Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers Open to NFL Return...

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah but if Brees was going to play he’d still be in New Orleans.  That’s just a radio guy trying to get attention.  I don’t know if I would call that a rumor though as he’s not saying he’s hearing it’s going to happen he’s just saying the Colts should do it.

Not sure but I thought I would post this because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I haven't heard it from anyone else but it is still early lmao 

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

He knows the O. We could change up practice a bit and let him fly home on Thursday nights and back on Saturday mornings. Irsay has a jet. About a 3 hour flight IIRC. He can watch film on the flight lol. He can practice with the Colts during the day, and Zoom with his HS team in the evenings.

I know it would never happen, but it would be kinda cool if it did.

That schedule actually sounds a lot more reasonable than what he did when Chargers moved to LA. He stayed in SD and commuted 2 hours each way to practice.  And he watched film in the van. 

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The rumors are getting so crazy, on my way into work tonight there was a guy that does his radio show (nobody here locally) said the Colts should entertain bringing Drew Brees in. Reason being is we have a great O.Line (assuming Nelson will be ok) and a very good run game. Also he went to Purdue and is familiar with Indiana and the fans like him here.

I feel pretty confident that Drew Brees has decided that he's done with playing football.  

He was still playing at a pretty elite level so if he really wanted to play he'd have no trouble finding a team.  (Assuming that his contract with the Saints completely ran out)

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is unreal. I wanted him back and posted on here I hope he plays 2 years when the Colts signed him. With him we were at least a playoff team and competitive. I predicted we would be. Had we not had 2 or 3 fluky blunders against the Bills we would've won a playoff game. I wanted to draft a QB in 2022.

It isn't about if you like the guy for personal reasons, it's about is he good and winning. If Tom Brady came here I would love it and can't stand the dude.

Bradys available?

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

I say let's bring Rivers back, then trade Rivers and Wentz to Houston for Watson...oh wait, O'Brien isn't in Houston anymore.  Never mind, as you were...

Man if O’Brien was still in Houston the Colts could trade them whatever kicker they were going to cut to get Watson.  

The bigger issue with Watson though are his legal problems.  Until those are answered no team is touching him with a 10 foot pole.

Fits with Wentz's career history when another QB, come playoff time, came in and saved the day. 

Once the Thanksgiving pie has settled down and the power naps are over, high school season is pretty much done. Then Reich and his coaching staff can see where Rivers' appetite for the game is so that they can roll him in around week 12 before the week 13 bye week and see if he can help us then. 

:peek:

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

That schedule actually sounds a lot more reasonable than what he did when Chargers moved to LA. He stayed in SD and commuted 2 hours each way to practice.  And he watched film in the van. 

Yup. But I think he said today he wasn't doing anything until his HS season was done.

Rivers literally said he’s talking about possibly coming back in December and January.  

He’s clearly talking about a team in the playoff hunt at the end of the season. 

He’s NOT talking about playing in September, October and November.    From a Colts perspective right now,  this is a non-starter. 

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The same Colin Kapernick that hasn’t played in the last 5 years?!?

That Kapernick?    It is there another?   

Sheesh…….       :facepalm:

yea the winky face was supposed to be a clue. Someone get Sherlock in here. 

Don't assume the Colts won't need him late in the season, though, just because Wentz (and everybody else) is hurt now. If the Colts can somehow manage to stay in playoff contention up to the point Philip becomes available, it's possible Wentz isn't ready to return at that point. There's no telling right now what his status will be later in the season. Hopefully, this scenario doesn't occur, and Wentz is ready to go as planned, but if he's not, a late season reunion with Philip may look like a gift from the heavens come late November.

Regardless, it's meaningless right now, so there's no need to bother with it at the moment. Got to keep pulling for Eason to really start rolling and picking up steam.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry….

Didn't see the wink.   What I did see were the words,  “In all seriousness…”

I've spent a lot of time in wisconsin where we start sentences like "yea, no so I went over there and he wasn't there. 

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Rivers literally said he’s talking about possibly coming back in December and January.  

He’s NOT talking about playing in September, October and November.    From a Colts perspective right now,  this is a non-starter. 

If Rivers team doesn't make the playoffs he is done 10/28 so November is very doable.  If they make the playoffs I wonder how long that could go on for.

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's how I read it - he laid out specific criteria that it would take for him to return, and it would basically be as a late season rental to take just 1 more shot at leading a team to a championship.

2 hours ago, CoachKjr said:

If Rivers team doesn't make the playoffs he is done 10/28 so November is very doable.  If they make the playoffs I wonder how long that could go on for.

Since Rivers himself talked about December as a possibility for playing, I’d have to guess that the playoffs could go on for roughly one month — November.    

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Since Rivers himself talked about December as a possibility for playing, I’d have to guess that the playoffs could go on for roughly one month — November.    

That, or he may only be interested in returning for a postseason run and not 2 or 3 months' worth of games.

16 hours ago, stitches said:

If he's in good shape... that would actually be perfect for us. He needs to be willing to come back just for a few games though. I don't want him feeling screwed up by the Colts once Wentz returns and claims his starting spot. 

Ridiculous take, if Rivers is there they aren't benching a HOF QB for a QB that has so far been a bust.

Archived