Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, HOZER said:

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

Yeah nice over the Nats today, Cubs take series 3-1. Big weekend ahead as the 2nd place Cubs at 22-21 take on the 1st place Cards who are 25-18 in a 3 game series. Cubs are exactly 3 games behind the Cards in the NL Central. This will be an interesting series for early in the season. Traveling to St. Louis and trying to win a series is never easy. I hope we can somehow get 2 of 3. 

Big series between the Cubs and Cardinals.   I think the Cardinals need to win at least 2 in order to pad their lead.   After this series the Cardinals are on the road for 10 games (White Sox, Diamondbacks and Dodgers).  That could be a .500 road trip or worse.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Big series between the Cubs and Cardinals.   I think the Cardinals need to win at least 2 in order to pad their lead.   After this series the Cardinals are on the road for 10 games (White Sox, Diamondbacks and Dodgers).  That could be a .500 road trip or worse.  

This is a big series against the Cubs.  That road trip will be tough...Sox are hot, D-Backs and LA are west coast with time difference.  Will be weird seeing Pujols play against us in Dodger blue.  Saw he hit his first dinger for them last night.  He's wearing 55, which looks odd on him, too.

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

This is a big series against the Cubs.  That road trip will be tough...Sox are hot, D-Backs and LA are west coast with time difference.  Will be weird seeing Pujols play against us in Dodger blue.  Saw he hit his first dinger for them last night.  He's wearing 55, which looks odd on him, too.

I agree but then I remembered the Seager has #5 which meant no way was he going to get to wear

Belated news....

Kluber threw  6th mlb No No of the year the other day......2nd in a 24 hour period. 

Props to him. 

If he can return to top form, him and Cole would make a nice 1-2 punch. 

....I thought I heard Chapman hit 103mph on the gun! 

...he's my favorite player. :thmup:

Yankees open up a series with the first place white sox on Friday....

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Belated news....

Kluber threw  6th mlb No No of the year the other day......2nd in a 24 hour period. 

Props to him. 

If he can return to top form, him and Cole would make a nice 1-2 punch. 

....I thought I heard Chapman hit 103mph on the gun! 

...he's my favorite player. :thmup:

Yankees open up a series with the first place white sox on Friday....

Psh I announced right after it happened:D

So far this year, the Rangers, Mariners, and Cleveland have all been no hit twice. The Rangers and Mariners have been no hit twice at home. 

Cubs up 12-3 over Cards in the Top of the 8th. Getting game 1 in this 3 game set is huge, that puts all the pressure on the Cards at this point if they plan on getting 2 of 3. I think other than Yankees/Red Sox, the Cubs/Cards are the biggest rivalry in Baseball. Cubs/Cards have always been a rivalry but 1 sided in favor of the Cards up until we got great in 2015. We beat the Cards in the 2015 NLDS, then after we won the WS in 2016 we finally got the respect we deserved from Cards fans. It has been a true rivalry for 7 seasons now. The Cubs definitely are no joke anymore and haven't been in 7 years. 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs up 12-3 over Cards in the Top of the 8th. Getting game 1 in this 3 game set is huge, that puts all the pressure on the Cards at this point if they plan on getting 2 of 3. I think other than Yankees/Red Sox, the Cubs/Cards are the biggest rivalry in Baseball. Cubs/Cards have always been a rivalry but 1 sided in favor of the Cards up until we got great in 2015. We beat the Cards in the 2015 NLDS, then after we won the WS in 2016 we finally got the respect we deserved from Cards fans. It has been a true rivalry for 7 seasons now. The Cubs definitely are no joke anymore and haven't been in 7 years. 

Have scored 12, still not even close to the highest scoring team today. Braves go for 20 vs Pirates who scored 1 late to get on the board

I just hope tomorrow we still have some runs to use. I will be at the game, Upper behind Home Plate

10 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Have scored 12, still not even close to the highest scoring team today. Braves go for 20 vs Pirates who scored 1 late to get on the board

I just hope tomorrow we still have some runs to use. I will be at the game, Upper behind Home Plate

I was hoping to get 2 of 3, we have 2 chances at it now. Enjoy the game. @HOZERFly the Flag big win tonight, 12-3 over the Cards.

NL Central standings entering Saturday May 22nd, 2021:

1. Cards 25-19

2. Cubs 23-21 (2 back)

3. Brewers 21-23 (4 back)

4. Reds 20-23 (4.5 back)

5. Pirates 18-26 (7 back)

-Brewers lost again this time to the Reds and now are 4 back, that is good. Cubs and Cards still have 2 more games left in their 3 game set this weekend. Go Cubs!

Well, the first half of the game was good.

i'm not sure I agree with the Cardinals starting pitchers.

Yesterday Martinez pitches his first game since an injury.    Today Mikolas pitches for the first time since Oct 2019.   Throwing iffy pitchers out there against the 2nd place team.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

Yesterday Martinez pitches his first game since an injury.    Today Mikolas pitches for the first time since Oct 2019.   Throwing iffy pitchers out there against the 2nd place team.  

But the Cubs have had some issues in the past, even worse sometimes when it comes to new guys/coming off injury

3 hours ago, Myles said:

The Cubs actually played sloppy early on, had a couple of uncharacteristic errors that led to Cards runs. I thought at that time, they can't win doing that. The bats came alive bigtime though. Game 2 should be interesting. 

Yankees beat chi sox 2-1 yesterday and 7-0 today. Despite Cole not having command he still held white sox scoreless. 

Tomorrow yankees go for the sweep, unless we play them Monday.  Lol

In a side note the pirates lost a heartbreaker yesterday to the Braves,  20-1. haha

So far pretty good game. Cards look like they will win this as they are up 2-1 in the 9th. Cubs have 1 last chance to try and pull this out. A lot of great pitching in this game on both sides. Other than having to listen to Joe Buck and John Smoltz butt kiss the Cards all night, I have enjoyed the pitching duel. Buck should be the Cards announcer because he sounds like it lmao .

41 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Yankees beat chi sox 2-1 yesterday and 7-0 today. Despite Cole not having command he still held white sox scoreless. 

Tomorrow yankees go for the sweep, unless we play them Monday.  Lol

In a side note the pirates lost a heartbreaker yesterday to the Braves,  20-1. haha

Yankees pulled off a Triple Play in that win :thmup:. I love Chapman, he was a huge reason why the Cubs were in the WS.

-Yankees won today 7-0 as well.

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far pretty good game. Cards look like they will win this as they are up 2-1 in the 9th. Cubs have 1 last chance to try and pull this out. A lot of great pitching in this game on both sides. Other than having to listen to Joe Buck and John Smoltz butt kiss the Cards all night, I have enjoyed the pitching duel. Buck should be the Cards announcer because he sounds like it lmao .

That was certainly a plus being at the game, not having to listen to Buck and Smoltz, Smoltz is an older timer (like all Braves alumni I found out) who can't stand changes in the game like at all. 

And speaking of Buck, he was the Cards broadcaster, his dad was too (I blame STL for having Joe Buck in this world) He still was living in STL until recently as they just sold their house which was 11 min away from my apartment. He should never be allow to call Cards game, or MLB Games, Or NFL games. 

14 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

That was certainly a plus being at the game, not having to listen to Buck and Smoltz, Smoltz is an older timer (like all Braves alumni I found out) who can't stand changes in the game like at all. 

And speaking of Buck, he was the Cards broadcaster, his dad was too (I blame STL for having Joe Buck in this world) He still was living in STL until recently as they just sold their house which was 11 min away from my apartment. He should never be allow to call Cards game, or MLB Games, Or NFL games. 

Oh it was bad. All game they kept bringing up how great Arenado is like he was an MVP and when Molina hit the go ahead HR I thought Joe Buck was going to get up and dance around. In reality, Arenado hasn't even had as good of a season as Bryant has had. Both have 10 HR's but Bryant is batting .307, Arenado .291. Bryant is better and Bryant has won an MVP and a WS. Game is on ESPN tonight, I am ok with that.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh it was bad. All game they kept bringing up how great Arenado is like he was an MVP and when Molina hit the go ahead HR I thought Joe Buck was going to get up and dance around. In reality, Arenado hasn't even had as good of a season as Bryant has had. Both have 10 HR's but Bryant is batting .307, Arenado .291. Bryant is better and Bryant has won an MVP and a WS. Game is on ESPN tonight, I am ok with that.

Ya that is Buck always, he is such a terrible Announcer. Also, he really should have been fired years ago. He lied to his bosses about why he lost his voice, saying he got sick. What in reality happened is he got hair plugs, and had it mess up his voice. Also, I absolutely hate Molina, he is a punk, he acts like a punk, and he somehow will never be suspended or ejected. There's been many times over the years (even earlier this season) he does stuff that other person is ejected or suspended for but never does. 

Ehh ESPN announcer just doesn't do work it seems, just seems they miss a lot of the detail. I will likely watch through MLB.tv and use audio overlay to have Pat and Ron over them. (Once I get home from the Blues game)

11 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya that is Buck always, he is such a terrible Announcer. Also, he really should have been fired years ago. He lied to his bosses about why he lost his voice, saying he got sick. What in reality happened is he got hair plugs, and had it mess up his voice. Also, I absolutely hate Molina, he is a punk, he acts like a punk, and he somehow will never be suspended or ejected. There's been many times over the years (even earlier this season) he does stuff that other person is ejected or suspended for but never does. 

Ehh ESPN announcer just doesn't do work it seems, just seems they miss a lot of the detail. I will likely watch through MLB.tv and use audio overlay to have Pat and Ron over them. (Once I get home from the Blues game)

I love Molina.   Great catcher for decades.  Definite hall of famer.   

58 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And speaking of Buck, he was the Cards broadcaster, his dad was too (I blame STL for having Joe Buck in this world) He still was living in STL until recently as they just sold their house which was 11 min away from my apartment. He should never be allow to call Cards game, or MLB Games, Or NFL games

Why do you think that? Vikings fans hate Buck too. I don't have issues with most broadcasters. 

His father was a legend in St. Louis.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Why do you think that? Vikings fans hate Buck too. I don't have issues with most broadcasters. 

I am usually ok with Buck but last night he was annoying. Maybe because we were playing the Cards but it seemed like he was almost rooting for the Cards.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually respect Molina, I agree he is a Hall of Famer. I was just complaining about Buck lol.

Molina is the type of player you love if he plays for your team and you hate if he is not. He is not Mike Trout or David Wright who everyone loves. But Molina is a first ballot Hall of Famer for sure. 

As for Buck, he is a homer. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am usually ok with Buck but last night he was annoying. Maybe because we were playing the Cards but it seemed like he was almost rooting for the Cards.

He is a Cardinals fan.     It's probably hard to be partial.    

6 hours ago, Myles said:

I love Molina.   Great catcher for decades.  Definite hall of famer.   

I have always hated him. He is not held to the same stander as other players. He has had multiple times been a guy who should get ejected (Earlier this year with the Reds) or suspended (Same thing). He is a punk

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Joe Buck was a cardinals broadcaster first, and still has continue to be a homer. He only got his start due to his dad, he never earned it. He has been caught lying to his bosses as to why he lost his voice. The only time he is good, is the end of a WS, when he lets the sound take over, which you do have people that still just talk. Football, him and Aikman, they are big time with Cowboys, but just are not an A team, if they were the 4th team I wouldn't think much on it. Nantz and Romo are the best IMO, just the way Nantz is. 

ESPN guys also just don't sound very bright in Baseball. They sound like Booger (Captain Obvious)

This game has been gut wrenching all game. Either team has been able to score and finally Baez delivers with a 2 run HR in the 10th. I am not trying to moan about the UMPS but I will say one thing, they gave Wainwright a lot of calls. I have watched this whole game and ESPN shows a graph after each pitch and there were 6 out of the strike zone that the Ump called a strike. Also in the 7th Inning the Cubs got royally screwed when the Cards player was out not only once but twice on the same play and the 3rd base Ump called him safe, Cubs were out of challenges so could not challenge. Luckily the Cubs got out of that bases loaded jam. 

This game isn't over yet, Kimbrel has to close this out, up 2-0 to the bottom of the 10th.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This game has been gut wrenching all game. Either team has been able to score and finally Baez delivers with a 2 run HR in the 10th. I am not trying to moan about the UMPS but I will say one thing, they gave Wainwright a lot of calls. I have watched this whole game and ESPN shows a graph after each pitch and there were 6 out of the strike zone that the Ump called a strike. Also in the 7th Inning the Cubs got royally screwed when the Cards player was out not only once but twice on the same play and the 3rd base Ump called him safe, Cubs were out of challenges so could not challenge. Luckily the Cubs got out of that bases loaded jam. 

This game isn't over yet, Kimbrel has to close this out, up 2-0 to the bottom of the 10th.

Even the ESPN guys commented on the strike to Bryant earlier, saying it was 3 balls out of the zone! It is time for robotic zone, because this is getting ridiculous this year. Not just Cubs but in all games i have watched, umps are flat missing, not just slightly missing 

That felt like playoff baseball, watching a playoff game. The fans were even into it. How we got out of that bases loaded no outs jam in the 7th Inning was a miracle. We got Goldschmidt and Arenado out in that situation. It is only May but by far the biggest win of the season. NL Central standings look like this after tonight:

Black and Blue division

1. Cards 26-20

2. Cubs 24-22 (2 back)

3. Brewers 23-23 (3 back)

4. Reds 20-25 (5.5 back)

5. Pirates 18-28 (8 back)

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That felt like playoff baseball, watching a playoff game. The fans were even into it. How we got out of that bases loaded no outs jam in the 7th Inning was a miracle. We got Goldschmidt and Arenado out in that situation. It is only May but by far the biggest win of the season. NL Central standings look like this after tonight:

Black and Blue division

1. Cards 26-20

2. Cubs 24-22 (2 back)

3. Brewers 23-23 (3 back)

4. Reds 20-25 (5.5 back)

5. Pirates 18-28 (8 back)

Congrats to the Cubs.  I wasn't able to watch any of the games, but saw the highlights and box scores.

Cardinals start the long road trip now, so they need to at least split those game before returning home.  This division will be tight right down to the end of the season.

19 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Molina is the type of player you love if he plays for your team and you hate if he is not. He is not Mike Trout or David Wright who everyone loves. But Molina is a first ballot Hall of Famer for sure. 

As for Buck, he is a homer. 

Nailed it.

Archived