The Pittsburgh Steelers select Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson

Here's my top 5 teams btw

1. Pittsburgh Steelers 

2. Atlanta Falcons 

3. Chicago Bears 

4. Jacksonville Jaguars 

5. LA Rams

Did Roethlisberger retire?   

Even if he did, Pittsburgh will still be close to a 500 team.   

Im almost afraid to ask,  but how did you conclude Pittsburgh will be picking first?

They were in a QB carousel last year and Big Ben's health is a major concern after being out last year. 

I could see him retiring very soon.

I just think they are due for awful year.

Besides it's rarely the same top 5 teams every year. 

The Bengals for example IMO will compete for WC spot with Burrow at the helm.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

They were in a QB carousel last year and Big Ben's health is a major concern after being out last year. 

I could see him retiring very soon.

I just think they are due for awful year.

Besides it's rarely the same top 5 teams every year. 

The Bengals for example IMO will compete for WC spot with Burrow at the helm.

Even if Ben misses every snap of every game,  there us still plenty if talent on that roster.   Could they finish 7-9?   Sure.    But that’s a long way from the worst record in football.   Same with the Rams.   A long way from lucking bottom 5. 

7 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

If Cincy drafts Burrow like they should I bet they win more than 7 games 

Have you looked at who they play? I give them 5 wins at most. I would say they might beat Jax, Miami, Washington, NYG, and LAC. They might get lucky and swap one of those for a division game like Cleveland or Pittsburgh, but I just don't see them getting more than 7 wins like you expect. Remember when the Colts drafted Manning and went 3-13 his rookie year? Cincinnati is a horrible franchise with an owner committed to mediocrity. Burrow may be good but I don't think he is good enough to elevate Cincy that much.

1 minute ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Have you looked at who they play? I give them 5 wins at most. I would say they might beat Jax, Miami, Washington, NYG, and LAC. They might get lucky and swap one of those for a division game like Cleveland or Pittsburgh, but I just don't see them getting more than 7 wins like you expect. Remember when the Colts drafted Manning and went 3-13 his rookie year? Cincinnati is a horrible franchise with an owner committed to mediocrity. Burrow may be good but I don't think he is good enough to elevate Cincy that much.

Remember how awful the Colts were before starting Luck?

They went 11-5 the next year.

Great QBs can completely change a franchise 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Remember how awful the Colts were before starting Luck?

They went 11-5 the next year.

Great QBs can completely change a franchise 

Well we can always come back at the end of the season and see who was right. But look at their opponents for this season and tell me where you get more than 7 wins. I would like to see who you think they are going to beat this year.

1 minute ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Well we can always come back at the end of the season and see who was right. But look at their opponents for this season and tell me where you get more than 7 wins. I would like to see who you think they are going to beat this year.

I see 7 and that's about it. That team has a lot of holes.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see 7 and that's about it. That team has a lot of holes.

I just don't see how they get to 7. That's the fun of the offseason though, we can all speculate and give our opinions. I think this will be a fun thread to look back on at the end of the season. If I'm wrong I'll be happy to admit it and then make my 2021 predictions.

Just now, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I just don't see how they get to 7. That's the fun of the offseason though, we can all speculate and give our opinions. I think this will be a fun thread to look back on at the end of the season. If I'm wrong I'll be happy to admit it and then make my 2021 predictions.

Burrow had one of the best college seasons ever but I still don't think he is as good as Luck was by the eye test. Luck's Colts went 11-5 his rookie season. I think it's reasonable to think that a Burrow led team can get them 7 wins if he stays healthy. That is pushing it but possible.

Thinking about it now, I think either the Chargers or the Skins will get the #1 pick in 2021.

1 hour ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

That’s the thing though IMO. That offense is filled with playmakers. The QB room was what held the team back. Giving them a good QB like Burrow, that offense will be very successful. They’re better off than people think

59 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

My contenders for the #1 pick in 2121, in no particular order

Carolina

Jacksonville

Chargers

Detroit

Washington

NY Giants

That's 101 years from now.  Not sure if those teams will still be in their same cities by then.

5 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

That’s the thing though IMO. That offense is filled with playmakers. The QB room was what held the team back. Giving them a good QB like Burrow, that offense will be very successful. They’re better off than people think

It still goes back to my question who do you see them beating on the schedule? In their division they will be predicted to finish last. Pittsburgh will be improved with Big Ben returning, Cleveland will be expected to be better, and Baltimore is probably considered to be the 2nd best team in the AFC. They play the AFC South and I think most everyone would agree that other than the Jax game the Bengals will be expected to lose. Their NFC opponents are the NFC East so I gave them 2 wins there. They also play the Chargers who depending on who they have at QB could be a win and the Miami Dolphins who played much better last year than everyone expected. I just don't see where there are more than 5 wins on their schedule this season even with Joe Burrow.

Archived