Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What a series, man am I drained just from watching this. I just watched 2 good teams give it there all! Cubs win 2-1 and win series 2-1, Fly the Flag @HOZERChicago Bulls Sport GIF by NBA

I have been traveling for work and have not had much access to tv/phone. Followed along a little, happy to see the Cubbies got the series!!!!

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Ya that is Buck always, he is such a terrible Announcer. Also, he really should have been fired years ago. He lied to his bosses about why he lost his voice, saying he got sick. What in reality happened is he got hair plugs, and had it mess up his voice. Also, I absolutely hate Molina, he is a punk, he acts like a punk, and he somehow will never be suspended or ejected. There's been many times over the years (even earlier this season) he does stuff that other person is ejected or suspended for but never does. 

Ehh ESPN announcer just doesn't do work it seems, just seems they miss a lot of the detail. I will likely watch through MLB.tv and use audio overlay to have Pat and Ron over them. (Once I get home from the Blues game)

Amen.

Cards lost tonight to the White Sox but the Brewers beat the Padres. Brewers have the Padres number this season for some reason. Brewers have won 3 in row and have Yelich back, so look out for them.

Current NL Central Standings heading into Tuesday May 25th:

1. Cards 26-21

2. Cubs 24-22 (1.5 back)

3. Brewers 24-23 (2 back)

4. Reds 20-25 (5 back)

5. Pirates 18-28 (7.5 back)

-Cubs are only 1.5 back and have a 3 game set with the Pirates coming up at Pittsburgh. Jake is pitching in tomorrow's game.

48 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Cubs win 4-3 over Pirates. Joc with 2 HRs

Nico strained hamstring. Likely to IL

Cubs also put Duffy on IL. They are getting hammered with injuries to *. players

Yeah the injuries stink. The one that could hurt us is the Nico injury, he has been playing outstanding lately. Joc came up big tonight and what else can I say about Jake that I haven't already said lol. He did struggle early but only gave up 3 runs. Another win for him in a Cubs uniform. The Cards are getting blown out tonight, if that holds up than the Cubs will be just a half game out of 1st place in the NL Central at 25-22. Cards would fall to 26-22. @HOZER, Fly the Flag, Cubs win again 4-3 over the Pirates.  

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the injuries stink. The one that could hurt us is the Nico injury, he has been playing outstanding lately. Joc came up big tonight and what else can I say about Jake that I haven't already said lol. He did struggle early but only gave up 3 runs. Another win for him in a Cubs uniform. The Cards are getting blown out tonight, if that holds up than the Cubs will be just a half game out of 1st place in the NL Central at 25-22. Cards would fall to 26-22. @HOZER, Fly the Flag, Cubs win again 4-3 over the Pirates.  

I missed most of the game. Since I stream the game, and my internet was out for like 5 hours. Hopefully not as bad as it looked. I am hoping we get some guys back, we are out of 40 Man spots with all these injuries.

In other news, close to home for some of you guys. South Bend and Fort Wayne got in to an all out brawl tonight in their game. Including a Fort Wayne guy throwing a baseball. https://twitter.com/CubsCentral08/status/1397376137634983936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1397376137634983936%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bleachernation.com%2Fcubs%2F2021%2F05%2F25%2Fthe-south-bend-cubs-just-got-into-a-full-on-benches-clearing-brawl-just-total-chaos%2F

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I missed most of the game. Since I stream the game, and my internet was out for like 5 hours. Hopefully not as bad as it looked. I am hoping we get some guys back, we are out of 40 Man spots with all these injuries.

In other news, close to home for some of you guys. South Bend and Fort Wayne got in to an all out brawl tonight in their game. Including a Fort Wayne guy throwing a baseball. https://twitter.com/CubsCentral08/status/1397376137634983936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1397376137634983936%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bleachernation.com%2Fcubs%2F2021%2F05%2F25%2Fthe-south-bend-cubs-just-got-into-a-full-on-benches-clearing-brawl-just-total-chaos%2F

I didn't see the injury either to Nico, I watched bits and parts of the game due to sleeping because I had to work tonight. I heard the same thing you heard that it was his hamstring. That is all they are saying right now as I have even googled it. Brewers lost tonight so they fall to 24-24, Cards are down 8-3 in the 8th. 

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I didn't see the injury either to Nico, I watched bits and parts of the game due to sleeping because I had to work tonight. I heard the same thing you heard that it was his hamstring. That is all they are saying right now as I have even googled it. Brewers lost tonight so they fall to 24-24, Cards are down 8-3 in the 8th. 

Ya basically he bunted and when he went over first he went down and grabbed his leg, slammed his helmet. He was in obvious pain

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

hope it’s nothing serious for Nico, man he was really turning it on this season too. Glad to see Joc getting in a groove as well!

Cardinals finally win a game against the White Sox.    They did not play well.

They struck out 14 times.

Had 2 errors.

Let the Sox load the bases in the first and third innings.  

But a win is a win.   

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Cardinals finally win a game against the White Sox.    They did not play well.

They struck out 14 times.

Had 2 errors.

Let the Sox load the bases in the first and third innings.  

But a win is a win.   

Did you see the thing with the Pitchers hat? It was just tar and dirt I feel like right? 

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Did you see the thing with the Pitchers hat? It was just tar and dirt I feel like right? 

I don't really know much about the pitcher.   It wouldn't surprise me if it was an illegal substance.  There is so much money on the line, players will try to get every advantage they can.   I don't support it and hope if he was attempting to cheat, he gets the punishment he deserves.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs and Cards both won tonight. Cubs take down the Pirates again to stay within a half game of the Cards for 1st place in the NL Central. 

1. Cards 27-22

2. Cubs 26-22

@HOZER, fly the flag, Cubs win baby!

12 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't really know much about the pitcher.   It wouldn't surprise me if it was an illegal substance.  There is so much money on the line, players will try to get every advantage they can.   I don't support it and hope if he was attempting to cheat, he gets the punishment he deserves.

Too me it depends what it was, basically all pitchers use something. And based on the rule it is all illegal, but league doesn't crackdown still. If it was dirt and some tar type thing, it is more to use to control your pitches, which even the hitters are like, okay ya please do, but whatever the astros were using is not. 

Ik Kimbrel has a spot on his hat, but I think it is dirt and roisin bag or something. Basically stuff like that to control

@2006Coltsbestever KB has now started at 1st Base 3 times since he last played third base. Has had lots of OF starts. He is basically a super Utility Player these days can hit at top. Rizzo is sitting with Back issue, and we don't have any guy to bring up without screwing up our roster (40 man) even more since all the injuries to *. Players. The only *. Players on the 40 are Miguel Amaya at Double A and Chris Morel (either High A or Double A)

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

@2006Coltsbestever KB has now started at 1st Base 3 times since he last played third base. Has had lots of OF starts. He is basically a super Utility Player these days can hit at top. Rizzo is sitting with Back issue, and we don't have any guy to bring up without screwing up our roster (40 man) even more since all the injuries to *. Players. The only *. Players on the 40 are Miguel Amaya at Double A and Chris Morel (either High A or Double A)

Cubs are up 3-0 in the 3rd Inning over the Pirates. Bryant has already Homered today, he is on a tear! If the Cubs win today they will be tied for 1st place in the NL Central at 27-22 with the Cards who are also 27-22. The Cards have a late game at Arizona tonight (940pm start).

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are up 3-0 in the 3rd Inning over the Pirates. Bryant has already Homered today, he is on a tear! If the Cubs win today they will be tied for 1st place in the NL Central at 27-22 with the Cards who are also 27-22. The Cards have a late game at Arizona tonight (940pm start).

And now 4-0 Cubs, in the 4th after Patrick Wisdom HR

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And now 4-0 Cubs, in the 4th after Patrick Wisdom HR

After a rough start to the season who would've thought we would be tied for 1st in the NL Central as May is winding down. May has been a great month assuming we don't blow this lead, I doubt we do up 4-0.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

After a rough start to the season who would've thought we would be tied for 1st in the NL Central as May is winding down. May has been a great month assuming we don't blow this lead, I doubt we do up 4-0.

I am kinda hoping for a Maddux today

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am kinda hoping for a Maddux today

Wel never mind on that now

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He pitched a good quick Inning there. I would keep him in at least for 1 more Inning. Our Bullpen lately has been money. I agree, solo shots are ok, not much damage done.

While that is true, we also got games the next 15 days. So if he can go deeper it will be good. Use little bullpen today

7 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

While that is true, we also got games the next 15 days. So if he can go deeper it will be good. Use little bullpen today

Just 9 more outs to get. Ross will probably keep him in through the 7th as long as he doesn't start to have a bad Inning. He has a 2 run lead as well.

Cubs win 5-3! Sweep the Pirates to move into a tie for 1st place in the NL Central with the Cards. Both teams sit at 27-22. @HOZER, Fly the Flag. It is like through 49 games we are starting from scratch at 0-0 regarding 1st place lmao . The ball is in the Cards hands now as they play later tonight at Arizona. Winning that game Sunday at St. Louis was huge to capture the series and give us momentum. We haven't lost since then. 4 straight wins now. 

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win 5-3! Sweep the Pirates to move into a tie for 1st place in the NL Central with the Cards. Both teams sit at 27-22. @HOZER, Fly the Flag. It is like through 49 games we are starting from scratch at 0-0 regarding 1st place lmao . The ball is in the Cards hands now as they play later tonight at Arizona. Winning that game Sunday at St. Louis was huge to capture the series and give us momentum. We haven't lost since then. 4 straight wins now. 

It is weird to think, at this point in last season, we were 11 games away from the season ending. That really puts into perspective how short it was

took extra innings to beat the Diamondback last night.  

I was trying to look for an advantage the Cardinals have over the Cubs.    All I could come up with is that after this weekend, the Cardinals will have played 3 more games on the road vs at home and the Cubs will have played 4 more games at home vs on the road.  

I'm getting desperate.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

took extra innings to beat the Diamondback last night.  

I was trying to look for an advantage the Cardinals have over the Cubs.    All I could come up with is that after this weekend, the Cardinals will have played 3 more games on the road vs at home and the Cubs will have played 4 more games at home vs on the road.  

I'm getting desperate.

I try not to let early games get to me, meaning games in April and May but I still do. I am a 50 yr's old acting like a 20 yr old when it comes to that still haha . I am better about taking losses though, when I was younger and the Colts lost in the Peyton era it ruined my whole week because it rarely happened. After the Cubs finally won it all in 2016, I promised myself I wouldn't let baseball games stress me out anymore but I still do. I guess it is in my blood. Both the Cards and Cubs are pretty even teams, every time they play now I am assuming that it can go either way. The only advantage I see the Cubs having is, their Bullpen is a tad better. On paper the Cards have the better lineup but because Bryant is playing at an MVP level it is almost even. I have a feeling these 2 teams will be battling all season closely for the division lead along with the Brewers.

Archived