id say. 

They are professional athletes.   They have cameras on them all the time.   It's a non issue

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Why is that odd?  They have cameras in their face everyday, hard knocks or not

They are professional athletes.   They have cameras on them all the time.   It's a non issue

Your talking about a variable that can't be measured and stating it as fact as if you know. Everybody reacts different to cameras. You can't possibly know that it's a non issue. How come so many athletes publicly state they hate interviews, media, cameras, anything of the sort?

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Your talking about a variable that can't be measured and stating it as fact as if you know. Everybody reacts different to cameras. You can't possibly know that it's a non issue. How come so many athletes publicly state they hate interviews, media, cameras, anything of the sort?

All professional athletes are subject to cameras and interviews.  It's not new

2 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Who in the world wants to relive the pre season and first month of the season again ?

I'm glad I don't have HBO Max.

I have HBOMax but i'm really not looking forward to it for the reasons you mentioned. If we get in the playoffs, i may give it a watch, if not i'll pass

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Is this ONLY available in HBO MAX?!?   (which I don’t have).  Is it not available on the regular HBO?   (Which I do have).    

If it’s only on Max, then I’m going to have to find a way to get it….   

It’s on both. I subscribed to HBO max because I don’t have HBO. It’s 9.99 a month. I will cancel it when it’s over in jan.

28 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Is this ONLY available in HBO MAX?!?   (which I don’t have).  Is it not available on the regular HBO?   (Which I do have).    

If it’s only on Max, then I’m going to have to find a way to get it….   

I thought if you had original HBO, there was a way to expand it to MAX?

3 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

I’m sure this qualifies as “hey kids get off my lawn” grouchy old guy sentiment, but as a Colts fan who wants to see the team do well, I’ve always thought this was a Jerry Jones-like bad play for publicity’s sake.

37 minutes ago, csmopar said:

The stupidest thing the Colts have EVER done in the history of the franchise

If the normal criteria with Hard Knocks is in place, the Colts wouldn't have had a choice in it.

"Teams are allowed to opt out of the documentary series if they've appeared in the playoffs the previous two seasons or have a rookie head coach leading the franchise. Teams can also decline if they've appeared on Hard Knocks in the past 10 years."

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

The stupidest thing the Colts have EVER done in the history of the franchise

I’m not sure the Colts had much choice.  

There’s actually a criteria for which teams are  eligible to appear.   And there’s also criteria to use in case you don’t want to.   Not sure if we could justify not doing it? 

In other words, I think it’s more complicated than simply saying…. “No, we don’t want to!”   

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Really,   they drafted Jeff George number 1 overall.  I think you're being a bit hyperbolic. 

Jeff George had a 12 year NFL career with 27.5K passing yards with 154 TDs to 113 INT (in an era where passing stats are not as easy to come by as they are today). He was clearly the top QB, even in hindsight, in the 1990 draft.  Are you being a bit hyperbolic?

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Really,   they drafted Jeff George number 1 overall.  I think you're being a bit hyperbolic. 

If drafting Jeff George was the stupidest thing the colts ever did that would make them one of the best franchises in football because Jeff George wasn't that bad and believe me the colts have done plenty stupid things

. And if I remember correctly he led the falcons to a playoff spot but I think the colts only had like one or two winning seasons with him. 

Back then the colts were often a Dumpster fire and it was hard for any players to succeed with them. 

But jeff George was a top prospect with one of the biggest arms ever.

I can never blame any team trying to hit on a potential franchise,  elite type of QB. 

9 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

To say you don't think camera's in anybody's face can effect how you perform at whatever your doing, no matter how used to it you are is kind near sighted id say. 

Lol these guys play in front of stadiums of like 60,000 people every weekend, with millions watching on TV as well... A few cameras following them around the facility arent going to put them off.

They are in the wrong business if they are camera shy.

To @jvan1973point drafting Jeff George was a disaster, when you draft a QB #1 he is supposed to be your savior. He stunk when he played for us, that was a horrible draft pick. Yeah he went on to have a few good years in other places but the key is he stunk here.

Drafting Jeff George is in my top 5 as far as dumb moves at worse. Trading for Trent was dumb, drafting Trev Alberts was dumb, drafting Quincy Wilson was a bad move (Ballard era) so we have had several head scratching moves. George ranks way up there though. In 1991 we went 1-15 and George was crying about everything wanting to go to another team.

9 hours ago, Shive said:

If the normal criteria with Hard Knocks is in place, the Colts wouldn't have had a choice in it.

"Teams are allowed to opt out of the documentary series if they've appeared in the playoffs the previous two seasons or have a rookie head coach leading the franchise. Teams can also decline if they've appeared on Hard Knocks in the past 10 years."

They were in the playoffs just this past year...

8 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Jeff George was serviceable for a while as QB. Going on hard knocks in the midst of the season is by far the dumbest thing they’ve ever done. 

Archived