Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Blue Jays sweep the Yankees and are making noise in the AL Wild Card race now...it ain't over 'til it's over!

Although it will never happen, I hope Adam Wainwright at least gets some votes for NL Cy Young, but no way he'll win it this year.  He's been incredible at the age of 40!  I imagine STL brings him back next year since they have Molina locked up with a deal, and I'm hearing if the NL adopts the DH next season, you may see the Cardinals bring Pujols back for a year.  He would be a valuable bat in the lineup, especially against left handed pitching.

Man, I will be so disappointed if the DH is installed in the NL.   It kind of ruins the game for me.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am happy by it. I have been seeing way to many pictures get injured the last few years trying to run the bases

I'm old school and love small ball and low scores.   I like the strategy involved in the NL.  

6 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

My favorite Cub of all-time and I have been a Cub fan since 1984. I loved Ryno, Dawson, Maddux, Jake, but MVP is my favorite. Thanks for the post @PuntersArePeopleToo

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Congrats to the Brewers

Brewers were extremely lucky with the easiest schedule of all-time through June. Who ever created the schedule should be investigated because you give a team 3 easy months of bad teams they will build a huge lead in the division. If the Cubs had that schedule they would've never been broken up is where I am going with it. People will tell me it evens out, not the point. Yes it evens out but once a team has a 8 or 9 game lead they can play loose at that point and still beat good teams because of that. Their schedule was like having 2 even sprinters but given 1 a 20 yard lead in a 100 yard dash. I am really disgruntled by it and the Cubs are broke up because of it. Cards didn't have a chance either because of that non sense.

Brewers had 28 games in a row where they played teams that were below .500, that should never happen. I can't wait for Kris Bryant and the Giants to pound them in the playoffs Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

30 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

If the season ended right now, the Cardinals would be in as a WC in the NL...it ain't over until it's over!

I know unreal. The Padres collapsing is amazing. As of now the Cards are 75-69, Reds 75-70, Padres 74-70. The Padres have lost 5 in a row. The Cards are a perfect example of why you don't give up on a season like the Cubs FO did. The Cubs and Cards both had the same record when the Cubs just waved the white flag, Cards didn't and they deserve props for that. Our team was just as talented as the Cards were. I am over being upset with what took place but it is very disappointing how your FO didn't have confidence in players like KB, Rizzo, Baez who are World Champions. Our FO IMO listened to the media and bought into it and I also think our FO thought the Wildcard was even out of reach. Guess what they look  Randy Orton Reaction GIF by WWE now. We had the upper hand on the Cards franchise for the last 6 seasons, 1st time in my 37 seasons as being a fan (2015-2020) and Hoyer pee'd it all way. Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

2 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

@2006Coltsbestever, I agree the Cubs went overboard with those trades and it cost them, obviously.  I'm not enamored with the Cardinals FO, as they have made some questionable decisions, but no FO is perfect.  Hope this works out for the Cubs eventually, as it's much more fun with both of these teams are doing well.

Cards did the right thing and it isn't even hindsight to say that because I even said both them and Cubs should've stayed pat. Hoyer panicked and was probably listening to people like Joe Buck season 3 laughing GIF- joking but the media in general who were many talking like Buck. IMO he was thinking there was no way we would make the playoffs. He quit on players that had championship players, KB was an MVP. You don't trade guys like that, you build around them. KB didn't want to leave Chicago either is what makes it comical. Theo leaving screwed our FO up. Theo would've never traded KB or Baez, I would bet my paycheck on that.

@2006Coltsbestever, I agree the Cubs went overboard with those trades and it cost them, obviously.  I'm not enamored with the Cardinals FO, as they have made some questionable decisions, but no FO is perfect.  Hope this works out for the Cubs eventually, as it's much more fun with both of these teams are doing well.

I will admit that I was wrong about the Cardinals chances of making the playoffs.   I still didn't like the moves the Cardinals made at the trade deadline.   No one could of seen the Padres losing 21 of their past 29 games.  They were 66-49 and now they are 74-70.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cards did the right thing and it isn't even hindsight to say that because I even said both them and Cubs should've stayed pat. Hoyer panicked and was probably listening to people like Joe Buck season 3 laughing GIF- joking but the media in general who were many talking like Buck. IMO he was thinking there was no way we would make the playoffs. He quit on players that had championship players, KB was an MVP. You don't trade guys like that, you build around them. KB didn't want to leave Chicago either is what makes it comical. Theo leaving screwed our FO up. Theo would've never traded KB or Baez, I would bet my paycheck on that.

The difference is our guys were expiring contracts, except Kimbrel who had an option. And the fact that our rotation is still costing us. We may have about 5ish more wins and would be in a terrible position after the season for the future. And Hoyer planned to buy up until we went on the 11 game losing streak, if not for that, and how bad we looked, Hoyer would have brought. And we did that with those guys. Staying pat we have done in the past (it made sense when the guys were under control for multiple year) but this year it would have been malpractice. Unless winning the division, anything else was not a good bet/move. And yes they won a WS, 5 years ago, this game you gotta look at what they done. Schwindel has performed as well as Riz since the deadline. SS Javy would have helped. KB of course would have but you gotta look at the big picture not the single view. And Theo would have likely made the trades of KB, maybe Javy. Theo is the same guy who traded Norma

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The difference is our guys were expiring contracts, except Kimbrel who had an option. And the fact that our rotation is still costing us. We may have about 5ish more wins and would be in a terrible position after the season for the future. And Hoyer planned to buy up until we went on the 11 game losing streak, if not for that, and how bad we looked, Hoyer would have brought. And we did that with those guys. Staying pat we have done in the past (it made sense when the guys were under control for multiple year) but this year it would have been malpractice. Unless winning the division, anything else was not a good bet/move. And yes they won a WS, 5 years ago, this game you gotta look at what they done. Schwindel has performed as well as Riz since the deadline. SS Javy would have helped. KB of course would have but you gotta look at the big picture not the single view. And Theo would have likely made the trades of KB, maybe Javy. Theo is the same guy who traded Norma

thank you obama GIF by The Standing O

Cardinals sweep the Mets and the Reds lose in a walk-off to the Pirates.

STL has a 1 game lead over San Diego, 1.5 over the Reds and 3 over the Phillies. 

Cardinals off today, then host the Padres this weekend, so a great chance to extend the lead over SD.

This is going to come down to the wire.  Lester with another good start and has pitched well of late.

Yankees, Jays and Red Sox are all tied for the WC in the AL.

Cardinals sweep the Mets and the Reds lose in a walk-off to the Pirates.

STL has a 1 game lead over San Diego, 1.5 over the Reds and 3 over the Phillies. 

Cardinals off today, then host the Padres this weekend, so a great chance to extend the lead over SD.

This is going to come down to the wire.  Lester with another good start and has pitched well of late.

Yankees, Jays and Red Sox are all tied for the WC in the AL.

Great races going on, I always watch the playoffs regardless.

16 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I don't care, trading KB was plain dumb and trading Baez was plain dumb. You re-sign guys like that and give them huge contracts, both aren't even 30, you build around them. Trading Rizzo and Kimbrel makes sense if you want to sort of rebuild, both are much older and you get your prospects there = a starting pitcher or 2, etc... What prospects are going to be better than KB or Baez - answer is nobody. No way was this right answer. When Reggie Wayne's contract was up, Irsay quickly signed him long term back in 2005. He just didn't say the guy is too expensive and his contract is up so we will trade him or let him walk because we have Manning.

I repeat, Theo would've never traded KB, he would've gave him a huge deal making him one the highest paid players in the league for at least for 5 years.

15 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It was agreeable 

wrong gordon ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't care, trading KB was plain dumb and trading Baez was plain dumb. You re-sign guys like that and give them huge contracts, both aren't even 30, you build around them. Trading Rizzo and Kimbrel makes sense if you want to sort of rebuild, both are much older and you get your prospects there = a starting pitcher or 2, etc... What prospects are going to be better than KB or Baez - answer is nobody. No way was this right answer. When Reggie Wayne's contract was up, Irsay quickly signed him long term back in 2005. He just didn't say the guy is too expensive and his contract is up so we will trade him or let him walk because we have Manning.

I repeat, Theo would've never traded KB, he would've gave him a huge deal making him one the highest paid players in the league for at least for 5 years.

Theo and Hoyer are both people who think about the team's future and not as a fan. It is like how many Armchair GMs are on this forum for the Colts. They have been open to trading him for 3 years, and never got the offer they wanted and had control. This year the calculation changed. And Javy could resign in off-season as I cant imagine the Mets (Sorry @NFLfan) and the craziness of that owner/GM/Media that he will want to resign with them. KB is still open, but yes lesser. And also, Javy got us a good prospect. KB got us some interesting guys. And KB will be 30 by next season. And you got to factor in his injury history. And not like they said he was too expensive, but his market value and not overpaying. It is a terrible move to let your core age out (Look at the Phillies and not having been over 500 in 10 years). You gotta keep one foot in the present and out in the future or youll be out of a job. 

And if Theo wanted to give KB a huge deal he would have before he resigned, he chose not to really engage in 3 years. So that Theo argument is very off

Also look at the Yu Darvish deal. The fact is at the time it looked like it was gonna be bad 4 guys 19 or under for a CY Young 2nd place finish the year before and a good catcher. Instead Darvish has had injury and performance issues this year, Caratini has been below average on hitting and Defense.  On the other hand Cassie has done well in ACL and MB and the other 3 have performed in a way where you can see a future for them.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I Agree , I couldnt believe what they off loaded and that definetly does'nt bode well for Wrigleyville  . I was like what are they thinking wow .:facepalm:

On 9/15/2021 at 9:56 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lol Joe Buck is not one to take advice from .

1 hour ago, Jay Kirk said:

I Agree , I couldnt believe what they off loaded and that definetly does'nt bode well for Wrigleyville  . I was like what are they thinking wow .:facepalm:

Me too, to @PuntersArePeopleToo, I like how Schwindal is playing and I think Wisdom is a good player but I still say we should've never traded KB or Baez. Jay agrees with me. At least we still have Contreras as well. I am not sure how good the Cubs will be in the future, it is a mystery. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Me too, to @PuntersArePeopleToo, I like how Schwindal is playing and I think Wisdom is a good player but I still say we should've never traded KB or Baez. Jay agrees with me. At least we still have Contreras as well. I am not sure how good the Cubs will be in the future, it is a mystery. 

I mean its a mystery every year (unless dodgers) and as you saw tonight, our top pitcher has imploded the last month. KB doesn't pitch, neither Javy. It was good to get some new prospects in the system, never know the next tatis.  And not like Javy or KB can't resign with the Cubs, if we offer them the most likely they'd sign back. This season was not a playoff season. The starting pitching wasn't there. And hopefully next year Davis is up at some point. He got 3 HR in 3 games

1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean its a mystery every year (unless dodgers) and as you saw tonight, our top pitcher has imploded the last month. KB doesn't pitch, neither Javy. It was good to get some new prospects in the system, never know the next tatis.  And not like Javy or KB can't resign with the Cubs, if we offer them the most likely they'd sign back. This season was not a playoff season. The starting pitching wasn't there. And hopefully next year Davis is up at some point. He got 3 HR in 3 games

If they sign back then Hoyer did his job and looks great but we don't know that they will. That would be cool if they did, neither wanted to leave. We do need better starting Pitchers, that is clear. In 2016 our Pitching was almost flawless with Jake, Lester, Hendricks, and Chap to close.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If they sign back then Hoyer did his job and looks great but we don't know that they will. That would be cool if they did, neither wanted to leave. We do need better starting Pitchers, that is clear. In 2016 our Pitching was almost flawless with Jake, Lester, Hendricks, and Chap to close.

I think Javy there's a good chance on 4 years. By then our SS of the future should be up. KB, I do think less likely, but I also feel like even if he was on the team he would be unlikely to resign. Just something about the fresh start and change for him. And ya, even 17 was still good. 18 still won 95. And ya our rotation needs work. Our bullpen has some pieces (Heuer as set up. Wick as closer) keegan looks good as bullpen same alozay.  Steele could maybe be a 5, with mills a 4. Hendricks idk 1-3 he could be if he figures out what is up with him. Im hoping its the inning increase that caused, and returns to form next year. Then we'll need 2 others external at least. Our bullpen looks good or at least pieces to do good as wee need 

16 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I think Javy there's a good chance on 4 years. By then our SS of the future should be up. KB, I do think less likely, but I also feel like even if he was on the team he would be unlikely to resign. Just something about the fresh start and change for him. And ya, even 17 was still good. 18 still won 95. And ya our rotation needs work. Our bullpen has some pieces (Heuer as set up. Wick as closer) keegan looks good as bullpen same alozay.  Steele could maybe be a 5, with mills a 4. Hendricks idk 1-3 he could be if he figures out what is up with him. Im hoping its the inning increase that caused, and returns to form next year. Then we'll need 2 others external at least. Our bullpen looks good or at least pieces to do good as wee need 

Yeah Hendricks play was strange this season. He started off slow, then hit a nice groove for a while, now struggling again. he does give up way too many HR's at times. I am not sold on him being a primary Ace, as a 2nd best Pitcher on the team I can see that. He is still young so I doubt he pulls a Jake and just falls off badly. He did pull a Jake tonight though, up 7-0 and couldn't hold it - not good.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

KB will be singing with the Cards this offseason.

:goodluck:

I fully expect the Reds to be at least 3 games behind either the Cards or the Padres after this weekend. We have three straight games against the buzz-sawing Dodgers.

Cards vs. Padres is going to be exciting at least. Whoever comes out alive for that series will be the wildcard team most likely. 

Archived