Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

37 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wonder why. That's embarrassing. I'm going to have to reach out to a friend's blog. He and the followers have probably discussed it. 

I looked on another Mets fan site. There is a podcast that I will listen to on my way to work tomorrow. The topic: "This week, we discuss the Mets’ laughingstock of a front office search." haha

Has to do with your owner, way NY fans are (incredibly harsh and in short order), and sandy Alderson. The likely is too you guys will try to hire a new head of baseball ops who will be above the GM. So not a great job in that way

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Has to do with your owner, way NY fans are (incredibly harsh and in short order), and sandy Alderson. The likely is too you guys will try to hire a new head of baseball ops who will be above the GM. So not a great job in that way

I have never been a fan of Sandy Alderson. I'm not sure why he was brought back.

I think all fans are harsh. I think there is belief that New York fans are harsher. Have you read comments by fans on this forum? It is no different anywhere. (Okay. Maybe Cardinals fans are not so harsh and judgmental.)

It is too bad they did not hire Dombrowski when he became available. Hopefully the Mets don't become the Cleveland Browns of baseball where every year there is a different manager, GM, etc. I like continuity. I like that the Vikings have had the same GM for over 10 years and head coach has been there 8 seasons. I would like the Mets to stick to someone and not change GMs and coaches every year or two. 

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have never been a fan of Sandy Alderson. I'm not sure why he was brought back.

I think all fans are harsh. I think there is belief that New York fans are harsher. Have you read comments by fans on this forum? It is no different anywhere. (Okay. Maybe Cardinals fans are not so harsh and judgmental.)

It is too bad they did not hire Dombrowski when he became available. Hopefully the Mets don't become the Cleveland Browns of baseball where every year there is a different manager, GM, etc. I like continuity. I like that the Vikings have had the GM for over 10 years and head coach has been there 8 seasons. I would like the Mets to stick to someone and not change GMs and coaches every year or two. 

hahahaha saying Cardinals fans are not harsh and judgemental. You should see a very big majority of one's i see at games here. They are very. 

And the NYM is more so, look for example at how they treated Javy so quickly. And then its been things over years they have had a reputation, where they are overly harsh. And doesn't help with the NY media too. 

And yes being able to keep the same is a nice. The issue is Mets have a reputation for kinda being a dumpster fire 

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I wonder why. That's embarrassing. I'm going to have to reach out to a friend's blog. He and the followers have probably discussed it. 

I looked on another Mets fan site. There is a podcast that I will listen to on my way to work tomorrow. The topic: "This week, we discuss the Mets’ laughingstock of a front office search." haha

A lot of it has to do with guys don't want to be GM's in huge markets. Too much pressure and criticism come there way. It was like that with the Lakers a few years ago, Magic took the job because he knew nobody would criticized him because of his winning history there as a player. Rob Pelinka was Kobe's agent so it was an easy fit for him to assist Magic. Once Magic stepped down, Pelinka just took over. Coaching or being a GM in a big market is a headache many don't want. 

4 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The Mets have gone crazing, signing Eduardo Escobar, Mark Cahana,  and Starling Marte yesterday. 

Pretty much filled up their open position spots, @NFLfan

They still need pitching after losing Thor. deGrom is great but they need a #2 otherwise it will be the Braves winning that division again. The one prediction I got right last year was the Braves winning that division. It looked bad for a while but it happened and then they won the WS lmao .

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

The Mets have gone crazing, signing Eduardo Escobar, Mark Cahana,  and Starling Marte yesterday. 

Pretty much filled up their open position spots, @NFLfan

Thank you for the information. I'm not a fan of signing free agents from other teams. I wish they would devote more money to developing players that we draft or very young players that we trade for. 

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you for the information. I'm not a fan of signing free agents from other teams. I wish they would devote more money to developing players that we draft or very young players that we trade for. 

I like when you draft players that you trade to us:D Peter Crow-Armstrong (PCA) your first round pick in 2020. Traded for Trevor Williams and Javy

Lots of news/signings in MLB this Sunday

Rays sign Corey Kluber for 1 year, 8M and Wander Franco to 11 yr Extension. @Barry Sears

Michael Lorenzen, to the Angels, 1 yr 7M.

Byron Buxton, 7 yr, 100M extension with the Twins

Marcus Semien 7 yr, 175M and Jon Gray, 4yr deals with the Rangers

Avisail Garcia, to the Marlins for 4 yr, 56M 

Kevin Gausman, to the Blue Jays, 5 yr, 110M

And then some rumors too

@RollerColt the Reds are shopping Castillo with the Angels mentioned. 

And for @NFLfan, your Mets are doing the big FA year. They look to be signing Max Scherzer, 4yr 160M or so deal. At age 37. 

Us Cubs fans, @2006Coltsbestever and @HOZER we only have one minor trade (Ramirez) and a waiver claim (Miley) all offseason

3 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Lots of news/signings in MLB this Sunday

Rays sign Corey Kluber for 1 year, 8M and Wander Franco to 11 yr Extension. @Barry Sears

Michael Lorenzen, to the Angels, 1 yr 7M.

Byron Buxton, 7 yr, 100M extension with the Twins

Marcus Semien 7 yr, 175M and Jon Gray, 4yr deals with the Rangers

Avisail Garcia, to the Marlins for 4 yr, 56M 

Kevin Gausman, to the Blue Jays, 5 yr, 110M

And then some rumors too

@RollerColt the Reds are shopping Castillo with the Angels mentioned. 

And for @NFLfan, your Mets are doing the big FA year. They look to be signing Max Scherzer, 4yr 160M or so deal. At age 37. 

Us Cubs fans, @2006Coltsbestever and @HOZER we only have one minor trade (Ramirez) and a waiver claim (Miley) all offseason

I was hoping MVP was back lmao 

7 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Just awful. :Cry: I am sure most Mets fans are pleased but that is not the way to build a team. $40 million per year?? SMH. I hate this move.

I wonder how much deGrom is getting. If anyone should be given a $40 million per year contract is Jacob deGrom.

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Just awful. :Cry: I am sure most Mets fans are pleased but that is not the way to build a team. $40 million per year?? SMH. I hate this move.

I wonder how much deGrom is getting. If anyone should be given a $40 million per year contract is Jacob deGrom.

6 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Lots of moves over the weekend as @PuntersArePeopleToo pointed out.  I'm surprised by the rumored deal for Scherzer, especially at his age.  I guess the new GM of the Mets wants to make a big splash, but that's been their demise in the past with the GM's who've been fired.

Yep, it is 3 yr 130m. So 43M a year. 

Also look to see Corey Seager sign soon. 

8 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Yep, it is 3 yr 130m. So 43M a year. 

Also look to see Corey Seager sign soon. 

15 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

Lots of moves over the weekend as @PuntersArePeopleToo pointed out.  I'm surprised by the rumored deal for Scherzer, especially at his age.  I guess the new GM of the Mets wants to make a big splash, but that's been their demise in the past with the GM's who've been fired.

I am not sure that I can continue to root for them. I won't root for a different -- I just won't root for any particular team. There is no way I can root for a whole bunch of slower yet high-priced players with no allegiance or commitment to the team. It is terrible.  I like players with heart. I have never been someone who likes flashy players. (Give me a game manager as a QB over a gunslinger.)  I like National League style baseball -- get guys on base, move them along and manufacture runs, steal bases, bunt guys over, etc. I am not big on home runs like others are. haha 

Seriously, I hate these moves. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I am not sure if I can continue to root for them. I won't root for another team but there is no way I can root for a whole bunch of slow, older, high-priced players with no allegiance or commitment to the team. It is terrible.  I like players with heart. I have never been someone who likes flashy players. (Give me a game manager as a QB over a gunslinger.)  I like National League style baseball -- get guys on base, move them along and manufacture runs, steal bases, bunt guys over, etc. I am not big on home runs like others are. haha 

Seriously, I hate these moves. 

Are you saying the Mets are this 200.gif

On 12/2/2021 at 2:01 AM, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Officially the players are locked out. CBA has expired. So no major league transactions. Who knows how long it will take

I hate this...the Hot Stove period was off to a great start.  Manfred and the owners didn't have to impose the lockout, but did so for leverage, as they claim.

Hope the two sides can get this worked out to avoid any delay to spring training or the season.

10 hours ago, Barry Sears said:

I hate this...the Hot Stove period was off to a great start.  Manfred and the owners didn't have to impose the lockout, but did so for leverage, as they claim.

Hope the two sides can get this worked out to avoid any delay to spring training or the season.

Ya, the hot stove also increased because of the known lockout. And ya, MLB statement is just a bad one. They did a terrible job trying to make them see like a victim. 

And it is likely to not effect the season, but we should have a good idea in mid-late Jan.

33 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Cheer Applause GIF by PeanutsExcited Season 2 GIF by The Office

Home Run Derby GIF by mdleone
Gil Hodges is a HOFer

@NFLfan

Wow! Best news regarding the Mets in quite a long time. He deserves it. Thank you for letting me know.

Also, Buck O'Neill was elected. He was the best baseball storyteller I had heard. He would be interviewed many times. He was a great baseball historian.

Congrats to all. 

What a busy few days leading up to the lockout! That was pretty hectic, but it was so fun! Now we have to wait who knows how long for more. I don't think the Cardinals do much else. Maybe a reliever. I've heard the Cardinals have had interest in bringing Joe Kelly back to STL.

• 2 weeks later...

This lockout is such a bummer!   Looks like the two sides won't talk until January.  I see a lot of guys (fringe players) signing minor league deals with teams and also a lot of players signing to play in Japan next year.  Wonder if that's a sign that the season will get delayed due to the lockout?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived