Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

That is one of those I have not, I am hoping in summer 2022 to go. Basically fly to my cousin in Newark, take train down to Baltimore and catch the game, then to DC and spend a few days get nationals and see other stuff in capitol. 

So far I have for MLB teams, NYM, NYY, CHI, CWS, BOS, TOR, PHI, CIN, STL, MIL, KC. I will be in SEA on the 28th of this month and in AZ on the 11th of next month for my 12th and 13th MLB parks

Thanks. You can write a book on ball parks. :)

Rubber game fir the Cardinals and Brewers today.  A 3 game lead in the division sure looks better than a 1 game lead.  Good pitching matchup too.   Flaherty (2.83 ERA) vs Burnes (1.53 ERA).

On 5/12/2021 at 1:35 PM, NFLfan said:

Thank you. I did not see it when it happened but this morning, I saw something about the Mets winning 3-2. I have to check out what happened.

Means looks like a keeper. 

I have never visited Camden Yards. I hear that it is still among the best baseball parks. I wish to visit one day. Have you been there?

@PuntersArePeopleToo I know you have been to many. I believe that you wrote that you have been there. Am I remembering correctly?

Yes…I’ve been there several times. It’s a really nice ballpark. Tucked into downtown Baltimore down by the Harbor. The water and B&O Warehouse form an iconic backdrop behind the outfield wall.  If you ever go you should check out Boog’s Barbecue. Named after famous Orioles 1st baseman Boog Powell. 

Os fans are pretty welcoming. We get lots of Yankees and Red Sox fans in whenever they come into town. During the down years when attendance is low… they sometimes take over the stadium which is annoying.  

25 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Yes…I’ve been there several times. It’s a really nice ballpark. Tucked into downtown Baltimore down by the Harbor. The water and B&O Warehouse form an iconic backdrop behind the outfield wall.  If you ever go you should check out Boog’s Barbecue. Named after famous Orioles 1st baseman Boog Powell. 

Os fans are pretty welcoming. We get lots of Yankees and Red Sox fans in whenever they come into town. During the down years when attendance is low… they sometimes take over the stadium which is annoying.  

Thanks for that. I'll visit one time. 

I did attend a football game in Maryland where the Washington team plays. It was in 2016, Vikes were playing against Washington. There seemed to be a sea of purple there. Lol. The folks there were very nice.

Cards start a 3 game set in San Diego.   The Padres have a league leading 2.82 team ERA.   That is impressive.   I think the Cardinals will win the middle game and lose today and Sunday.    I hope I can catch a couple of these games.   San Diego is probably my second favorite team right now.  Mainly because Fernando Tatis Jr. play on the Tin Caps in Fort Wayne for a couple years.  

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Cards start a 3 game set in San Diego.   The Padres have a league leading 2.82 team ERA.   That is impressive.   I think the Cardinals will win the middle game and lose today and Sunday.    I hope I can catch a couple of these games.   San Diego is probably my second favorite team right now.  Mainly because Fernando Tatis Jr. play on the Tin Caps in Fort Wayne for a couple years.  

I mean Hosmer and Tatis are on covid list currently, Myers too

Heading into the weekend as of May 14th, 2021 the Black and Blue Division standings look like this:

1. Cards 23-16

2. Brewers 20-19 (3 back)

3. Cubs 18-19 (4 back)

4. Reds 17-19 (4.5 back)

5. Pirates 16-22 (6.5 back)

-Bunched up as usual! Jake Arrieta improved to 4-3 on the season in the Cubs win tonight. Arrieta's W/L record in a Cubs uniform is now an amazing 72-34. Noting he is 2-0 in WS starts which occurred against the Indians in 2016. The Cubs gained a full game on the Cards, Brewers, and Reds tonight as they all lost.

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Did anyone see that video showing a Padres fan punching another fan in the stands? 

What did you all think? 

Completely uncalled for, he’s lucky the guy didn’t hit his head and die. Happens a lot. Yes It would have been different if the guy he hit was in a fighting stance or swinging, but to sucker punch the guy, especially over a baseball game I presume, is asinine.

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I did not, now I want to go see. When was it?

https://apple.news/AOcSC6A6QQmO9e_4pZ2kUTA

4 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Completely uncalled for, he’s lucky the guy didn’t hit his head and die. Happens a lot. Yes It would have been different if the guy he hit was in a fighting stance or swinging, but to sucker punch the guy, especially over a baseball game I presume, is asinine.

Pretty crazy and the guy that got hit doesn't want to press charges it said so no arrest was made. It doesn't work like that though in Law. It is up to a Prosecutor whether or not charges will be filed for Assault and Battery, I am sure they will after looking at the video.  

5 hours ago, HOZER said:

My thought exactly. I cannot understand why so many of my fellow Vikings fans were defending the Padres fan. The Rockies fan who was punched chose not to press charges. I feel that the Padres fan should have been arrested. That was awful. 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pretty crazy and the guy that got hit doesn't want to press charges it said so no arrest was made. It doesn't work like that though in Law. It is up to a Prosecutor whether or not charges will be filed for Assault and Battery, I am sure they will after looking at the video.  

Many have said it is up to the victim whether the prosecutor will press charges. I don't get that. 

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Many have said it is up to the victim whether the prosecutor will press charges. I don't get that. 

It's not, at least here in Indiana it's not. Ex Pacers player Jamaal Tinsley punched a bar owner at 8 Seconds Saloon back in 2007 knocking him to the ground and damaging his face. Marion County here in Indianapolis were the one's that press charges after reviewing the evidence and a Grand Jury indicted Tinsley for Intimidation and Battery. After he punched the bar owner the night of the incident he was able to leave that night without being arrested, then 2 weeks later he was indicted. 

45 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

See my post above, I honestly think it should be up to the person whether or not they want to file charges - I agree with you. If the person you injure doesn't want to press charges then I don't get why a Grand Jury has to get involved. It is a waste of time IMO at that point and even an annoyance to the person that doesn't want to press charges. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

See my post above, I honestly think it should be up to the person whether or not they want to file charges - I agree with you. 

Lol. You actually agree with the other Vikings fans. I'm the one who believed they should press charges. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If the person you injure doesn't want to press charges then I don't get why a Grand Jury has to get involved. It is a waste of time IMO at that point and even an annoyance to the person that doesn't want to press charges. 

You have a point. If someone robs me, if I don't want to press charges, then I should not be forced to cooperate in the prosecution. That I get. However, with this guy, I don't know. He punched that Rockies fan so hard and could have killed him. How do you deter someone like this from doing it again? I guess the Rockies can ban him from the stadium; however, somebody else can buy him a ticket and let him in.

26 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. You actually agree with the other Vikings fans. I'm the one who believed they should press charges. 

You have a point. If someone robs me, if I don't want to press charges, then I should not be forced to cooperate in the prosecution. That I get. However, with this guy, I don't know. He punched that Rockies fan so hard and could have killed him. How do you deter someone like this from doing it again? I guess the Rockies can ban him from the stadium; however, somebody else can buy him a ticket and let him in.

I think the Fan will get indicted after looking at the video. Regarding our discussion, it depends on the situation to how I really think about this. If for some reason lets say a son and his father get into a fight. The father hits the son and a witness calls the police and the police have to do a report but the son doesn't want to press charges, IMO it should be over and done with if it was a one time thing. Who wants to press charges against their father?? A Grand Jury could though then it creates all kinds of family problems. I am surprised the Rockies fan that got punched doesn't want to pursue though, it was a stranger that hit him. 

Cubs win 5-1. Take 2 of 3 from the Tigers. Hendricks was awesome today. 19-20 now on the season, back in 3rd place and only 3.5 games back of 1st place St. Louis in the NL Central. Luckily there are no teams running away with the division early. Cards are just 23-17 and Brewers 20-20 just a half game ahead of us. We start a 4 game set vs Washington tomorrow, hopefully we can get back to .500 once Monday's game is concluded.

Fly the Flag @HOZER

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 5-1. Take 2 of 3 from the Tigers. Hendricks was awesome today. 19-20 now on the season, back in 3rd place and only 3.5 games back of 1st place St. Louis in the NL Central. Luckily there are no teams running away with the division early. Cards are just 23-17 and Brewers 20-20 just a half game ahead of us. We start a 4 game set vs Washington tomorrow, hopefully we can get back to .500 once Monday's game is concluded.

Fly the Flag @HOZER

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

My thought exactly. I cannot understand why so many of my fellow Vikings fans were defending the Padres fan. The Rockies fan who was punched chose not to press charges. I feel that the Padres fan should have been arrested. That was awful. 

I’ve had some heated “discussions” with opposing fans but I paid WAY too much money to be there and the last thing I want is to get kicked out and banned from the stadium for fighting, worked too hard for my money! Now if they want to settle it after the game...

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I’ve had some heated “discussions” with opposing fans but I paid WAY too much money to be there and the last thing I want is to get kicked out and banned from the stadium for fighting, worked too hard for my money! Now if they want to settle it after the game...

giphy.gif

That is the Cash Me lady lmao . I remember her on Dr Phil haha . Luckily you have never been suckered punched, that would suck because at that point I would be saying CASH ME HERE inside the stadium Jean Claude Van Damme Reaction GIF

The weekend games have concluded, as of May 16th here are the NL Central standings:

1. Cards 23-18

2. Brewers 21-20 (2 back)

3. Reds 19-19 (2.5 back)

4. Cubs 19-20 (3 back)

5. Pirates 17-23 (5.5 back)

Despite everything, the Cubs are only 3 games out of 1st place. Cards just got swept by the Padres. 

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The weekend games have concluded, as of May 16th here are the NL Central standings:

1. Cards 23-18

2. Brewers 21-20 (2 back)

3. Reds 19-19 (2.5 back)

4. Cubs 19-20 (3 back)

5. Pirates 17-23 (5.5 back)

Despite everything, the Cubs are only 3 games out of 1st place. Cards just got swept by the Padres. 

No Tatis and no Hosmer and the Padres still sweep the Cardinals.  Was hoping to win one of the three games.

MEANWHILE, the Dodgers sign Albert Pujols...THE LAST TEAM I WANTED HIM TO GO TO!!!   For me, it's a sad way for him to end his career, playing for a team I despise.  What will he do there?  No DH, so I guess pinch hit and spot starts at first base?  I suppose it was easy for him, so he could stay in LA and not have to move.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:23 PM, Myles said:

I was wrong.   The Cardinals got swept by the Padres.   Only lost 1 game in the division though, which is good.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is the Cash Me lady lmao . I remember her on Dr Phil haha . Luckily you have never been suckered punched, that would suck because at that point I would be saying CASH ME HERE inside the stadium Jean Claude Van Damme Reaction GIF

Oh I have, it was a bad decision by the sucker puncher, lol.

tenor.gif

182ad20a9f74dd730f325452e1645044.gif

The Reds have a trend of inconsistency going under David Bell. It seems like the team as a whole is going hot and cold at different times. So when the pitching is hot, the bats are cool and vice versa. Expect to see us fall behind by quick a bit after 4 games with the Giants. 

47 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The Reds have a trend of inconsistency going under David Bell. It seems like the team as a whole is going hot and cold at different times. So when the pitching is hot, the bats are cool and vice versa. Expect to see us fall behind by quick a bit after 4 games with the Giants. 

Sounds like the Cubs this year Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

20 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I wonder what @PuntersArePeopleToo thinks. 

Not really, much, I think the dude swung like a little ____. Willie Mays Hayes has a better swinghaha. But I think people that do that crap are incredibly stupid and have SDE, I over here never been in a fight, but that is because I am bigger than a lot of people, and have enough swing to break a jaw easily if I ever needed to. 

I think the dude should be banned from all Major League parks

Archived