Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Playoff Predictor/Simulator (538): Colts #11 in AFC, and 38% of chance of playoffs

EastStreet

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I would worry about going to foxborough.  Yes I know the Colts just beat the pats but the pats don’t lose twice to teams in a season very often and they don’t lose at home in the playoffs very often.  Also, until that long run by Taylor New England had pretty much shut down the Colts offense in the second half and the Colts had no answer and the Pats had figured out the Colts D.

Foxborough is always tough but I don't think the Patriots are getting to the divisional round, so I'm not too worried

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not if the Pats are the six seed and the seven seed upsets the two.  Assuming the Colts aren’t the seven they would host the six seed in the divisional round if all the wild card teams win and the Colts are the five.  I would agree that’s probably not going to happen though.

No wild card teams don't face each other til all division winners are eliminated

51 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not if the Pats are the six seed and the seven seed upsets the two.  Assuming the Colts aren’t the seven they would host the six seed in the divisional round if all the wild card teams win and the Colts are the five.  I would agree that’s probably not going to happen though.

If we are the 5th seed will host 4th seed.if the 3rd and 2nd seed get upset then colts would host the Patriots in that scenario if the Patriots were the 6th seed and the 7th seed would face kc

7 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Ideally;

1.) Chiefs

2.) Tennessee

3.) Buffalo

4.) Bengals

5.) Colts

6.) NE

7.) Chargers

Divisional Round:

Chargers @ Chiefs

NE @ Colts

Chargers @ Colts 

This scenario is very realistic - it primarily just hinges on the Colts winning out & the Bills beating NE this weekend. 

It's entirely possible we get one or two HOME playoff games (granted we make it that far)

In this scenario:

Chargers would play at Tennessee #2 plays #7

Pats would play at Buffalo #3 plays #6

We would play at Cincinnati #4 plays #5

KC would have a Bye.

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

If we are the 5th seed will host 4th seed.if the 3rd and 2nd seed get upset then colts would host the Patriots in that scenario if the Patriots were the 6th seed and the 7th seed would face kc

The fifth seed would never host the fourth seed the would travel to the fourth seed in the first round,  the scenario that was given is in the second round if the Colts are the firth seed they would host the sixth seeded pats if all the wildcard teams win in the first round which is before the AFCCG as you originally stated.

7 hours ago, Stephen said:

No wild card teams don't face each other til all division winners are eliminated

They would if three lose in the first round.  Due to the elimination of the second bye it’s possible that only one division champion might be left after the first round.  If that were to happen, which again I think would be unlikely, the highest remaining wildcard team would get a home game in the second round,

9 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Ideally;

1.) Chiefs

2.) Tennessee

3.) Buffalo

4.) Bengals

5.) Colts

6.) NE

7.) Chargers

Divisional Round:

Chargers @ Chiefs

NE @ Colts

Chargers @ Colts 

This scenario is very realistic - it primarily just hinges on the Colts winning out & the Bills beating NE this weekend. 

It's entirely possible we get one or two HOME playoff games (granted we make it that far)

AFC Champ game will be Colts @ KC. 

The Colts could win the AFC South if the Titans lose the next two games and the Colts win the next three. They would be 11-6, the Titans 10-7. Possible, but not counting on it. Losing both games to the Titans hurt our chances for that. I just want the Colts to win Christmas Day. 

27 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

The Colts could win the AFC South if the Titans lose the next two games and the Colts win the next three. They would be 11-6, the Titans 10-7. Possible, but not counting on it. Losing both games to the Titans hurt our chances for that. I just want the Colts to win Christmas Day. 

As long as we make the playoffs I will be happy. Most left us for dead when we were 1-4. I hope we draw the Titans 1st if we do get in. I think we win that.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As long as we make the playoffs I will be happy. Most left us for dead when we were 1-4. I hope we draw the Titans 1st if we do get in. I think we win that.

Titans, Bengals, ravens I think we can beat. Pats and chiefs will be alot tougher especially since the Patriots insist they played bad because of a bad week of practice

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

They would if three lose in the first round.  Due to the elimination of the second bye it’s possible that only one division champion might be left after the first round.  If that were to happen, which again I think would be unlikely, the highest remaining wildcard team would get a home game in the second round,

Yea that's the same thing I said above lol

4 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea that's the same thing I said above lol

No it’s not you said no wildcard teams can play each other until all the division champions are gone and the Colts can’t play the pats until the AFCCG if the pats are the six seed and the Colts are the five seed.  You also said the five seed would host the four seed.  I explained how the first two can happen and the last can’t.

3 hours ago, coming on strong said:

its gonna be nerve wracking if the colts lose tomorrow they be out of the playoffs with two games left .  covid has thrown a monkey wrench into things with the chiefs steelers game .  

If Colts lose, and Pitt, Buff, LAC all win, then yes, the Colts would be outside looking in. 

If Colts win tomorrow night it won’t matter who wins with Bills and Pats. If Colts lose we need to root for Pats. We need ravens to lose. We need KC win. We need Raiders to lose. Dolphins are going to beat Saints most likely with everything going on. They could be right back in this thing. I don’t know what their conference record is.

EDIT Dolphins have 5 afc losses so we are still ok there plus have the head to head.

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

If Colts win tomorrow night it won’t matter who wins with Bills and Pats. If Colts lose we need to root for Pats. We need ravens to lose. We need KC win. We need Raiders to lose. Dolphins are going to beat Saints most likely with everything going on. They could be right back in this thing. I don’t know what their conference record is.

EDIT Dolphins have 5 afc losses so we are still ok there plus have the head to head.

Win vs Cards would make this so much simpler.

KC with Hill and Kelce out on Covid list could lose to Steelers and complicate things. With a 3 way tie at 10-5, Patriots would be #1 seed and Titans at #2 and Chiefs at #3 (Chiefs would then have 5 AFC losses, Titans have 4 AFC losses while Patriots will have 2 NFC losses) if I’m not mistaken, that’s how big this game is.

Like I said before, best scenario for Colts is a Bills win over Patriots this week so that will give us tie-breaker over both Bills and Patriots if we are 9-6 in wild card spot.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

KC with Hill and Kelce out on Covid list could lose to Steelers and complicate things. With a 3 way tie at 10-5, Patriots would be #1 seed and Titans at #2 and Chiefs at #3 (Chiefs would then have 5 AFC losses, Titans have 4 AFC losses while Patriots will have 2 NFC losses) if I’m not mistaken, that’s how big this game is.

Like I said before, best scenario for Colts is a Bills win over Patriots this week so that will give us tie-breaker over both Bills and Patriots if we are 9-6 in wild card spot.

Best scenerio is best AZ.

7 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Pittsburg has no business beating the Chiefs, but with Kelce & Hill out, it's a totally different team. 

Steelers always get lucky. There is a chance both of them are cleared before tomorrow’s game. Let’s hope they are. Because those three teams winning is very possible. Colts can make it easy by just winning tonight.

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

One of the two has to win the division, so I think we would rather just have the Pats win so that the Bills are a game behind us.  If we lose a game, it's better to have the Bills a game back.  

Archived