Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gauntlet Games almost over

John Hammonds

Whether you think we're amazing, or whether you think we got lucky.

Whether you think the refs had a conspiracy to give the game to the Packers, or whether you've never seen a team do more to throw away a game than the Falcons did in the superbowl.

However you slice it, the bottom line is we are 2-1 through our Great Gauntlet of games.  Four games we though would be all losses.

But they're not.  We're 2-1 with another game against the Titans before we're out of the Gauntlet.

Take a deep breath.

Count your lucky stars.

And get ready for next week.

Just now, John Hammonds said:

Whether you think we're amazing, or whether you think we got lucky.

Whether you think the refs had a conspiracy to give the game to the Packers, or whether you've never seen a team do more to throw away a game than the Falcons did in the superbowl.

However you slice it, the bottom line is we are 2-1 through our Great Gauntlet of games.  Four games we though would be all losses.

But they're not.  We're 2-1 with another game against the Titans before we're out of the Gauntlet.

Take a deep breath.

Count your lucky stars.

And get ready for next week.

This was a big game. 7-3 is a great record right now. We kept up with the Titans, and next week, we have a chance to gain on them again by beating them and getting the tiebreaker. Very happy with how things went score-wise. Going to watch the game as I missed most of it and see all the flags called on us and why everyone is making a big deal about it on here.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This was a big game. 7-3 is a great record right now. We kept up with the Titans, and next week, we have a chance to gain on them again by beating them and getting the tiebreaker. Very happy with how things went score-wise. Going to watch the game as I missed most of it and see all the flags called on us and why everyone is making a big deal about it on here.

And, oh, by the way.  If anybody is counting....

We just equaled our win total from last year.

Just in case you were interested.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we beat the Titans next week it will be a wrap as far as the division goes. We would basically have a 2 game lead because of the tiebreaker.

Nah it wouldn't  be a wrap. We need to win atleast 4 other games if we beat titans and every hame if we lose to titans 

18 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Nah it wouldn't  be a wrap. We need to win atleast 4 other games if we beat titans and every hame if we lose to titans 

If they beat the Titans they would effectively be two games up because of the tie breaker with five to play meaning the Colts would need to win four to lock it up with the Titans winning out.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will sweep Houston and beat the Jags IMO so if it isn't a wrap it will be close :thmup:

Houston has finally started playing and the Colts already lost to the Jags once so I wouldn’t count those as automatic wins but I’d agree the Colts SHOULD win those games.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Houston has finally started playing and the Colts already lost to the Jags once so I wouldn’t count those as automatic wins but I’d agree the Colts SHOULD win those games.

We won't get swept by the Jags, if that happens then I will do this homer falling GIF- I could see a split vs Houston as that is reasonable.

FWIW the Titans still have to play the Browns and Packers in Green Bay after the Colts.  They also have games at home vs the Lions and on the road with the Jags and Texans so I don’t think the Titans win out if the Colts win next week.  Of course I didn’t think they would beat the Ravens today either...

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

FWIW the Titans still have to play the Browns and Packers in Green Bay after the Colts.  They also have games at home vs the Lions and on the road with the Jags and Texans so I don’t think the Titans win out if the Colts win next week.  Of course I didn’t think they would beat the Ravens today either...

To be on the safe side we need to beat them next week. We do that, we have a 75% chance of winning the division at that point. I could see them losing to the Browns or GB but I thought they would lose today and it didn't happen.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To be on the safe side we need to beat them next week. We do that, we have a 75% chance of winning the division at that point. I could see them losing to the Browns or GB but I thought they would lose today and it didn't happen.

I almost view next week as an AFC South Title game.  No it’s not over but it puts you in the drivers seat in a big way.

49 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Titans may win out. I see them running  all over packers

We can still go 12-4, can't be 13-3 because the automatic loss to the steelers is on the schedule. This team is playoff caliber as I've been saying all year, because of the huge offseason upgrade at qb. And it also helps to have the best defensive player in the league on your team also. Leonard, defensive player of the year, I've been saying it since week 3. And has anyone noticed how quietly Okereke has been making plays lately, he has really been stepping up.

Archived