Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mannings New Team

SubZero

The player that had it before was the Bronco's first QB and is still alive and gave the permission for that number to be worn by Manning

I thought it was nice that the player said he would be honored if Peyton would wear the number. Now that's class from a previous QB in my book.

I thought it was nice that the player said he would be honored if Peyton would wear the number. Now that's class from a previous QB in my book.

Agreed

I don't know if I like the fact they un-retired a number. Could be bad.

From what I've read on it, and the way Manning spoke about it, it would almost seem like an insult to Tripuka if he didn't honor his wish.

Agreed

From what I've read on it, and the way Manning spoke about it, it would almost seem like an insult to Tripuka if he didn't honor his wish.

that is what I took from it as well. Peyton started by saying it goes against everything he believes..... He seemed a little uncomfortable about it, to be honest

Agreed

Yeah. Tripuka offered without being asked and said he really wanted Peyton to wear it. It was one of the first things Peyton addressed in the news conference (which if you didn't see it was Peyton's usual classy performance...very respectful of everyone including Irsay and the Colts)

I heard from a league source that Elway had Frank Tripucka roughed up real bad. Nothing would stop Elway from getting his QB.

You ask and PFT covered it.

http://profootballta...stayed-retired/

I guess this is controversial now? *shrugs*

I thought that Florio was trying to stir up trouble for Peyton and the Broncos

unbelievable

I trust that the conversation between Manning and Tripucka was exactly as he said it was.

If my number was retired, I'd ask him to wear it

Makes it even more special imo

And makes Manning feel more welcomed by the whole of the Broncos organization. Really lovely gesture imo

But then, seems to me Florio really doesn't understand nice gestures and honest emotion

Not a fan of Florio

It really makes no difference, but I was hoping he would change numbers. New chapter in career, a new number thing that's all.

I must be frank, it's frustrating and irritating to hear the talk of winning "now" versus the talk of winning in the "future".

Well, he wears #18 in honor of his dad (who wore #8). So, I don't mind him carrying on that tradition. But, I know what you mean