Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB 2021 Season: It's Your Pitch, Jay Kirk

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Eventhough the Cards didn't win it all in 1985, that was probably their best team and that sounds dumb (because they have won 11 WS)  but they got cheated. I would fear that team more than any Cards team I have seen. 2011 won it all so they would get my nod in technical terms as being the best Cards team - Albert was a beast.

Although I couldn't watch them, I've read about the 1967 team.

What a loaded team!

The Redbirds this season won the World Series over Boston (4-3).

First baseman Orlando Cepeda was the NL MVP, and his St. Louis teammates, Lou Brock, Roger Maris, Ken Boyer and Curt Flood, helped power the offense. 

Bob Gibson broke his leg and was injured during the season, but he still won 13 games. Steve Carlton won 14 in his first full MLB season. 

The Cardinals won the division by 14 games and by far had the most wins in MLB (101). The Red Sox were (92-70)—second to the Cardinals for best record.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What Tom Brady is doing has been unreal, I don't like the guy but he is the GOAT IMO and I love Peyton. I have Peyton 2nd or 3rd because I factor in Joe. Yes winning a WS requires a ton of luck, what the Yankees did from 1998-2000 by 3-Peating was so unreal, that is another reason that team was the best at least IMO. = their 1998 team. You guys had a lot of .300 hitters and the pitching was great too. Jeter was one of the best players I have ever seen.

The yankees won 4 of 5 and came within a Greg counsel blooper from a 5peat. They were truly great....thanks

...personally I dont think brady is the goat or even worthy of wearing Peytons jock strap!... I feel like just about everything he and Belichek have done and still doing is corrupt and tainted etc....etc... only god knows what type of footballs he's using these days along with everything else going on there. haha

43 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Eventhough the Cards didn't win it all in 1985, that was probably their best team and that sounds dumb (because they have won 11 WS)  but they got cheated. I would fear that team more than any Cards team I have seen. 2011 won it all so they would get my nod in technical terms as being the best Cards team - Albert was a beast.

The Cards, though I'm not a follower of them have always been a Top organization. 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Braves! @Jared Cisneroswinning Game 1 is huge, 3 more to go. I love it!

I'm pulling for the Braves as well.   No as much as I would have if they were facing the Yankees or Red Sox though.   The Astros sign stealing in 2017 makes me want to lose.   The Red Sox were caught doing the same in 2017.  

The Red Sox were caught in a similar incident in September 2017, and the commissioner's office sent out a message warning teams not to use replay equipment to steal signs or convey information to teams. The warning noted that general and field managers would be held responsible for the actions of teams if caught.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/astros-cheating-scandal-explained/1ptq9e01ed4sr1ozgmjsznsd7h

Congrats to the Braves.  They made some great moves before the trade deadline to shore up their Of and those guys put them over the top...Soler, Duvall, Rosario and Pederson.  The lost Acuna, Ozuna and Sirotka, but made the moves needed to give them a shot at the Postseason.

Also glad they put away the Astros, who I actually respected after they completely tore down their roster and rebuilt through their minor league system and some FA pick-ups.  But that cheating stuff ended the respect I had for that organization.

So, now it will soon be Hot Stove time!!  Remember, the Cubs and Cardinals are now tied for 1st place again :)

Yankees are interested in trading for A's first baseman Matt Olson. They've also talked to the agents of Carlos Correa and Corey Seager.

Cardinals Prez of Baseball Ops today said he "didn't feel like DeJong has gotten a fair shake and there's optimism of his future based on his past". So not expecting the Cardinals to do much of anything. Which I expected all along to begin with.

17 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Cardinals Prez of Baseball Ops today said he "didn't feel like DeJong has gotten a fair shake and there's optimism of his future based on his past". So not expecting the Cardinals to do much of anything. Which I expected all along to begin with.

No surprise, Mo typically doesn't play his hand on big FA signings.  Looks like they'll focus on pitching depth and adding another starter.  I don't expect any big names coming to STL to pitch.  The best thing for their pitching staff is to remain healthy.

17 hours ago, landrus13 said:

Yankees are interested in trading for A's first baseman Matt Olson. They've also talked to the agents of Carlos Correa and Corey Seager.

Thanks for sharing. The only name there that I recognize is DeJong. Lol. That shows you how little I have paid attention to baseball. Smh.

Edit: I know Carlos Correa. haha

I need to check out the Mets site to see if they made their hires. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks for sharing. The only name there that I recognize is DeJong. Lol. That shows you how little I have paid attention to baseball. Smh.

Edit: I know Carlos Correa. haha

I need to check out the Mets site to see if they made their hires. 

Not yet, the Mets can't give away that job! :)  I'm still waiting for them to call me, LOL

14 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Not sure if you saw this @NFLfan Thor (Syndergard), has signed a one year- $21 million deal

Jose Berrios has signed a 7yr extension with the Blue Jays for $131 million.

Eduardo Rodriguez has signed with the Tigers on 5 year 77mil

And the Rays have traded a couple guys

Thank you. I appreciate your keeping me informed. I am a bit surprised that he was re-signed, but I am pleased. I am a big fan of Syndergaard. 

I have not followed baseball much this year. 

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. I appreciate your keeping me informed. I am a bit surprised that he was re-signed, but I am pleased. I am a big fan of Syndergaard. 

Unfortunately Noah signed a 1 year deal/21 Mill with the Angels, he is no longer a Met. You guys also hired a new GM - Billy Eppler.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Unfortunately Noah signed a 1 year deal/21 Mill with the Angels, he is no longer a Met. You guys also hired a new GM - Billy Eppler.

Oh no!!! I thought @PuntersArePeopleToo was saying that the Mets signed him. Poor reading  comprehension on my part. That saddens me. Oh well.

I'm losing interest in baseball. I recall the days when I knew almost all the players in both leagues and I enjoyed the history of baseball. When I was in college, I used to bring my books to the dorm lounge to watch the Mets. I got the nickname of Couch Potato because of that. Lol. I think all the change in players, coaches, GMs, and even owners has soured me on the sport. I also don't like signing all these free agents from other clubs. I like to draft my players and let them grow together, adding a key free agent here and there. 

I used to enjoy college sports too until the schools started changing conferences. 

Anyway, I still enjoy football. Hopefully the officiating will not force me out of that too. haha

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Oh no!!! I thought @PuntersArePeopleToo was saying that the Mets signed him. Poor reading  comprehension on my part. That saddens me. Oh well.

I'm losing interest in baseball. I recall the days when I knew almost all the players in both leagues and I enjoyed the history of baseball. When I was in college, I used to bring my books to the dorm lounge to watch the Mets. I got the nickname of Couch Potato because of that. Lol. I think all the change in players, coaches, GMs, and even owners has soured me on the sport.

I used to enjoy college sports too until the schools started changing conferences. 

Anyway, I still enjoy football. Hopefully the officiating will not force me out of that too. haha

Betting Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons- here is a true couch potato betting on New York :funny:

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Say what??

Why would a team not resign a pitcher with a arm like that?  .....unless he wanted to leave, I don't know. Anyway,  I haven't seen him pitch lately and don't follow the mets....maybe he had arm trouble? 

Maybe the Yankees can get De Grom lol.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Say what??

Why would a team not resign a pitcher with a arm like that?  .....unless he wanted to leave, I don't know. Anyway,  I haven't seen him pitch lately and don't follow the mets....maybe he had arm trouble? 

My dream would be the Cubs bring back Bryant and trade for deGrom

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I'm losing interest in baseball. I recall the days when I knew almost all the players in both leagues and I enjoyed the history of baseball. When I was in college, I used to bring my books to the dorm lounge to watch the Mets. I got the nickname of Couch Potato because of that. Lol. I think all the change in players, coaches, GMs, and even owners has soured me on the sport. I also don't like signing all these free agents from other clubs. I like to draft my players and let them grow together, adding a key free agent here and there. 

My Bad, I somehow forgot to type Angels. 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Say what??

And he has barely pitched in 2 years. Has had a lot of arm injuries. He is doing a one year contract to regain value.

And NYY there is looking for some LHH (specifically infield) They are looking at top SS, (Seager specifically) and would move DJ to 1st (Likely)

3 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Say what??

I googled and found out he's been often injured including Tommy John surgery. 

My bad......shows how little I've been following mlb lately besides the yankees. 

DeGrom is one guy that may keep me following Mets baseball. He was drafted and developed by the Mets. He won Rookie of the Year and the Cy Young award as a Met. The Mets need to make him a lifetime Met like David Wright. I would have hated to see Wright in another uniform.

jacob degrom sport GIF by New York Mets

jacob degrom sport GIF by New York Mets

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys also hired a new GM - Billy Eppler.

Never heard of him. What kind of experience does he have?

The person that I have wanted the Mets to hire the past 20 years is Dave Dombrowski. It seems that everywhere he goes, his teams do well. I see he is with the Phillies now. 

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Never heard of him. What kind of experience does he have?

The person that I have wanted the Mets to hire the past 20 years is Dave Dombrowski. It seems that everywhere he goes, his teams do well. I see he is with the Phillies now. 

Was in the Yankees front office. Then was the Angels GM. Was fired last year. You guys had 12 people at least say no for your spot

2 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Was in the Yankees front office. Then was the Angels GM. Was fired last year. You guys had 12 people at least say no for your spot

I wonder why. That's embarrassing. I'm going to have to reach out to a friend's blog. He and the followers have probably discussed it. 

I looked on another Mets fan site. There is a podcast that I will listen to on my way to work tomorrow. The topic: "This week, we discuss the Mets’ laughingstock of a front office search." haha

Archived