Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB for Next Draft

Colts fans we all agree that CB and WR need to be adressed. What we dont get this year we focus on next year.

David Amerson from N.C. State. Kid is 6'3 and almost 200lbs. Considered one of the best CBs in the draft. Can return punts and kicks and can be an option at WR. Would post more but I have to go

Brandon Flowers is 5'9" and one of the best CBs in the game. And he wasn't a great CB? He was a Heisman finalist, how was he not great?

He's not very good in coverage. He's a nickel corner who's allowed to let loose and attack. A lot of rushing the passer and a lot of going for the strip instead of the tackle because of all the great talent around him. He won't be good at the next level.

Because of the hype? He wasnt great at CB, and like 5'9.

Typically I don't agree with you but I agree with you on this. Highfive emoticon.

Another CB would be Xavier Rhodes who received a lot of love on this board. Desmond Trufant and Johnathan Banks as well as Johnny Adams

Next year's CB class is probably the best I've seen in the last 10 years. You could be looking a 6 CBs going in the first with potential starters going in the late 3rd, early 4th. It's amazing!

I'm assuming the Colts get a top 5 pick, and I'm looking at Tyrann Mathieu, or Dave Amerson. Both are great prospects, but different.

Typically I don't agree with you but I agree with you on this. Highfive emoticon.

Another CB would be Xavier Rhodes who received a lot of love on this board. Desmond Trufant and Johnathan Banks as well as Johnny Adams

Im an fsu fan and this dude will be a beast in the NFL no doubt.

Xavier Rhodes, definitely! He's most likely the Best Man-Coverage CB in next year's draft. He was putting the clamp down on Michael Floyd in the Champs sports Bowl. Although, Rhodes was injured in the game and i think it was serious, maybe a ACL problem, so he might not enter the draft next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Next year's CB class is probably the best I've seen in the last 10 years. You could be looking a 6 CBs going in the first with potential starters going in the late 3rd, early 4th. It's amazing!

I'm assuming the Colts get a top 5 pick, and I'm looking at Tyrann Mathieu, or Dave Amerson. Both are great prospects, but different.

is it wrong to hope we get the number 1 pick again for the drafts version of a kings ransom?

is it wrong to hope we get the number 1 pick again for the drafts version of a kings ransom?

Yes and no. You should never want to have a bad season but with a depleted roster like this we need ALL the talent we can get

I'd rather have Mathieu

The honeybadger is a big play waiting to happen. However Amerson has Deion Sanders potential. 13 picks this year. Hes got the size, speed, ball skills and is a threat when hes got the ball in his hands.

He's not very good in coverage. He's a nickel corner who's allowed to let loose and attack. A lot of rushing the passer and a lot of going for the strip instead of the tackle because of all the great talent around him. He won't be good at the next level.

So...grab him in the 2nd-3rd then. Hes a guy that you can move around in the secondary. Can play corner, safety and nickle. He is a playmaker. Period. And you can never have to many of those in the secondary... Especially after having to sit through a season where there were players who had more picks then the Colts entire team.

On a side note, he doesnt go for the strip because of other peoples talent. He goes for the strip because hes good at it. In fact amazing at it. Probably one of, if not the best ive seen do it.

Id go Montee Ball early if he fell to us next year, not sure who else will be in the draft next year but he would be a definite target

I doubt he'll be a first round pick. Lattimore is probably the only back with a first round grade, provided he returns to his pre-injury form.

The honeybadger is a big play waiting to happen. However Amerson has Deion Sanders potential. 13 picks this year. Hes got the size, speed, ball skills and is a threat when hes got the ball in his hands.

So...grab him in the 2nd-3rd then. Hes a guy that you can move around in the secondary. Can play corner, safety and nickle. He is a playmaker. Period. And you can never have to many of those in the secondary... Especially after having to sit through a season where there were players who had more picks then the Colts entire team.

On a side note, he doesnt go for the strip because of other peoples talent. He goes for the strip because hes good at it. In fact amazing at it. Probably one of, if not the best ive seen do it.

He'a going to be a first round pick, just isn't worth it. Great college player, but that's where it ends.

Id go Montee Ball early if he fell to us next year, not sure who else will be in the draft next year but he would be a definite target

That's who I'm thinking ball or the LB from The Irish to build the defense around. Te'o and angler would be crazy good for years to come in the middle of our new defense.

The 2013 draft is strong in CB talent, we may not have to reach for one, whether we are in the top 5 or in the top 15. The key is, can we move down from the top 5 to the top 10 and still get a CB we want while picking up an additional 3rd at least.

He'a going to be a first round pick, just isn't worth it. Great college player, but that's where it ends.

Way to early to say when people will be taken. Remember Burfict was a top 15 pick this year before the season...Didnt even get drafted. That being said why do you think he will struggle in the pros? The work ethic of this guy is in the same class as the Ray Lewis's of the world. And the athletic ability to excel in the pros. The biggest knock on his game is that he is average in man coverage. But he is also the first to admit that. Keep in mind that he was only a sophomore this year, hes got time to improve his game and believe me he will.

That's who I'm thinking ball or the LB from The Irish to build the defense around. Te'o and angler would be crazy good for years to come in the middle of our new defense.

Todd Mcshay had him pairing up with Von Miller which would be just plain unfair. I think Te'o would be the best answer for ILB and him and Angerer would tear it up, but we need also a CB and an OLB. Jarvis Jones and David Amerson could help us a lot also. One thing that we have going for us is that we have a ton of cap room for next year, so we could pick up a player from one of those positions in Free Agency. Also IF we have the #1 or #2 picks we could trade down and load up on picks for the future and next year. Maybe a team that's is trading up has two high first round draft picks. I am excited for next years season and draft! Can't wait to see what happens.

Colts fans we all agree that CB and WR need to be adressed. What we dont get this year we focus on next year.

David Amerson from N.C. State. Kid is 6'3 and almost 200lbs. Considered one of the best CBs in the draft. Can return punts and kicks and can be an option at WR. Would post more but I have to go

I really think it should depend on best available. The WR class next year is PACKED full of talent, and that's not even assuming the underclassmen are coming out.

All in all though, I'd rather focus on the upcoming season and not looking too far ahead. I personally think we'll have a great year and could very well have a winning record.

I really think it should depend on best available. The WR class next year is PACKED full of talent, and that's not even assuming the underclassmen are coming out.

All in all though, I'd rather focus on the upcoming season and not looking too far ahead. I personally think we'll have a great year and could very well have a winning record.

Me, Gavin, chad72 and others I've neglected to list live for the draft(not really but still). Most exciting part of football I think is predicting and discussing every player you want your team to choose

Way to early to say when people will be taken. Remember Burfict was a top 15 pick this year before the season...Didnt even get drafted. That being said why do you think he will struggle in the pros? The work ethic of this guy is in the same class as the Ray Lewis's of the world. And the athletic ability to excel in the pros. The biggest knock on his game is that he is average in man coverage. But he is also the first to admit that. Keep in mind that he was only a sophomore this year, hes got time to improve his game and believe me he will.

I just don't see it with him being undersized and struggling in coverage. He doesn't have a great position in the pros.

Me, Gavin, chad72 and others I've neglected to list live for the draft(not really but still). Most exciting part of football I think is predicting and discussing every player you want your team to choose

Well naturally, yeah. But predicting a draft class a full year ahead from now is nearly impossible. There's the slight possibility the Colts could shock the world and win the Super Bowl, thus not picking until last. There's the slight possibility they'll have another #1 overall pick. Plus, a good portion of how a team decides to pick is by how players performed the previous season, so performance is obviously relevant, and we won't know that either until the NFL season rolls around.

I get what you're saying though, and that's fine by me. I just don't like to see people, especially fans, completely look past the upcoming season. There's going to be great football next season one way or another, I can't wait.

Well naturally, yeah. But predicting a draft class a full year ahead from now is nearly impossible. There's the slight possibility the Colts could shock the world and win the Super Bowl, thus not picking until last. There's the slight possibility they'll have another #1 overall pick. Plus, a good portion of how a team decides to pick is by how players performed the previous season, so performance is obviously relevant, and we won't know that either until the NFL season rolls around.

I get what you're saying though, and that's fine by me. I just don't like to see people, especially fans, completely look past the upcoming season. There's going to be great football next season one way or another, I can't wait.

and last year we had .0000000000000000001 chance of picking 1st and look how that turned out

Todd Mcshay had him pairing up with Von Miller which would be just plain unfair. I think Te'o would be the best answer for ILB and him and Angerer would tear it up, but we need also a CB and an OLB. Jarvis Jones and David Amerson could help us a lot also. One thing that we have going for us is that we have a ton of cap room for next year, so we could pick up a player from one of those positions in Free Agency. Also IF we have the #1 or #2 picks we could trade down and load up on picks for the future and next year. Maybe a team that's is trading up has two high first round draft picks. I am excited for next years season and draft! Can't wait to see what happens.

Same here think we may get two star players on D next year in free agency and I'm targeting o line help or maybe mike Wallace in free agency next year. Have a top 5 pick next year get what the rams got for their pick and Grigson can have a field day in the draft. I look

for o-line and defense next year maybe a star receiver if we can get one, how about another 6'6 tight end in Tyler something from Norte dame. We could change the nfl with TE after TE on the field at the same time. (sarcasm).

and last year we had .0000000000000000001 chance of picking 1st and look how that turned out

I'm not sure how you think we had a slim to none chance of having the 1st overall pick last year. The news came out a couple weeks before the start of the regular season that Peyton would be out most if not all of the season, so from right then and there there was a pretty solid chance we were going to be the worst team in the league.

The question is. If we have David Amerson and Robert Woods on our boards at the same time. Which one do we pick.

It's very rare for a Guy like Robert, even with his talents to do what he did while on the same team as Turner and Marquis Lee.

Shows that he's not selfish. He proably runs a 4.38 forty yard dash. He the best prospect since A.J. Green.

Amerson...Doesn't look that fast on tape, may run a 4.55 I don't really know, but the guy obviously uses his Measurables to max potential. I mean, what I we can get a Taller Charles Woodson.

If Amerson shows his skill this year, and shows the league he can run under a 4.5 man, I wouldn't know which of the 2 to take.

anyway way you look at it #1 wide receivers can be found throughout the draft if you think about it thats not usually the case with a Corner, most of the time they can cover and read and react or they just cant, I know what we go after next year depends on what happens this year but we still have Reggie Wayne under contract, then again if we get the number 1 pick in the draft again we can trade that pick and get alot of picks in the process and get both

amerson and rhodes are good but id rather have demarcus milliner cb from alabama. he played opposite dre kirkpatrick and many scouts believe he's a better man cover cb then kirkpatrick.

This is like asking do you want the Lexus, the Mercedes or the Cadillac.I dont see how we fail if we take one of these 3.

The question is. If we have David Amerson and Robert Woods on our boards at the same time. Which one do we pick.

It's very rare for a Guy like Robert, even with his talents to do what he did while on the same team as Turner and Marquis Lee.

Shows that he's not selfish. He proably runs a 4.38 forty yard dash. He the best prospect since A.J. Green.

Amerson...Doesn't look that fast on tape, may run a 4.55 I don't really know, but the guy obviously uses his Measurables to max potential. I mean, what I we can get a Taller Charles Woodson.

If Amerson shows his skill this year, and shows the league he can run under a 4.5 man, I wouldn't know which of the 2 to take.

Amerson and Woods are both arguably top 5 talents, but I'd take Woods just because CB looks really deep. The dropoff from Amerson to Rhodes or Trufant or Matheiu or Banks is not as large as it is at WR where Woods and Allen are the clear top two followed by a large gap.