Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I fully expect the Reds to be at least 3 games behind either the Cards or the Padres after this weekend. We have three straight games against the buzz-sawing Dodgers.

Cards vs. Padres is going to be exciting at least. Whoever comes out alive for that series will be the wildcard team most likely. 

At least get 1 win and you still have a chance.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Hendricks play was strange this season. He started off slow, then hit a nice groove for a while, now struggling again. he does give up way too many HR's at times. I am not sold on him being a primary Ace, as a 2nd best Pitcher on the team I can see that. He is still young so I doubt he pulls a Jake and just falls off badly. He did pull a Jake tonight though, up 7-0 and couldn't hold it - not good.

Normally he starts slow (Wick too) and builds up and finds it. The weirdest part is he lost it again, I am really hoping it is just fatiguing after the messy season. And I agree to many HRs, that he needs to get down to manageable. In other news the Cubs are the first team in history to below multiple games in a season in which they lead by 7 and then lose by 5+. See we can still keep making history!haha

3 hours ago, Myles said:

KB will be singing with the Cards this offseason.

:goodluck:

Sorry, KB thinks St. Louis is boring :goodluck:. And he is right, until you have a shooting

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I fully expect the Reds to be at least 3 games behind either the Cards or the Padres after this weekend. We have three straight games against the buzz-sawing Dodgers.

Cards vs. Padres is going to be exciting at least. Whoever comes out alive for that series will be the wildcard team most likely. 

Psh, is it home or away? Even the Cubs took 4 out of 7 vs the Dodgers this year:td:

Doing some research for the fun of it, since this season hasn't been fun. Here are the Cubs totals over the last decade (10 seasons = 2012-2021 so far):

771-732 Regular Season record = 51.3 % wins (above average).

5 Playoff appearances = 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, they have made the playoffs 50% of the time over the last 10 seasons, good.

3 Division Titles = 2016, 2017, 2020, good.

1 NL Pennant (National League Champs) = 2016, very good.

1 WS win (World Championship) = 2016, great - ended the 108 year jinx!

-I hope 2022 is much better than this season, not sure how it can be worse.

Cardinals sweep the Padres and now have a 3 game lead in the WC race over the Reds and Padres!  If the Cardinals were in the NL East, they'd be in 1st place right now.  Crazy!

STL has won 8 straight and now play the Brewers in a 4 game series in Milwaukee and then 4 this weekend in Wrigley.  Cubs can play spoiler for the Cardinals potentially.

The Cards have earned the wildcard spot in my opinion. The Reds were unable to go toe to toe with the Padres the whole year, and at this point don't even seem interested in saving their season. 

I think the Cards could go on a run if they make it in with Wainwright finding the fountain of youth. 

3 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Cardinals sweep the Padres and now have a 3 game lead in the WC race over the Reds and Padres!  If the Cardinals were in the NL East, they'd be in 1st place right now.  Crazy!

STL has won 8 straight and now play the Brewers in a 4 game series in Milwaukee and then 4 this weekend in Wrigley.  Cubs can play spoiler for the Cardinals potentially.

Congrats on making the playoffs (assuming you do). I know @Jay Kirkhas to be happy. I have always respected the Cards as a Cubs fan, no hate here :thmup:. If you guys played the Brewers in the playoffs, I would actually root for you guys to win haha . I don't respect the Brewers at all, their fan base is the worst and they have never won jack. I think the Giants ultimately will win it all if I had to chose just 1 team. They were the best team in baseball before they got KB and they added him. That team is loaded.  

On 9/17/2021 at 1:31 PM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Sorry, KB thinks St. Louis is boring :goodluck:. And he is right, until you have a shooting

If shootings is what entertains him, he should have stayed in Chicago.   They had 56 shootings victims and 9 fatalities over the weekend.  

Cardinals up 3 games on the Reds, 4 games on the Padres and 4.5 games on the Phillies.  

I guess they are hot at the right time.   Still have 6 against the Brew Crew and 7 against the Cubs though.  

The Reds have 5 against the Pirates, 4 against the Nationals and 2 against the White Sox. 

2 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

That's 10 straight wins for the Cardinals!  Now a 4 game lead on the Reds.

That should be enough for the Cards to get in now. Today, the Reds *Lack of* Brain Trust decided to extend manager David Bell for 2 more years. So despite the absolute pathetic play and epic meltdown to end the season, the team will continue to just keep doing the same thing. With Bell wrapped up, the Reds will most likely lose all of the rest of their games, as there is no urgency in place and no incentive. 

I feel bad for Joey Votto. We probably should've just sent him to the Giants so he could at least win one WS. 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

That should be enough for the Cards to get in now. Today, the Reds *Lack of* Brain Trust decided to extend manager David Bell for 2 more years. So despite the absolute pathetic play and epic meltdown to end the season, the team will continue to just keep doing the same thing. With Bell wrapped up, the Reds will most likely lose all of the rest of their games, as there is no urgency in place and no incentive. 

I feel bad for Joey Votto. We probably should've just sent him to the Giants so he could at least win one WS. 

Yikes. Reds fans should be * about that. Bell is a horrible manager. Reds stuck with Price way too long too.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

11 wins in a row for the Cards.   The bats have gotten hot.   Flaherty will be pitching the second game of a double header on Friday.   I hope he comes out strong.     I also hear that Dakota Hudson may be back soon.  

News keeps getting better for the Cardinals!  Just hope they don't blow it after coming back to get into this position.

And, my Rays clinched their playoff spot last night.  Fingers crossed for a Cardinals-Rays World Series!!

22 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

News keeps getting better for the Cardinals!  Just hope they don't blow it after coming back to get into this position.

And, my Rays clinched their playoff spot last night.  Fingers crossed for a Cardinals-Rays World Series!!

That would be nice.   Does MLB still make the 2 wildcard teams play a 1 game series to go to the next level?    

With 7 games against the Cubs, we had better keep winning.   It could make the Cubs season to knock us out. 

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

That would be nice.   Does MLB still make the 2 wildcard teams play a 1 game series to go to the next level?    

With 7 games against the Cubs, we had better keep winning.   It could make the Cubs season to knock us out. 

It's still a one game deal for the Wild Card teams, which to me should be a 3 game series.  One and done is baseball doesn't work for me.

Here is a link with post season information.

https://www.mlb.com/postseason

20 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

It's still a one game deal for the Wild Card teams, which to me should be a 3 game series.  One and done is baseball doesn't work for me.

Here is a link with post season information.

https://www.mlb.com/postseason

Yeah, I don't like it either.   No time for a fan base to relish the excitement.    Best of 3 would be great.  

Cubs vs Cardinals double header happening now.  

2-0 Cardinal lead.  Bottom of the 4th.

Goldy hit another HR.  Both pitchers just doing OK.

Happ - 3.2 innings, 2 hits 4 walks and 5 strike outs

Steele - 4 innings, 2 hits, 2 walks and 3 strike outs

On 9/23/2021 at 11:47 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Cards would be better off playing the Dodgers in a Wildcard game IMO because the Dodgers have a history of choking bigtime. If I am a Cards fan I would rather play them than the Giants. The Giants were a machine before KB now they are unreal.

Actually dont think it matters , its a one game crap shoot , i guess your right Dodgers would be better to face up against in that. Right now St Louis is the best team in the league . much like they were earlier in the year. Then the Houdini . I gave them no chance 3 weeks ago and look anything can happen. Bringing back some memories :spit:but its not likely they repeat them . Problem is i dont get to watch these games and enjoy.

16 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Actually dont think it matters , its a one game crap shoot , i guess your right Dodgers would be better to face up against in that. Right now St Louis is the best team in the league . much like they were earlier in the year. Then the Houdini . I gave them no chance 3 weeks ago and look anything can happen. Bringing back some memories :spit:but its not likely they repeat them . Problem is i dont get to watch these games and enjoy.

On August 10th, they were 55-56.  The Padres were 66-49.

Since then the Cardinals have gone 28-13 and the Padres 11-26.

5 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

In reality it probably doesn't matter like you said because in a 1 game situation anything can happen. Cardinals are on fire right now and are very capable of beating either in a 1 game take all.

53 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I tried to tell you guys, lol. The Cards always play their best ball in September. I never count them out. 

On the flip side, I can always count on the Reds to disappoint haha…

Reds had a good season though. Cards are the 2nd best franchise in MLB history. The Baseball Gods seem to love them over history lmao . I had that with the Cubs from 2015-2020 where we were winning games in unreal styles and even finally won a WS. It goes in cycles with most teams but the Cards are usually good every year much like the Yankees and Dodgers. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds had a good season though. Cards are the 2nd best franchise in MLB history. The Baseball Gods seem to love them over history lmao . I had that with the Cubs from 2015-2020 where we were winning games in unreal styles and even finally won a WS. It goes in cycles with most teams but the Cards are usually good every year much like the Yankees and Dodgers. 

And the Giants. They’ve been good most of my 33 years of life lol. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah now they have MVP, makes me want to do this Angry Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

I hope that doesn't make you root for the Dodgers.   Their team salary salary is $100 million more than the Cardinals.  $64 million more than 2nd Yankees.  

Archived