Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Sign Donnie Avery

MTC

I like this pickup too. Like most have said, low risk high reward. Hopefully we hit on more of the high reward kind :).

This may also allow us to focus on the TE position. Look for Jeremy Shockey and/or Visanthe Shiancoe to be signed to the Colts next, LOL.

Well the problem is with Shockey is that if the Colts ever decide to go the bounty route, there is a possibility he would sell the team out! haha I kid, I kid. I honestly wouldn't mind Shiancoe. I remember tearing stuff up in Madden with him.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it.

For perspective:

Avery- 39 games 103rec 1308yds 12.7ypc 9TDs (Marc Bulger/Sam Bradford)

Garcon- 58 Games 188rec 2519yds 13.4ypc 16 TDs (Mostly Peyton Manning)

Gonzo-40games 99rec 1307yds 13.2ypc 7TDs (Mostly Peyton Manning

How many drops did Avery have? Thats the question. !!!!

Donnie going for 163 yards against the Patriots. Yes it was the year Brady was injured but it's still a nice video.

http://www.nfl.com/v...very-highlights

103 receptions for 1300+ yards stat wise total. If the guys healthy the Colts have a legitimate #2.

If he can return to that form we could have 3 solid WRs. Just need one more young guy for the future and depth.

That's because we typically had players guaranteed to start in those positions and we were looking for cheap backups. We've effectively lost front-line guys from last year all across the board (and particularly on offense).

Eh.....sometimes that happened.

But more times those cheap backups ended up being cheap, undertalented starters (cutting Kelvin Hayden and starting Jacob Lacey; cutting Bob Sanders then starting Joe Lefeged being two more recent examples).....and that's why we were the worst team in the NFL last year.

I like this pickup too. Like most have said, low risk high reward. Hopefully we hit on more of the high reward kind :).

This may also allow us to focus on the TE position. Look for Jeremy Shockey and/or Visanthe Shiancoe to be signed to the Colts next, LOL.

I wouldn't mind Shiancoe. I actually did not even know who Donnie Avery was until reading we signed him. Glad to see most reviews of him are positive. Love all these little cheap deals they are getting done! Hope it all works out, next year we will be in much better shape though!

Ugh....I don't know about those guys to be honest. Getting a little too old for my tastes. I wish we'd of went after Dreessen but we didn't. I'm basically banking on Fleener being there in round 2.

not sure if fleener is there but would definately snag at 34 and pick up a corner or nt in 3rd 4th grab a wr at 5th . just saying fleener makes sense with deep wr and dt this year

I don't believe in drafting strictly for need, especially in our present state, where we could upgrade at most any position.

However, if Fleener falls to us at 34, I'd bet he'll be the best talent available at any position, and we should take him. He'd be the BTA, at a position of need, at a position week in this years draft, and our other big needs are deep in this years draft.

Unfortunately, I think the Texans also need a TE now.

I don't believe in drafting strictly for need, especially in our present state, where we could upgrade at most any position.

However, if Fleener falls to us at 34, I'd bet he'll be the best talent available at any position, and we should take him. He'd be the BTA, at a position of need, at a position week in this years draft, and our other big needs are deep in this years draft.

Unfortunately, I think the Texans also need a TE now.

Do they? They still have Owen Daniels, right?

I would think they would go WR to complement Andre Johnson. They've needed that for years.

Do they? They still have Owen Daniels, right?

I would think they would go WR to complement Andre Johnson. They've needed that for years.

You may be right. I forgot about Daniels.

But they lost Dressen, and I believe another TE (don't recall his name).

So, I believe Daniels is the only one left on their roster.

You may be right. I forgot about Daniels.

But they lost Dressen, and I believe another TE (don't recall his name).

So, I believe Daniels is the only one left on their roster.

Yeah.....plus Daniels has battled an injury or 2. If Fleener is still available when the Texans pick, I could definitely see them grabbing him.

..yeah, I heard them talking 'bout this guy on the radio this morning. Really good deep threat speed wr right out of college and up until he got hurt. Then, it was slow to heal missed a whole season a better part of another. Back last season and just didn't see the field too much. Kids got a good heart and a lot to prove. Club friendly price. That Belichick sure is crafty..... wait a minute who we talkin' 'bout.

Now that I think about it they were talkin' about Gonzales. That's right, going to the Patriots.

Well, we replaced him and with the same hopes we had for him.

Let's see, kept Reggie, now all we need is a MHarrison facsimile.