Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the All Star Game taking place this year? Jacob deGrom should be the starter. He has pitched 64 innings and given up only 4 earned runs this year. He is only 6-2 because the Mets don't seem to hit when he pitches. He may have gotten a no decision today had he not driven in two runs. Mets beat the Padres 3-2.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Well that went as expected.   Oviedo pitches 4 innings and gives up 4 runs.   A team without pitching is doomed.  

You called it but when it was 5-1 I was like Uh Oh! The main reason why the Cubs have been good so far this year is really their lights out bull pen. Pitching is huge I agree.

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is the All Star Game taking place this year? Jacob deGrom should be the starter. He has pitched 64 innings and given up only 4 earned runs this year. He is only 6-2 because the Mets don't seem to hit when he pitches. He may have gotten a no decision today had he not driven in two runs. Mets beat the Padres 3-2.

He left the game with some sort of injury today, not sure what? I do agree that he is the best pitcher in baseball.

edit: he was marked out of the lineup due to elbow inflammation.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You called it but when it was 5-1 I was like Uh Oh! The main reason why the Cubs have been good so far this year is really their lights out bull pen. Pitching is huge I agree.

He did pitch the best 3 innings of his career.   I was ready to eat crow on here.   Then there was another inning.   They are just throwing stuff against the wall to see if something sticks.   Not looking good.   

48 minutes ago, Myles said:

He did pitch the best 3 innings of his career.   I was ready to eat crow on here.   Then there was another inning.   They are just throwing stuff against the wall to see if something sticks.   Not looking good.   

Sometimes managers keep pitchers in too long. Even if they look great after lets say for 5 innings, doesn't mean in the 6th they won't tank. Ross has been spot on most of the year on knowing when to pull a pitcher. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He left the game with some sort of injury today, not sure what? I do agree that he is the best pitcher in baseball.

edit: he was marked out of the lineup due to elbow inflammation.

They say he left the game in the sixth with flexor tendinitis. Hopefully he will be ok. We can't afford to be without him.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

They say he left the game in the sixth with flexor tendinitis. Hopefully he will be ok. We can't afford to be without him.

Ok I was right initially then lol. ESPN said he was a scratch for some reason, I thought he pitched some tonight. Mets won by the way.

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The All Star will be in Colorado this year in about a month. It got moved from Atlanta. 

While yes he should start, I think there's a better chance he doesn't. Mostly I think he may not pitch at all in it, just due to the injuries and him/Mets not wanting to risk in a meaningless game (also he has more RBI 5, than runs allowed 4)

Also was at Angels and D-Backs game. Angels won 6-5 in 10. Will comment on stadium later this week once I'm home

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sometimes managers keep pitchers in too long. Even if they look great after lets say for 5 innings, doesn't mean in the 6th they won't tank. Ross has been spot on most of the year on knowing when to pull a pitcher. 

They will almost always leave them in for more than 3 innings though.   Hopefully Gant can get a win today.   He's been good this year despite his 4 inning, 7 earned run last outing against the Reds.  

Cubs win again over the Cards, now up 2-0 in the series set. Much needed wins because the Brewers are feasting on the weak part of their schedule right now. Sooner or later the schedule will even out though. As of now the Cubs are tied for 1st place in the NL Central at 37-27 with the Brewers who are also 37-27. The Cubs have had a brutal schedule for a while and have lost no ground which is a great telling sign. Cards are now 5 games back at 32-32. @HOZERFly the Flag.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win again over the Cards, now up 2-0 in the series set. Much needed wins because the Brewers are feasting on the weak part of their schedule right now. Sooner or later the schedule will even out though. As of now the Cubs are tied for 1st place in the NL Central at 37-27 with the Brewers who are also 37-27. The Cubs have had a brutal schedule for a while and have lost no ground which is a great telling sign. Cards are now 5 games back at 32-32. @HOZERFly the Flag.

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

It is still early in the season so anything can still happen but the season is sort of flying by, we are basically half way through June already. I like where the Cubs are sitting right now, no June swoon here so far. Cubs just completed a sweep of their rival the St. Louis Cards to improve to 38-27 and tied for 1st in the NL Central with the 38-27 Brewers. Our Bullpen is the best in Baseball right now and that is a huge part of having a good to great team. All is good for now. @HOZER, fly the Flag.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is still early in the season so anything can still happen but the season is sort of flying by, we are basically half way through June already. I like where the Cubs are sitting right now, no June swoon here so far. Cubs just completed a sweep of their rival the St. Louis Cards to improve to 38-27 and tied for 1st in the NL Central with the 38-27 Brewers. Our Bullpen is the best in Baseball right now and that is a huge part of having a good to great team. All is good for now. @HOZER, fly the Flag.

And as announcers have said, at home we swept, Mets, Dodgers, Padres, and Cardinals. Need reds to be help this week against brewers 

And tomorrow starts a series with the Mets in NY. @NFLfan are you going to go to any of them? I saw the tickets were cheap. 

I am going to the Marlins Cards game on Tuesday, close to home, in the second section from home. Will be my 5th game there this season. 7th overall

And will give a recap of AZ tomorrow, since I got back 

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.png

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swept by the Cubs...wasted a rare well pitched game from Carlos Martinez...below .500 now and looking up to Reds, Brewers and Cubs.  If we keep this up, we'll be looking up at the Pirates before too long.

Thankfully, we have Miami coming to town and hopefully take 2 of 3.

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swept by the Cubs...wasted a rare well pitched game from Carlos Martinez...below .500 now and looking up to Reds, Brewers and Cubs.  If we keep this up, we'll be looking up at the Pirates before too long.

Thankfully, we have Miami coming to town and hopefully take 2 of 3.

The Cubs are clicking on all cylinders right now, I haven't seen this type of play since we won the WS in 2016. Bryant is playing like he did in 2016 and our Pitching has been like it was in 2016. The Bullpen even looks better this year than it did in 2016 and we had Chapman that season.

Chase Field in Arizona is interesting. I enjoyed that even with the roof open and windows it still didn't feel really hot. The Window set up is cool as they are panels that open inward which I had not seen at a stadium. I would say the concourse for not many fans was packed, and the lines in concession were long and slow. The videoboard was nice looking. The atmosphere was not there though. Not much sound and fans not really into game, even extra innings. I would say the stadium was 5.4/10 with most of the good being the look of stadium, but lot of knock for atmosphere and lines.

It was also cool seeing Ohtani up close. Got to see him pitch 5 innings and had 2 doubles. Also almost hurt himself as he fouled a ball of his shin.

I am planning to go to Denver in Sept, and will give an updated ranking of all 14 MLB stadium, and MILB stadiums (5) at the end of the season.

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not our night so far, Jake gave up 4 runs (not good but not bad either) but we haven't scored at all. Mets up 4-0 in the 6th. Bats are flat tonight. The Mets remind me of the Giants = a bunch of guys that look like Fireman with Fireman names :funny:. We beat everyone else but lose to Fireman haha 

I mean the way he was pitching, no control, it was looking bad. Something just left him after the 3rd (Was also issue in 1s).

And watch us do better against their top starters next 3 days

19 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And as announcers have said, at home we swept, Mets, Dodgers, Padres, and Cardinals. Need reds to be help this week against brewers 

And tomorrow starts a series with the Mets in NY. @NFLfan are you going to go to any of them? I saw the tickets were cheap. 

I am going to the Marlins Cards game on Tuesday, close to home, in the second section from home. Will be my 5th game there this season. 7th overall

And will give a recap of AZ tomorrow, since I got back 

I did not plan on doing so but if I go, it would have to be tomorrow. 

Thanks to the Reds, we are still tied for 1st place in the NL Central. We can't win them all as we drop 1 to the Mets tonight but finally got some help from the Reds tonight. Reds beat the Brewers 10-2. 

NL Central Standings heading into June 15th look like this:

1. Brewers 38-28

Cubs 38-38 (tied)

3. Reds 33-31 (4 back)

4. Cards 33-33 (5 back)

5. Pirates 23-42 (14.5 back)

@NFLfan, nice win tonight, your Mets beat up on Jake. @RollerColt, your Reds are only 4 out of 1st place. I figured they would hang around. @Myles and @Barry Sears the Cards won as well tonight and are back to .500.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks to the Reds, we are still tied for 1st place in the NL Central. We can't win them all as we drop 1 to the Mets tonight but finally got some help from the Reds tonight. Reds beat the Brewers 10-2. 

1. Brewers 38-28

Cubs 38-28 (tied)

3. Reds 33-31 (4 back)

4. Cards 33-33 (5 back)

@NFLfan, nice win tonight, your Mets beat up on Jake. @RollerColt, your Reds are only 4 out of 1st place. I figured they would hang around. @Myles and @Barry Sears the Cards won as well tonight and are back to .500.

15 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Chase Field in Arizona is interesting. I enjoyed that even with the roof open and windows it still didn't feel really hot. The Window set up is cool as they are panels that open inward which I had not seen at a stadium. I would say the concourse for not many fans was packed, and the lines in concession were long and slow. The videoboard was nice looking. The atmosphere was not there though. Not much sound and fans not really into game, even extra innings. I would say the stadium was 5.4/10 with most of the good being the look of stadium, but lot of knock for atmosphere and lines.

It was also cool seeing Ohtani up close. Got to see him pitch 5 innings and had 2 doubles. Also almost hurt himself as he fouled a ball of his shin.

I am planning to go to Denver in Sept, and will give an updated ranking of all 14 MLB stadium, and MILB stadiums (5) at the end of the season.

I've always wondered how that stadium ranked.  Thanks for the assessment.  I know and understand the need for an enclosed ballpark in place like Arizona, Florida and Texas.  The heat can be overwhelming for the players and fans, too.  But, I think it would be weird to see a baseball game played indoors when those places have the roof and windows closed.

On a side note, I am taking my son to Cincinnati this weekend to attend the FC Cincinnati MLS game in the new TQL Stadium.  This will be our first MLS game to attend and we are really excited.  Earlier, there were no single game tickets available for the entire season, but once they lifted the occupancy restrictions, I got lucky and was able to get a couple of tickets.  He and I are season ticket holders for Louisville City FC, who are in the USL.  Louisville opened its new soccer stadium last year, but COVD restricted crowds to 30% capacity.  We did decide to attend all the games here last year knowing we had to wear masks, but it was worth it.

This season, they opened at 50% capacity and just this past weekend was the first game with 100% capacity and it was really great to have a full house there for the game.

I know TQL Stadium will be packed this weekend and very loud!!

6 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

I've always wondered how that stadium ranked.  Thanks for the assessment.  I know and understand the need for an enclosed ballpark in place like Arizona, Florida and Texas.  The heat can be overwhelming for the players and fans, too.  But, I think it would be weird to see a baseball game played indoors when those places have the roof and windows closed.

On a side note, I am taking my son to Cincinnati this weekend to attend the FC Cincinnati MLS game in the new TQL Stadium.  This will be our first MLS game to attend and we are really excited.  Earlier, there were no single game tickets available for the entire season, but once they lifted the occupancy restrictions, I got lucky and was able to get a couple of tickets.  He and I are season ticket holders for Louisville City FC, who are in the USL.  Louisville opened its new soccer stadium last year, but COVD restricted crowds to 30% capacity.  We did decide to attend all the games here last year knowing we had to wear masks, but it was worth it.

This season, they opened at 50% capacity and just this past weekend was the first game with 100% capacity and it was really great to have a full house there for the game.

I know TQL Stadium will be packed this weekend and very loud!!

I honestly dont mind the roof, I had it closed in MIL and TOR. MIL is the worse park I have been to for the way seats are to the heat. But the main area of Chase Field was nice, but concourse to crowded. I honestly was surprise roof was open as it was 100. But luckily didnt feel hot inside there anyway.

Very nice, I had my first MLS game a couple weeks ago in Seattle, still limited there, which was actually nice, but still really loud. Soccer fans will always bring the sound, Ik in Seattle they had a section for all those fans jumping chanting all game. Felt like a HS football game

I am curious tonight at Cardinals game as it is open for 100% but last night wasn't even their top selling game of season (Cubs series was). I am close to the field like 20 rows or something from homeplate

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Brewers 38-28

Cubs 38-38 (tied)

3. Reds 33-31 (4 back)

4. Cards 33-33 (5 back)

They helped you guys out again tonight. Beat the Brewers 2-1 in extra innings after Castillo finally threw a decent game. 

This Mets series is reminding me of the Giants series, we can't get any timely hitting and the Mets pitching has been outstanding. Cubs lose 3-2. We face deGrom tomorrow lmao . Cubs may be lucky to win a game in this series, we got 1 against the Giants but barely. I don't think any team has went through a tougher stretch than the Cubs have schedule wise over the last 18 games = 3 vs the Reds, 3 vs the Padres, 4 at Giants, 3 at Padres, 3 vs the Cards, and now so far 2 at NYM. In those 18 games we are 11-7 which good. The Reds beat the Brewers tonight so no harm done with the loss. Cubs and Brewers are still tied for 1st place in the NL Central at 38-29.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This Mets series is reminding me of the Giants series, we can't get any timely hitting and the Mets pitching has been outstanding. Cubs lose 3-2. We face deGrom tomorrow lmao . Cubs may be lucky to win a game in this series, we got 1 against the Giants but barely. I don't think any team has went through a tougher stretch than the Cubs have schedule wise over the last 18 games = 3 vs the Reds, 3 vs the Padres, 4 at Giants, 3 at Padres, 3 vs the Cards, and now so far 2 at NYM. In those 18 games we are 11-7 which good. The Reds beat the Brewers tonight so no harm done with the loss. Cubs and Brewers are still tied for 1st place in the NL Central at 38-29.

We just are not good on the road in 4 games series, so far we a 2-10 in these type. At home we are 3-1

9 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

We just are not good on the road in 4 games series, so far we a 2-10 in these type. At home we are 3-1

I think it is more so the opponent, we don't matchup well vs the Giants or Mets for whatever reason. Both those teams remind me of each other is why I say this. Take a team like the Padres, talent wise the Padres are better than both those teams and we are 5-1 vs them this year. We are 2-1 at SD and the way we were playing them may of won 3 in a 4 game series.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think it is more so the opponent, we don't matchup well vs the Giants or Mets for whatever reason. Both those teams remind me of each other is why I say this. Take a team like the Padres, talent wise the Padres are better than both those teams and we are 5-1 vs them this year. We are 2-1 at SD and the way we were playing them may of won 3 in a 4 game series.

I am out on Giants, but Mets we did sweep them at home. Right now we are 3-2 vs Mets, it just seems to be something about these 4 games road series that is throwing us off and that is more my point, that it is either a coincidence or there is something more at play. 

Our Home record vs playoff teams is 9-0 (excluding Brewers for now as only one of us would make it). Our road record vs them is 3-6 so far. with 5 of the 6 losses being 4 game series. It may be nothing more than coincidence but still weird

15 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am out on Giants, but Mets we did sweep them at home. Right now we are 3-2 vs Mets, it just seems to be something about these 4 games road series that is throwing us off and that is more my point, that it is either a coincidence or there is something more at play. 

Our Home record vs playoff teams is 9-0 (excluding Brewers for now as only one of us would make it). Our road record vs them is 3-6 so far. with 5 of the 6 losses being 4 game series. It may be nothing more than coincidence but still weird

Our road play does have to get better, I was pleasantly surprised that we won 2 of 3 at St. Louis and they were healthy when we did that, then we won at SD 2 of 3. At home we normally play lights out which should happen. Most good teams take care of business at home especially with the crowd back.

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Our road play does have to get better, I was pleasantly surprised that we won 2 of 3 at St. Louis and they were healthy when we did that, then we won at SD 2 of 3. At home we normally play lights out which should happen. Most good teams take care of business at home especially with the crowd back.

Very true, basically so far this year, we have had on the road an 0-2 series, 2 1-3 series, 3 1-2 series and 3 2-1 series. Basically we just need to improve when it comes to non-three game series on the road. Or get more 4 game ones at home. We also have a 4 game series vs the dodgers coming up at the end of the month

Archived