Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

13 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Don't forget CF for KB, the most prestine spot he's played.

@Barry Sears up until Padres start Kim would've been up there with Flaherty I think. Woodruff too if not for Covid IL stint

Yes, Kim has been solid this season.  I like watching him pitch because he just gets the ball, gets the sign and then delivers.  His average time between pitches is less than half the MLB average.  Agree on Woodruff, he is a stud and not many know about it generally.

Well, Flaherty on the 10 Day DL and could be out longer from what I've read.  Was hoping Mikolas would have been back by now, but he hit a roadblock and is out longer now, too.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kimbrel is money, Cubs win 4-3 over the Padres. I am convinced now we can hang with anyone, we won 2 of 3 at St. Louis and now 2 straight over the Padres. This is great stuff! Cubs now 31-23 Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons@HOZER, Fly the Flag. Kimbrel toyed with the Padres in the 9th. This is like having Chapman back :scoregood:

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Yes, Kim has been solid this season.  I like watching him pitch because he just gets the ball, gets the sign and then delivers.  His average time between pitches is less than half the MLB average.  Agree on Woodruff, he is a stud and not many know about it generally.

Well, Flaherty on the 10 Day DL and could be out longer from what I've read.  Was hoping Mikolas would have been back by now, but he hit a roadblock and is out longer now, too.

It's going to be tough for the Cardinals with their starting rotation minus Flaherty.    They do not have a strong crop in the minors so they will have to make a trade.  

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's going to be tough for the Cardinals with their starting rotation minus Flaherty.    They do not have a strong crop in the minors so they will have to make a trade.  

Yes, I can see them making a deal if Flaherty is out more than 3-4 weeks.

Just now, Barry Sears said:

Yes and sounds like he could be out 4-6 weeks

Yep i dont believe they have the pitching without him unless they go sign someone or trade. They are refusing to use Reyes as a starter for this year. Nice win against the Dodgers last night.

Cubs sweep the Padres! Alzolay is rolling! Scary collision for the Padres outfielders, can’t believe the still got a double play after the collision, not sure I agree with the run not scoring. Anyway, GoCubsGo!

image.thumb.png.d70c3d0781df8f65a0cb0aa25e93c555.pngimage.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

6 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Yes and sounds like he could be out 4-6 weeks

Ya, I am guessing if he it perfectly it will be 5 with couple rehab starts. The Cubs have a relief guy who hasn't pitched this year due to oblique that happened a few months ago

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

Cubs sweep the Padres! Alzolay is rolling! Scary collision for the Padres outfielders, can’t believe the still got a double play after the collision, not sure I agree with the run not scoring. Anyway, GoCubsGo!

image.thumb.png.d70c3d0781df8f65a0cb0aa25e93c555.pngimage.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

I mean it is the force out. That one is on Willie Harris, not screaming RUN!!!! as the ump said no catch in the OF

Now that fully back to using computer, and know @NFLfan likes to hear about the different spots, T-Mobile in Seattle is really nice. The concept on concourse is really open, easy to walk around and see. They have their Hall of Fame located within the Stadium can go to. The team store is giant, two floors to go to. Then the view from the seats is nice. Full view of Seattle out CF. Have the hand scoreboard down in LF. Really clean looking nice looking field. Cool also as the roof when open, you can see the purple lights on the roof. Very nice set up 8.3/10

I also went to Lumen Field, Seahawks, that one, while super loud (went to a Sounder game (MLS)), it isn't an overly, impressive stadium, just kinda there. The videoboards are small and not situated great. Steep stairs and long ramps to climb. And no escelator. The open concept of the concourse was nice and easy to walk around, but overall the stadium is meh. 3.8/10 

4 hours ago, HOZER said:

Dodgers are up 11-1 over the Cards tonight so it is looking like we will hold a 1.5 game lead over the Cards for the NL Central lead after tonight. We are currently 32-23, Cards would fall to 31-25. It is pretty impressive to sweep the Padres, I was thinking we would get 2 of 3 but a sweep it was. Robin Williams Dancing GIF by STARZ

On 5/30/2021 at 10:41 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And another cub out. Trevor Williams had appendectomy today and will miss tomorrow start and probably a second 

So many Mets players have been out. It is hard to keep track of. Thankfully the Mets are not in the Central. That division is tough.

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

So many Mets players have been out. It is hard to keep track of. Thankfully the Mets are not in the Central. That division is tough.

Mets are in 1st place in the NL East, they have a good team this year. They currently have a 4.5 game lead over the Phillies and Braves and both those teams have all kinds of problems. Ozuna for the Braves is facing prison time for domestic abuse, Harper is always injured and is a chemistry wrecker. If I am a Mets fan I would be smiling from ear to ear. Cubs have to put up with the Cards and Brewers all season, that is tough. 

I predict the spiral will continue for the Cardinals.   Their starting rotation will be bad for over a month.   

I'll be rooting for them, but they will need to score 6+ runs a game to get wins.   Of course there will be exceptions.  

12 hours ago, Myles said:

I predict the spiral will continue for the Cardinals.   Their starting rotation will be bad for over a month.   

I'll be rooting for them, but they will need to score 6+ runs a game to get wins.   Of course there will be exceptions.  

I am going to the game tomorrow night. I was looking at the give away (powder blue jersey) and all 3 options are injured. Mikolas, Dejong, and Flaherty 

We have to be careful here because we play the Giants at SF for 4 straight games and the Cards have the Reds for 3 straight in St. Louis. Brewers also got the luck of the draw and play 4 straight against the D-Backs who are terrible. Standings could change easily by Sunday. At least we do have a 1.5 game lead cushion as of now.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have to be careful here because we play the Giants at SF for 4 straight games and the Cards have the Reds for 3 straight in St. Louis. Brewers also got the luck of the draw and play 4 straight against the D-Backs who are terrible. Standings could change easily by Sunday. At least we do have a 1.5 game lead cushion as of now.

The Cards-Reds is 4 games too. They started tonight. Last I saw was Reds 3-2 in 8th

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Of course, D-Backs are bad. I see them and Angels next Friday in PHX. And at the Reds-Cards game tomorrow maybe sat too

That is pretty cool you go to a lot of games and get to see the different parks. Do you go with anyone? It would be cool to have a hotdog and a beer watching any teams play IMO. Well good teams play lol.

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is pretty cool you go to a lot of games and get to see the different parks. Do you go with anyone? It would be cool to have a hotdog and a beer watching any teams play IMO. Well good teams play lol.

Yaa, I mean for STL it is easy enough, just asks friends to go, kinda like a minor league game (easy cheap to get to). 

And ya I do not go to games by myself. Ive gone with cousin (will for AZ) and then friends, my mom, my dad, depending where (Dad was Tor, and maybe Den in Sept.) (Mom NL Central and White Sox teams). It is plus side of being young with a good income, just travel when I can.

15 hours ago, Myles said:

The Cardinals get to face the Reds starter Castillo tonight.   He's struggled this season, so this is a game the Cards can win.   

Cards lost but the Cubs are down 8-5 in the 6th so it looks like both teams are going to lose. The schedule makers stuck it to the Cubs to start June but that is ok, 3 vs SD, 4 at SF, and then 3 at SD lol. We get through that stretch at least tied for the division lead I will be happy. Cards and Brewers got to play the D-Backs for 4 games, Brewers beat the hapless D-Backs again tonight! season 3 laughing GIF while we are stuck playing the best teams in the NL record wise for 10 straight games.

One promising thing is, we did sweep the Padres at Wrigley to start this rough patch.

16 hours ago, Myles said:

The Cardinals get to face the Reds starter Castillo tonight.   He's struggled this season, so this is a game the Cards can win.   

You guys almost did, had winning run in the box. 

In other news I got a Jack Flaherty blue jersey tonight as the give away. All 3 mystery jerseys were injured guys. (Flaherty, Mikolas, Dejong) good timing there. 

Yeah Cubs lost again, Giants have a borderline great team. Hardly no weaknesses at all. Cubs are still in 1st in the NL Central heading into Saturday but by only a game over the Brewers. Here are the NL Central standings after June 4th:

1. Cubs 32-25

2. Brewers 31-26 (1 back)

3. Cards 31-27 (1.5 back)

4. Reds 26-29 (5 back)

5. Pirates 22-34 (9.5 back)

-Reds are hanging around, 5 back isn't bad for early June.

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Cubs lost again, Giants have a borderline great team. Hardly no weaknesses at all. Cubs are still in 1st in the NL Central heading into Saturday but by only a game over the Brewers. Here are the NL Central standings after June 4th:

1. Cubs 32-25

2. Brewers 31-26 (1 back)

3. Cards 31-27 (1.5 back)

4. Reds 26-29 (5 back)

5. Pirates 22-34 (9.5 back)

-Reds are hanging around, 5 back isn't bad for early June.

It was bad pitching by Jake again. He was throwing up before and after game, which mostly means he was being irresponsible teammate pitching. This is one of those situation he needs to say ia m throwing up, and Ross starting Keegan as Bullpen day. He did not give us a chance to win

27 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

It was bad pitching by Jake again. He was throwing up before and after game, which mostly means he was being irresponsible teammate pitching. This is one of those situation he needs to say ia m throwing up, and Ross starting Keegan as Bullpen day. He did not give us a chance to win

Jake was sick? I did not know that.

Cardinal starter Kim left in the 3rd inning with back problems.   This teams starting rotation is possibly the worst in the league right now.   It had a chance to be very good this season.   Then we lost Hudson.   Lost Flaherty. Lost Mikolas.   Lost Kim.    The next 10 games will be tough to win.   Hopefully they find a way to go .500.

5 hours ago, Myles said:

Cardinal starter Kim left in the 3rd inning with back problems.   This teams starting rotation is possibly the worst in the league right now.   It had a chance to be very good this season.   Then we lost Hudson.   Lost Flaherty. Lost Mikolas.   Lost Kim.    The next 10 games will be tough to win.   Hopefully they find a way to go .500.

Reds beat them again today so the Cards are currently 2 games back from the Cubs. Cubs play at SF tonight. I hope the Cubs can find a way to at least win 1 of these games in this series, SF looks unbeatable right now.

36 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Yep. I guess had some bad food. It was a major mistake to let him pitch

Strange that Ross wouldn't notice that before the game. I didn't watch the game, just followed it at work so I had no visual of the game. So far tonight Cubs are up 2-0 but they lead 2-0 in the first 2 games and lost. We are facing SF's best pitcher tonight but Wisdom took him deep already.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Strange that Ross wouldn't notice that before the game. I didn't watch the game, just followed it at work so I had no visual of the game. So far tonight Cubs are up 2-0 but they lead 2-0 in the first 2 games and lost. We are facing SF's best pitcher tonight but Wisdom took him deep already.

ya i only heard about it

Also can we stop being on national games. The entire fox Broadcast teams just suck. They aren't informative and just say the same stuff again and again and use outdated stuff. ESPN also

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

ya i only heard about it

Also can we stop being on national games. The entire fox Broadcast teams just suck. They aren't informative and just say the same stuff again and again and use outdated stuff. ESPN also

At least it isn't Joe Buck tonight but we aren't playing the Cards either haha . When we play the Cards he will be there lmao 

Nice try at a come back but no dice. The Giants are definitely legit very good IMO. We may get swept 4-0 in this series. 

NL Central Standings through June 5th are:

1. Brewers 32-26

Cubs 32-26 (tied with Brewers)

3. Cards 31-28 (1.5 back)

4. Reds 27-29 (4 back)

5. Pirates 23-34 (8.5 back)

-The Brewers are taking full advantage of beating up on that high school team that they call the D-Backs while we are stuck playing the best team in baseball lmao . It will all even out because sooner or later they will have to travel to SF and we will get the D-Backs so it is all good. Cards getting swept by the Reds is really surprising despite their injuries.

Yanks lost the first two to Boston. Greene came in a 3-3 tie and didn't have it and gave up 4 runs.

Yanks are at or near the bottom in offense. Their like 0-17 when their pitchers give up 5 runs or more.

We need badly to win tomorrow and salvage 1 game.

In other New York sporting news Essential Quality won a stretch duel over a stubborn Hot Rod Charlie to capture the Belmont Stakes, the last jewel in this years tarnished Triple Crown thanks to the now disgraced, often caught cheating Bob Baffert....

Looking forward to the upcoming months to watch both EQ & HRC race. They are both nice Horses.

Too bad the Yankees can't use them to pinch hit for them. haha

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nice try at a come back but no dice. The Giants are definitely legit very good IMO. We may get swept 4-0 in this series. 

NL Central Standings through June 5th are:

1. Brewers 32-26

Cubs 32-26 (tied with Brewers)

3. Cards 31-28 (1.5 back)

4. Reds 27-29 (4 back)

5. Pirates 23-34 (8.5 back)

-The Brewers are taking full advantage of beating up on that high school team that they call the D-Backs while we are stuck playing the best team in baseball lmao . It will all even out because sooner or later they will have to travel to SF and we will get the D-Backs so it is all good. Cards getting swept by the Reds is really surprising despite their injuries.

Yeah I seen you called the Diamondbacks a high school team....so I checked their record...its 20-40, that's pretty bad. 

But not as bad as the :  

Cleveland Spiders

The 1899 Cleveland Spiders own the worst single-season record of all time (minimum 120 games) and finished with a 20-134 record. :woah:

They needed Analytics badly haha

20 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yeah I seen you called the Diamondbacks a high school team....so I checked their record...its 20-40, that's pretty bad. 

But not as bad as the :  

Cleveland Spiders

The 1899 Cleveland Spiders own the worst single-season record of all time (minimum 120 games) and finished with a 20-134 record. :woah:

They needed Analytics badly haha

It is still early in the season and I expect the Yankees to get hot soon. The 1899 Spiders must have been really fun to watch haha .

Archived