Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

Molina left yesterdays game with a knee injury.   Hopefully he doesn't miss too much time.   

The Cards are running out of players to use.     4 losses in a row is bad.   Hopefully they can stay afloat for a month.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Myles said:

Molina left yesterdays game with a knee injury.   Hopefully he doesn't miss too much time.   

The Cards are running out of players to use.     4 losses in a row is bad.   Hopefully they can stay afloat for a month.  

Yeah right when I was ready to say the Cubs may be an elite team the Giants have put us in our place. The Giants IMO so far have been the best team in baseball as of today. I hope it is just the Giants and the Cubs can get back on track after this series. Although we play 3 at SD starting Monday. We just swept them so they will want revenge and they are a good team as well. Very tough 10 day stretch the Cubs have been facing, 3 vs SD (we went 3-0), 4 at SF (so far 0-3), then 3 at SD. Brutal. As of now the Cubs are still in a good position tied with the Brewers for 1st in the NL Central at 32-26 and 1.5 ahead of the Cards. I am ok with it but it would be nice to show we can beat the Giants at least once.

5 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Going to be another long game for the Cubs, None of the starters this series have it, and offense has had some stinkers. Not great to even when a game

Hendricks looks shaky early, down 3-1. Wisdom with another HR, he has been impressive. Yeah this has been one of those series where we haven't had it at all.

Very nice way to stop the bleeding. Cubs win 4-3 over the Giants, a much needed win. Wisdom hit 2 HR's today and MVP robbed the Giants of a game tying HR in the 9th playing LF to secure the win. Kimbrel closed it down. Cards lost again and got swept by the Reds 4 straight games at St. Louis = OUCH! Brewers took huge advantage beating up on the D-Backs in Milwaukee winning 4 straight. With the Cubs win over the Giants today despite the Brewers having a walk in the park against the D-Backs, Cubs remain tied for 1st place in the NL Central. I will take it for now.

NL Central standings through June 6th are:

1. Brewers 33-26

Cubs 33-26 (tied for 1st)

3. Cards 31-29 (2.5 back)

4. Reds 28-29 (4 back)

5. Pirates 23-35 (9.5 back)

@HOZER, Fly the flag, Cubs with a nice win.

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Very nice way to stop the bleeding. Cubs win 4-3 over the Giants, a much needed win. Wisdom hit 2 HR's today and MVP robbed the Giants of a game tying HR in the 9th playing LF to secure the win. Kimbrel closed it down. Cards lost again and got swept by the Reds 4 straight games at St. Louis = OUCH! Brewers took huge advantage beating up on the D-Backs in Milwaukee winning 4 straight. With the Cubs win over the Giants today despite the Brewers having a walk in the park against the D-Backs, Cubs remain tied for 1st place in the NL Central. I will take it for now.

NL Central standings through June 6th are:

1. Brewers 33-26

Cubs 33-26 (tied for 1st)

3. Cards 31-29 (2.5 back)

4. Reds 28-29 (4 back)

5. Pirates 23-35 (9.5 back)

@HOZER, Fly the flag, Cubs with a nice win.

They said in broadcast that Bryant hasn't played 3rd since April 20

I talk about the NL a lot but I want to give my overall Power Rankings in baseball through June 6th. 

Top 10 - really by eye test but the W/L record of these teams is factored in too

1. SF Giants - tied with the Rays for the best record in baseball = 37-22. They are a +70.

2. Tampa Bay Rays - tied with the Giants for the best record in baseball. They are a +75 but do have 1 more loss than the Giants at 38-23.

3. Chicago White Sox - they have a +85, best in the league

4. LA Dodgers - they have a +83, 2nd best in the league

5. SD Padres - they are a +70. The NL West has 3 legit WS contenders.

6. Boston Red Sox

7. Oakland A's

8. Chicago Cubs - I have us here, that is about right. We are a +30 while the Brewers are a -4. Both are 33-26 tied for 1st in the NL Central.

9. NY Mets

10. Milwaukee Brewers - they are a -4 but still a top 10 team as of now IMO.

Major Surprises this season so far - SF Giants, I didn't see them being near this good. I had a chance to watch them 4 games vs the Cubs and they look really good. Boston Red Sox and NY Mets are both better than I thought they would be as well.

Major Disappointments this season so far - NY Yankees at 31-29, 4th in the NL East 6.5 games back. I had the Yankees picked to be the best team in the AL before the season. The Braves as well, I thought the Braves would win the NL East pretty easily and be a top 5 team in the league, so far they are barely average at 28-29.

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I talk about the NL a lot but I want to give my overall Power Rankings in baseball through June 6th. 

Top 10 - really by eye test but the W/L record of these teams is factored in too

1. SF Giants - tied with the Rays for the best record in baseball = 37-22. They are a +70.

2. Tampa Bay Rays - tied with the Giants for the best record in baseball. They are a +75 but do have 1 more loss than the Giants at 38-23.

3. Chicago White Sox - they have a +85, best in the league

4. LA Dodgers - they have a +83, 2nd best in the league

5. SD Padres - they are a +70. The NL West has 3 legit WS contenders.

6. Boston Red Sox

7. Oakland A's

8. Chicago Cubs - I have us here, that is about right. We are a +30 while the Brewers are a -4. Both are 33-26 tied for 1st in the NL Central.

9. NY Mets

10. Milwaukee Brewers - they are a -4 but still a top 10 team as of now IMO.

Major Surprises this season so far - SF Giants, I didn't see them being near this good. I had a chance to watch them 4 games vs the Cubs and they look really good. Boston Red Sox and NY Mets are both better than I thought they would be as well.

Major Disappointments this season so far - NY Yankees at 31-29, 4th in the AL East 6.5 games back. I had the Yankees picked to be the best team in the AL before the season. The Braves as well, I thought the Braves would win the NL East pretty easily and be a top 5 team in the league, so far they are barely average at 28-29.

Typo earlier, Yankees = AL East, I said NL East by mistake but corrected it. See above post. I wish we had longer to edit posts. 30 minutes is not long enough. It should be an hour.

Embarrassing series for the Cardinals...swept by the Reds and we added more to our IL list.  Pitching staff is in shambles now.  Imagine if Wainwright hadn't re-signed?  Right now we have Waino and a bunch of nobodys.  Gant gets roughed up, Kim to the IL to join Hudson, Mikolas, Hicks and Flaherty.  Also have injuries on the offensive side of the ball.

I know it's a long season, but this one could be over for the Cardinals pretty quickly.

Meanwhile, the Rays keep winning with a no-name roster and more talent on the way from their excellent minor league system.

They don't buy talent, they develop talent.  Then when the talent will get too expensive to keep, they just replace it with more young talent.  Too bad most folks don't know much about the Rays.  And, it doesn't help that they don't get on national TV much and the ballpark is crap.  Plus, they don't draw big crowds to games, which is sad, because they play excellent baseball and are so much fun to watch.  They don't sit and wait for the 3 run homers like most teams now.  They generate runs, play good defense and really have a team approach to everything.  No big name stars, platoon players and keep guys fresh.

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Embarrassing series for the Cardinals...swept by the Reds and we added more to our IL list.  Pitching staff is in shambles now.  Imagine if Wainwright hadn't re-signed?  Right now we have Waino and a bunch of nobodys.  Gant gets roughed up, Kim to the IL to join Hudson, Mikolas, Hicks and Flaherty.  Also have injuries on the offensive side of the ball.

I know it's a long season, but this one could be over for the Cardinals pretty quickly.

With 2 against the Indians and the 3 at the Cubs, this could be over this week.    

12 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Meanwhile, the Rays keep winning with a no-name roster and more talent on the way from their excellent minor league system.

They don't buy talent, they develop talent.  Then when the talent will get too expensive to keep, they just replace it with more young talent.  Too bad most folks don't know much about the Rays.  And, it doesn't help that they don't get on national TV much and the ballpark is crap.  Plus, they don't draw big crowds to games, which is sad, because they play excellent baseball and are so much fun to watch.  They don't sit and wait for the 3 run homers like most teams now.  They generate runs, play good defense and really have a team approach to everything.  No big name stars, platoon players and keep guys fresh.

For my positive, it should keep the ticket cost low and easy for me to grab especially full capacity next week. I realize just how much I like social distance seating

And it is sad on the Rays, since 2008 they have had good teams more often than not. One problem is they don't have that one star franchise players though. Once Longoria left they hadn't really had much going on

11 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Yep, those three at the Cubs will be big wins for us if we can get them.

The Rays are looking great, I had them 2nd in my power rankings and arguably they could even be #1. It is a long season and I think the Cards will eventually get it together, they usually do. That Cubs series is big, I hope to get 2 of 3 and everytime the Cubs/Cards play it seems like it can go either way.

The Rays are similar to the Indians over the years. Teams that have had multiple very good teams but have never won a WS. The Indians about gave me a heart attack in 2016 but that is a different story. This may finally be the Rays year, who knows? The Nationals broke through in 2019 after heart break after heart break.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Rays are similar to the Indians over the years. Teams that have had multiple very good teams but have never won a WS. The Indians about gave me a heart attack in 2016 but that is a different story. This may finally be the Rays year, who knows? The Nationals broke through in 2019 after heart break after heart break.

What I mean by the the Indians have never won a WS, I mean in the modern era of baseball = 1969 to now per Jayson Stark (ESPN). They have won two WS but they were in 1920 and 1948. Just wanted to clarify that statement. 

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Cubs up 5-0 in 6th. Brewers over Reds, Pirates beat themselves again, Indians over Cardinals. 

In great news I get to see Ohtani pitch on Friday against the D-Backs in AZ!

Yeah if we go on and win tonight, we remain just .5 back of the Brewers. Brewers have played 1 less game so they are 34-26, with a win here we would improve to 34-27. A win tonight and we can do no worse than .500 in these 10 brutal games playing SD (3), then at SF (4), then at SD (3). We would be 5-4 at that point in the 9 played. Cards lost again as you said so they fall to 31-30, 3.5 back of the Brewers.

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah if we go on and win tonight, we remain just .5 back of the Brewers. Brewers have played 1 less game so they are 34-26, with a win here we would improve to 34-27. A win tonight and we can do no worse than .500 in these 10 brutal games playing SD (3), then at SF (4), then at SD (3). We would be 5-4 at that point in the 9 played. Cards lost again as you said so they fall to 31-30, 3.5 back of the Brewers.

Cubs do indeed win 7-1 over the Padres, fly the Flag @HOZER

59 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

40 year old Waino is actually not too bad Drunk Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

He might be the Cardinals best starter.    Turned out to be a good trade to pick him up from the Braves way back in 2003. 

44 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Cubs beat Padres, Arrieta went 5 with 1 allowed darvish allowed 2. Reds up 5-1 on Brewers early. 

Cubs finish regular season series vs the Padres 5-1. 

Great outing for Jake, he needed it after a poor showing in his previous start. He did get a no decision today but only gave up 1 run. Cubs are on the verge of being back in 1st place in the NL Central after tonight. With the win the Cubs improve to 35-27 and the Brewers are now down 7-1 at Cincy, with the loss the Brewers would fall to 34-27. @HOZERfly the Flag.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great outing for Jake, he needed it after a poor showing in his previous start. He did get a no decision today but only gave up 1 run. Cubs are on the verge of being back in 1st place in the NL Central after tonight. With the win the Cubs improve to 35-27 and the Brewers are now down 7-1 at Cincy, with the loss the Brewers would fall to 34-27. @HOZERfly the Flag.

Then off day tomorrow so hopefully Reds can help then too

Cubs should take 2/3 from the Cardinals this weekend.   

The Cards aren't throwing much out there as starting pitchers.  

Friday is Oviedo, who is awful and was awful in the minors.   He has walked 5+ batters in 2 of his last 3 starts.  I concede games that he starts.   Sunday is Martinez with his 6.21 ERA.   Gave up 15 runs in his las 4.2 innings pitched.  

Gant gives us a chance on Sat but he did give up 7 runs in 4 inning in his last outing (Reds).

59 minutes ago, Myles said:

Cubs should take 2/3 from the Cardinals this weekend.   

The Cards aren't throwing much out there as starting pitchers.  

Friday is Oviedo, who is awful and was awful in the minors.   He has walked 5+ batters in 2 of his last 3 starts.  I concede games that he starts.   Sunday is Martinez with his 6.21 ERA.   Gave up 15 runs in his las 4.2 innings pitched.  

Gant gives us a chance on Sat but he did give up 7 runs in 4 inning in his last outing (Reds).

Lots of sad information there for Cardinals fans.  Going to be a struggle for us until we get some pitchers healthy again.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sorry I’ve fallen behind, busy times:(

image.thumb.png.f568ac29a897b31b8659a121e44bd714.pngx3

Archived