Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This Man Is A Football Player...period

BionicDamien

That was excellent tackling form. Putting his helmet in front of the runner and on the ball, wrapping up, and driving through with his legs. The runner lowered his head a little bit, so it was close to helmet-to-helmet, but overall it was excellent form. He plays football, he's out there to make plays. If that means he has to make a play on defense, so be it.

I love I mean love his footwork. His ability to control his lower and upper body separately can lock and unlock hips at will. His spiral is awsome. Can throw into the wind with control. Love how his arm seems to be going slow but the ball just flies out of his hands at a much faster speed. He is tough too. Never seen a team use a QB as a lead blocker before lol. Hopefully we will have none of that in Indy. Great size, great arm strenth. Smart player. Only knock I have is sometimes he throws into coverage instead of taking the sack. Even then most the time it isnt intercepted. I love this guy! I cant wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a53HkdKDus4

Followed it up with three touchdowns That's one tough son of a gun. This man is a football player.

There will never be a moment in my life where I will disagree! lol

My only point is that if this is the way everything had to shake out, the more I watch of Andy Luck, the more optimistic I become. We simply couldn't have been any more lucky. No pun intended.

If Luck has 80% the career of our beloved Manning, I'll be content, and he'll more then likely have at least a ring or two if Grigson and this coaching staff can do what they hope to do.

Any more than 80%, or surpassing Manning entirely....new Americas team here we come.

No doubt about it... Luck is pure beast mode... one small criticism, and mind you, I didn't start following his career until I started thinking the Colts might draft him.... but does anyone else think that his deep throws, although deadly accurate, seem to float a bit. After his pro day I became convinced that he has a big enough arm, but it seems like his deep balls spend a little too much time in the air. I'd love to see some video posted of him throwing some 30-40 yd. lazers between 2 defenders.

Better put that flame suit on.

OK, Stryker, I'll bite, especially since I was one of the people who had a dialog with you about this very topic. How was anything I said or asked considered a flame?

I'll go through it again... Peyton Manning has also been know, as both a collegiate and a pro, to throw "floaters". Analysts have suggested it makes his passes more catchable, especially on the deep balls. So I've asked you why Luck's throws would be seen differently. If you have a good explanation, I would actually be open to hearing it, but to this point, all I've seen are negative comments with no backup evidence. To me, the kind of unsubstantiated criticism you have provided is the very definition of "flame"... but maybe that's just me.

Please keep in mind that I have been defending RG3 in other threads against unfounded comments too (ie. he isn't capable of being a pocket passer, that he is too much in the mold of Vick, or more recently that he is too arrogant). I am currently leaning towards Luck (if I were GM), but I think both are phenomenal athletes. I want to be able to evaluate them both fairly, so by all means show me why I should prefer RG3... just please back it up.