Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

2011 is their last one, over the Rangers. Lost in 2013 vs the Red Sox

I still watch game 6 of that world series.   What a great game!

Cardinals were down 2 runs in the 9th and 10th innings.   Actually down to their last strike in both innings.  Won the game and went on to win game 7.    

55 minutes ago, Myles said:

I still watch game 6 of that world series.   What a great game!

Cardinals were down 2 runs in the 9th and 10th innings.   Actually down to their last strike in both innings.  Won the game and went on to win game 7.    

In my mind, the greatest Cardinals game ever!!  Freese was a freak in that post season.

41 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And on the Dodgers go 3-1, will face SF starting Friday.  Chris Taylor with a walk 2R HR in the 9th to remind people why Alex Reyes lost the closer job

Yeah I seen that, Cards gave it a good run. There is a Cards fan here at work that yelled the F word when Taylor homered. I could here him in my office lmao . I am glad I am not betting on Baseball because both my Wildcard predictions were wrong.

7 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And on the Dodgers go 3-1, will face SF starting Friday.  Chris Taylor with a walk 2R HR in the 9th to remind people why Alex Reyes lost the closer job

Cardinals had opportunities...left tons of runners on base and in the end the Dodgers did what they needed to do.  Both starting pitchers did well and it ended up a bullpen game.  Disappointing, but the Cardinals had a great run down the stretch to get into the WC game.  I wish the WC would be a 3 game series...one and done games just don't fly in baseball in my mind.

So far, I'm 0-2 in my predictions.  Let's go RAYS!

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Cardinals had opportunities...left tons of runners on base and in the end the Dodgers did what they needed to do.  Both starting pitchers did well and it ended up a bullpen game.  Disappointing, but the Cardinals had a great run down the stretch to get into the WC game.  I wish the WC would be a 3 game series...one and done games just don't fly in baseball in my mind.

So far, I'm 0-2 in my predictions.  Let's go RAYS!

I'm happy with the Cardinals season.   Didn't think they had much but that 17 game winning streak showed allot.  Wainwright pitched well.   The Dodgers just have too much talent (best team money can buy).   Payroll that is $100 million more than the Cardinals.  

I thought the game was well played and umped.  I did think the Dodgers got the better calls by the home plate ump.

Both ALDS games were blow outs. Positive is in the rays game there was a HR off cat walk, a HR by Randy A who also stole home (first time in post season since 2016 @2006Coltsbesteverguess who 2016 was). And Franco also had 2 XBH in his postseason debut. 

My Dream World Series would be Rays vs Giants since I have a hat for either team

12 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Both ALDS games were blow outs. Positive is in the rays game there was a HR off cat walk, a HR by Randy A who also stole home (first time in post season since 2016 @2006Coltsbesteverguess who 2016 was). And Franco also had 2 XBH in his postseason debut. 

My Dream World Series would be Rays vs Giants since I have a hat for either team

El' Mago of course :thmup:

10 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

On the ALDS Side Astros are up 2-0 Games, Kimbrel gets rocked again. Boston and Rays tied 1-1. 

On the NLDS Side the Brewers are up 1-0 Games, Giants up 1-0 with a KB HR tonight, in addition to Posey HR his first Playoff HR since 2012

I would love to see the Giants win it all, I am a Cubs fan first but MVP was my favorite player of all-time and the Cubs aren't it.

6 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Dodgers-Giants go tomorrow night to see who will face the Braves Starting Saturday. ALCS will Start on Friday. 

Dodgers win, it will be a repeat of last year, but the Braves will have the home field advantage. 

Giants win, the series will open up in SF

Who plays in the ALCS?

I missed the Cardinals series. What happened there? 

Enjoy the games.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:44 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hard to believe the Yankees haven't won the WS since 2009.

Actually it's not that hard to believe. Hal is not like his dad and values profit alot more than Championships. Their payroll is like $50million less than Dodgers and they aren't as smart as teams like the Ray's. 

They've been built more to have success in regular season than postseason. And the Huge signing of Cole has been disappointing so far.

I think MLB should take a look at redoing the schedule & playoff format.

First, a Balanced schedule.  Teams in entire league play each other a equal amount of times. This makes it more fair for teams in strong divisions to have to beat out teams for playoff spots in weak divisions. 

Second, playoffs should be determined by seeding teams by records, like the NBA does. It's unfair for the Dodgers to win 106 games and then play in a 1 game playoff and then have to play the top seed, the Giants next round.

SF should have been seeded #1 and 

Dodgers #2 and then they potentialy meet in NLCS to see who goes to WS. 

14 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I think MLB should take a look at redoing the schedule & playoff format.

First, a Balanced schedule.  Teams in entire league play each other a equal amount of times. This makes it more fair for teams in strong divisions to have to beat out teams for playoff spots in weak divisions. 

Second, playoffs should be determined by seeding teams by records, like the NBA does. It's unfair for the Dodgers to win 106 games and then play in a 1 game playoff and then have to play the top seed, the Giants next round.

SF should have been seeded #1 and 

Dodgers #2 and then they potentialy meet in NLCS to see who goes to WS. 

I prefer it the way it is mostly.   Winning the division should be important.   The Dodgers didn't win their division.  They went 9-10 against the Giants. 

I like the division rivalries so I'm not in favor of equal schedules for all.   I could change my mind if equality was really important to MLB, but it is not.   The Dodgers have a payroll of $268 million.   League average is less than half of that ($130 million).  So the game is not fair to start with. 

On 10/6/2021 at 12:17 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

we even won one in 2016, Cards haven't won it all since 2006, they are in highschool lmao 

False statement Lol , what happened to 2011  . Lol i see someone pointed that out already now. I believe the Cards are heading in the right direction. Unload a couple lead weights and we will see what happens. a couple additions in the right area and they are on their way.

2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

False statement Lol , what happened to 2011  . Lol i see someone pointed that out already now. I believe the Cards are heading in the right direction. Unload a couple lead weights and we will see what happens. a couple additions in the right area and they are on their way.

Yeah I had a brain fart, I knew they won in 2011 but just spaced it confused homer simpson GIF

16 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Well boo. 

Houston and Boston start tomorrow 

LAD and Braves on Saturday

My prediction? 

Braves sweep. Houston wins, and wins a WS 

I think it is meant to be for the Dodgers now for them to get revenge on the Astros for what happened in 2017. Maybe KB will come back to the Cubs now where he belongs Kris Bryant Smile GIF by Chicago Cubs

Archived