Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minshew

Moosejawcolt

2 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

The Colts are all about great QBs — Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and every other QB we play against.

I hate that in the deepest parts of my soul...I believe this...

We're a franchise that's always been blessed with QB's and questionable D's.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Tom Brady is a 6th round pick... let that sink in

Yeah and how many of those come along?  One in the whole history of the NFL. Minchew this year and last year looked like Marino against this D. He looks sub par against the league. This defence hss looked horrid for 2 years and the 1st game of this season. Let that sink in.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Yeah and how many of those come along?  One in the whole history of the NFL. Minchew this year and last year looked like Marino against this D. He looks sub par against the league. This defence hss looked horrid for 2 years and the 1st game of this season. Let that sink in.

Johnny U was a 9th round pick and was cut before he got to the Colts.  Kurt Warner was undrafted and playing in the AFL.  Bart Star was a 17th round draft pick.  Roger Staubach was a 10th round pick.  So it does happen.  

Do I think Minshew is one of those guys?  No.  Do I think he could be a Mark Rypien (6th round pick), Matt Hasselbeck (6th round pick), Brad Johnson (9th round pick), Marc Bulger (6th round pick), or Mark Brunell (5th round pick) yes I do.  

16 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

He was 19 for 20 and 3 tds. Let that sink in.  He is a 7th round pick. Nothing has changed with this D.  In fact I think they r getting worse.

He may be a 7th round pick but he's a second year NFL player whose stats were decent last year.  The Jags may have scored a hidden gem, kid looked very sharp and decisive.

Archived