Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers Open to NFL Return...

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If our entire left side of the OL wasn't in question, I'd be begging him to come back.

Doubt he would want to come back after we said no-thanks... and without a LT and LG... 

This,

Phillip gets rid of the ball in a hurry, but was he in the 1.8 second range release time that Manning had one of his last seasons with us?

1 minute ago, Dunk said:

This,

Phillip gets rid of the ball in a hurry, but was he in the 1.8 second range release time that Manning had one of his last seasons with us?

I think Rivers can adjust to whatever TtT is required to be honest. As long as the play calling is supportive, he could have the lowest TtT in the league.

I wouldn't be opposed to him coming back on a vet minimum. Everyone knows I wasn't the biggest fan of him to begin with. However, I can't deny his ability to be better than average consistently. 

6 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

In all seriousness I'd rather have Kaepernick. ;)

hard pass. 

if i'm bringing in a vet, i'm not bringing one in with sub 50 QBRs... 

5 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I’ll scratch it for him for the vet min. 

thank you for taking one for the team.

41 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I wouldn't be opposed to him coming back on a vet minimum. Everyone knows I wasn't the biggest fan of him to begin with. However, I can't deny his ability to be better than average consistently. 

Would you promise to never start another noodle arm thread ?

4 minutes ago, CoachKjr said:

Agree with this 100, he can do both, heck Deion played an NFL game then a MLB playoff game on the same day!

He knows the O. We could change up practice a bit and let him fly home on Thursday nights and back on Saturday mornings. Irsay has a jet. About a 3 hour flight IIRC. He can watch film on the flight lol. He can practice with the Colts during the day, and Zoom with his HS team in the evenings.

I know it would never happen, but it would be kinda cool if it did.

This is unreal. I wanted him back and posted on here I hope he plays 2 years when the Colts signed him. With him we were at least a playoff team and competitive. I predicted we would be. Had we not had 2 or 3 fluky blunders against the Bills we would've won a playoff game. I wanted to draft a QB in 2022.

It isn't about if you like the guy for personal reasons, it's about is he good and winning. If Tom Brady came here I would love it and can't stand the dude.

The rumors are getting so crazy, on my way into work tonight there was a guy that does his radio show (nobody here locally) said the Colts should entertain bringing Drew Brees in. Reason being is we have a great O.Line (assuming Nelson will be ok) and a very good run game. Also he went to Purdue and is familiar with Indiana and the fans like him here.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The rumors are getting so crazy, on my way into work tonight there was a guy that does his radio show (nobody here locally) said the Colts should entertain bringing Drew Brees in. Reason being is we have a great O.Line (assuming Nelson will be ok) and a very good run game. Also he went to Purdue and is familiar with Indiana and the fans like him here.

Yeah but if Brees was going to play he’d still be in New Orleans.  That’s just a radio guy trying to get attention.  I don’t know if I would call that a rumor though as he’s not saying he’s hearing it’s going to happen he’s just saying the Colts should do it.

Archived