Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Man Is A Football Player...period

BionicDamien

It's nice in college and all, but in the NFL, I would never want my QB doing that. QBs don't do tackling drills, so they don't use proper technique. They just throw their bodies in the way hoping to knock the guy down. Luck leads with his head and right shoulder; those are his two best weapons as a QB. That puts them in harms way and leaves them vulnerable to injuries. Would everyone still be as excited if Luck ended up separating his shoulder or getting a concussion? It was a nice play, but in the NFL, I don't want my QB to try and tackle anyone

It's nice in college and all, but in the NFL, I would never want my QB doing that. QBs don't do tackling drills, so they don't use proper technique. They just throw their bodies in the way hoping to knock the guy down. Luck leads with his head and right shoulder; those are his two best weapons as a QB. That puts them in harms way and leaves them vulnerable to injuries. Would everyone still be as excited if Luck ended up separating his shoulder or getting a concussion? It was a nice play, but in the NFL, I don't want my QB to try and tackle anyone

No, he's going to play LB on D, as well as QB. He's a natural for our new 3-4.

I'm pretty sure I read that on Pagano's fake twitter account.

wow...that was an unreal hit by a QB. It's great to see such vigor and moxie from him.

Though 21isSuperman was right. That actually was close to an illegal hit and too much of that will cause his multi-million dollar arm to fail. But ya gotta like that 'get back' he shows. I wish Manning had laid a hit like that on Porter in the SB, aye?

I understand your concern about having the teams QB make the tackle and the potential for injury, but that was good technique. Luck led with his shoulder, got his head in front of the runner and ran through the tackle.

I understand your concern about having the teams QB make the tackle and the potential for injury, but that was good technique. Luck led with his shoulder, got his head in front of the runner and ran through the tackle.

Yeah, but keep in mind we will be paying him millions for the services of that right shoulder. We don't want anything to happen to it. If he is even an inch to the left or right of where he should be, that shoulder could get injured

wow...that was an unreal hit by a QB. It's great to see such vigor and moxie from him.

Though 21isSuperman was right. That actually was close to an illegal hit and too much of that will cause his multi-million dollar arm to fail. But ya gotta like that 'get back' he shows. I wish Manning had laid a hit like that on Porter in the SB, aye?

If you watch the clip really closely, there is helmet to helmet contact

If you watch the clip really closely, there is helmet to helmet contact

Yea, I saw that. Hence why I said it was pretty close to an illegal hit. Crown of the helmet lead to the opponents chin will often get you a flag in the NFL.

their is helmet to helmet on almost every play do when two grown men colliding the force of the collision jars your head, so when someone goes for a upper body tackle which IS in my opinion the proper way to tackle a speed guy cause if your diving for his quick feet if you miss hes all but gone....but that part of my argument is another story, their is helmet to helmet almost on every play trying to properly wrap up a guy, NOT because he was going for the guy intentionally to hit helmet to helmet but simply cause hes wanting to make a sure tackl

Bad Call-should be legal hit BECAUSE it was Not a purposeful helmet to helmet

an actual helmet to helmet that needs to be banned from the game Merriweather on Todd Heap

Slow down the replay on the video and there is no helmet to helmet, he tackled him perfectly to me and he grazed #24 face shield at the very bottom when the guy had his helmet slightly lowered and to the left, Every time I see A.Luck on video in games and saw him last night on J.Grudens QB camp 1 on 1 and was impressed again and still sold on his abilities and heart... A.Luck #1 pick :}

their is helmet to helmet on almost every play do when two grown men colliding the force of the collision jars your head, so when someone goes for a upper body tackle which IS in my opinion the proper way to tackle a speed guy cause if your diving for his quick feet if you miss hes all but gone....but that part of my argument is another story, their is helmet to helmet almost on every play trying to properly wrap up a guy, NOT because he was going for the guy intentionally to hit helmet to helmet but simply cause hes wanting to make a sure tackle

Agreed. The spirit of the rule is that of intent. In cases like the first video you posted, there was no intent nor was the hit sufficiently powerful enough to warrant a flag. Bogus call.

i've seen this clip so many times it's not even funny, but it does show his toughness but every time the media wants to define him a certain way (tough) it's this clip. He has done SO MANY other things in this 3 years and I know they show some of that too but this is always included. Not to say I don't like the Topic, I DO and thanks for putting this out here for ppl who haven't seen it.

LUCK is a LOCK, is a LOAD, is a COLT.

I hear what you're saying but it beats Peyton idly standing by as defenders run by his turn style tackle attempts for pick sixes. I don't want my quarterback trying to lay the wood but heck yeah I want him to tackle a guy if in position to prevent a pick six. I've seen other qb's do this when necessary. Luck will too.

Agreed. The spirit of the rule is that of intent. In cases like the first video you posted, there was no intent nor was the hit sufficiently powerful enough to warrant a flag. Bogus call.

Exactly-by the way thats the best example I could find on short time frame the Watt on Orlovsky hit pure unintentional that it was a colts former quarterback in the highlight

I hear what you're saying but it beats Peyton idly standing by as defenders run by his turn style tackle attempts for pick sixes. I don't want my quarterback trying to lay the wood but heck yeah I want him to tackle a guy if in position to prevent a pick six. I've seen other qb's do this when necessary. Luck will too.

haha I don't think Peyton has the athleticism to run down any defender in this league....

Another example of how tough he is in this QB scramble for 58 yards, where he absorbs a safety's hit in the middle of the run and keeps on running.

Think about it... what if Manning had that kind of elusiveness....

He got the top of his hat on the face mask, but I thought it was pretty amusing. I honestly will be pretty ticked if we don't draft Luck at this point.

hhmmmm Golly I can't decide who I want quarterbacking the Colts next season... hehe

No doubt about it... Luck is pure beast mode... one small criticism, and mind you, I didn't start following his career until I started thinking the Colts might draft him.... but does anyone else think that his deep throws, although deadly accurate, seem to float a bit. After his pro day I became convinced that he has a big enough arm, but it seems like his deep balls spend a little too much time in the air. I'd love to see some video posted of him throwing some 30-40 yd. lazers between 2 defenders.

No doubt about it... Luck is pure beast mode... one small criticism, and mind you, I didn't start following his career until I started thinking the Colts might draft him.... but does anyone else think that his deep throws, although deadly accurate, seem to float a bit. After his pro day I became convinced that he has a big enough arm, but it seems like his deep balls spend a little too much time in the air. I'd love to see some video posted of him throwing some 30-40 yd. lazers between 2 defenders.

Better put that flame suit on.