Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

There's a big difference

Rally5

There's such a big difference between 4-2 and 3-3.  This has likely been the easiest part of our schedule.  One win in this case is a huge difference for the team, I would consider 4-2 on schedule and ironically I would consider 3-3 well behind due to the balance of the schedule and an undefeated Titans team.  I hat to call this game a must win, so I won't but it is a gateway game.  

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

There's such a big difference between 4-2 and 3-3.  This has likely been the easiest part of our schedule.  One win in this case is a huge difference for the team, I would consider 4-2 on schedule and ironically I would consider 3-3 well behind due to the balance of the schedule and an undefeated Titans team.  I hat to call this game a must win, so I won't but it is a gateway game.  

It isn't a must win 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

It isn't a must win 

this team was 1-5 in 2018 . i dont believe any game is a must win unless a loss knocks them out of the playoffs or drastically make the playoffs impossible .     The funny part with the colts in the past is they lose to bad teams by 30 then beat elite teams down. Its been a strange decade of colts football .

1 hour ago, Rally5 said:

with how beat up the colts are i would not be mad if they lose today .  Let them get healthy over the bye week get pittman back Ac turray leonard .  then regroup

The bottom line is if this was December and we were fighting for playoff spot then I would understand must win but its week 6.

Bengals could win 

It wouldn't matter now 

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

with how beat up the colts are i would not be mad if they lose today .  Let them get healthy over the bye week get pittman back Ac turray leonard .  then regroup

Is AC playing 

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The bottom line is if this was December and we were fighting for playoff spot then I would understand must win but its week 6.

Bengals could win 

It wouldn't matter now 

Is AC playing 

yea but my point still would be we have marlon , pittman , cambell mo alie cox out .  darius , turray on defense . plus at at least 8 starters are banged up .   after the bye we will have every one but cambell and marlon back .   then we will start up hot and finsish strong .    I think this is a trap game burrow is playing amazing .  My only point is do not get worried over a lose , we are still in a good spot injury wise after the bye .  only marlon is out for the year and hooker .  I feel like the team is better without hooker .   I know this team is a second half of the year team and expect the colts to finish strong.

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

yea but my point still would be we have marlon , pittman , cambell mo alie cox out .  darius , turray on defense . plus at at least 8 starters are banged up .   after the bye we will have every one but cambell and marlon back .   then we will start up hot and finsish strong .    I think this is a trap game burrow is playing amazing .  My only point is do not get worried over a lose , we are still in a good spot injury wise after the bye .  only marlon is out for the year and hooker .  I feel like the team is better without hooker .   I know this team is a second half of the year team and expect the colts to finish strong.

I picked Bengals to win so loss wouldn't surprise me

29 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

A gateway game. I could not agree more. If I knew what it meant. 

Getaway games are the last game of a series with another team (in baseball typically)...where the team has to then travel to another road series. That’s why MLB games have so many day games.

38 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I think we'd be better with Blackmon and Hooker than we are with Blackmon and Willis.... also, not sure if I can agree that we are a '2nd half team'.... sure Reich's first year, when we had Luck, we started 1-5 and went on a hot streak... last year we were 5-2 after 7 games and lost 7 of the last 9.

Not a 'must win' game, but it's an important game and we may be in a bit of trouble if we don't win it.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

Depends what you mean by must win.  can probably forget about winning the division if they lose but could still make the playoffs 

I said it's not a must win but a gateway game meaning, it setting the stage for the next several games.  It allows for breathing room, where a loss puts you at 3-3 and then the season starts to become a real grind.

2 hours ago, Rally5 said:

Last week was a Big Game AND WE LOST to the Brownies. 

A win would have made us 4-1, right on Titans rear end for Division, and would have put us in a prominent position in conference record plus the Bengals coming up.... a very possible 5-1. But it was not to be. When you lose to the jags & Brownies,  your record is less important. 

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Last week was a Big Game AND WE LOST to the Brownies. 

A win would have made us 4-1, right on Titans rear end for Division, and would have put us in a prominent position in conference record plus the Bengals coming up.... a very possible 5-1. But it was not to be. When you lose to the jags & Brownies,  your record is less important. 

I'm not sure I subscribe to all that, NFL is a brutally tough league, everyone can play.  If we come out of week 6 at 4-2 I still contend we are on schedule.  Let's hope!

35 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

I said it's not a must win but a gateway game meaning, it setting the stage for the next several games.  It allows for breathing room, where a loss puts you at 3-3 and then the season starts to become a real grind.

well there has been some back and forth in the thread on whether its must win.  the season isnt going to be over or anything but they could lose the fans and will be competing for a wild card at best

they have not looked like a playoff team for most of the season so far imo

8 hours ago, Rally5 said:

The "undefeated" Titans are getting by with smoke and mirrors.

We can beat them....twice...with a good playing D.

The Raiders can also be had. Pitt and the Ravens are probable L's as is Green Bay.

Just now, CanuckColt said:

The "undefeated" Titans are getting by with smoke and mirrors.

We can beat them....twice...with a good playing D.

The Raiders can also be had. Pitt and the Ravens are probable L's as is Green Bay.

You just never know it's week to week, 4-2 to me, is right where I would've expected us to be right now.  Yes, we can beat everyone in our division but only of we execute A LOT better. 

We Shoulda or at least Coulda been 6-0 with our soft early schedule. 

But 4-2 is better than 3-3. Only thing to do is look Forward.... Colts can lose to just about anyone but looking to tougher schedule ahead remember  we're capable of Beating anyone too.

That's the NFL,  games are played on field, not paper and the Football Gods can make anything happen if they want to. Lol.

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

But 4-2 is better than 3-3. Only thing to do is look Forward.... Colts can lose to just about anyone but looking to tougher schedule ahead remember  we're capable of Beating anyone too.

That's the NFL,  games are played on field, not paper and the Football Gods can make anything happen if they want to. Lol.

I think the colts are at best a 10-6 team at worst 7-9.  They are probably going to beat someone they shouldn’t but also lose to someone they shouldn’t(see the jags game week one). There season will be decided by which of those they have more of.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

6-2 is the magic number, since 2002 when the divisions realigned, teams that start 6-2 make the playoffs 85% of the time.

Archived