Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard switched it up

csmopar

25 minutes ago, DougDew said:

If he wanted to field a competent team next season, he had to fill two big holes in the starting line up.  That isn't really the result of executing a strategy.

I guess "have to" is relative.  He didn't have to do any of it.  He could retire and become a salesman at Best Buy.

:scratch:

56 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Of coarse it was a strategy.   

I too can play word games if you like.

After getting backed into a corner, there is a certain "strategy" needed to get yourself out of the corner. 

When drowning, there is a certain strategy employed to keep your head above water for a while. 

1 hour ago, ponyboy said:

Where did you come up with this?  So, 70% of the NFL has been risking suspension this whole time?  It can't be anything even close to that. 

I would guess 70% was a conservative estimate...even with risking suspension. Now that they won't be suspended for it, I would estimate close to 100% will be partaking in the marijuanas

20 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

No team with Phillip Rivers as a quarterback is a Superbowl contender until he proves he can manage to not choke in big situations for the first time in his entire career.

I don't believe that.   I got tired of people saying the same about Manning for years.   It's a team sport.

I don't know that the Colts will go far in the playoffs, but they can now compete for the division title and a home playoff game.  

No team with Phillip Rivers as a quarterback is a Superbowl contender until he proves he can manage to not choke in big situations for the first time in his entire career.

I don't believe that.   I got tired of people saying the same about Manning for years.   It's a team sport.

I don't know that the Colts will go far in the playoffs, but they can now compete for the division title and a home playoff game.  

Oops.  Duplicate

45 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

I would guess 70% was a conservative estimate...even with risking suspension. Now that they won't be suspended for it, I would estimate close to 100% will be partaking in the marijuanas

I'm guessing it was around 50% last year and will rise to around 65%.   

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

I too can play word games if you like.

After getting backed into a corner, there is a certain "strategy" needed to get yourself out of the corner. 

When drowning, there is a certain strategy employed to keep your head above water for a while. 

He was far from drowning.   The only glaring needs on this roster were QB and DT.  He had many options.    He could have had Bridgewater,  Foles, Cam, Winston and a few other options.    He could have gone after Reader or Hargrave in free agency as well.   He and the front office obviously had a plan.    The fact you can't admit that isn't surprising

On 3/17/2020 at 5:50 PM, Imgrandojji said:

ballard is proving he's a complete GM, who can attack a problem more than 1 way.

There's a time to fold and a time to go all in.  Ballard has proven he knows the difference between the two.

Make no mistake this is not a 7-9 team, we had a run of insanely bad luck, and before that we were fighting for the #2 seed.  Being a buyer was the right call.

Not too happy about Rivers, because I personally consider him extremely unreliable in pressure situations, but at least I see what Ballard is trying to do.

we will win our division with rivers, especially since watson no longer has hopkins to bail him out

1 hour ago, WifiGuy said:

I like pot 

I do too but it’s illegal in my state. Until that’s different I don’t risk it anymore. Been years since I have but I know a lot of people that smoke anyways.  What’s crazy is I live 20min from the state line so it wouldn’t be difficult to get. 

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I do too but it’s illegal in my state. Until that’s different I don’t risk it anymore. Been years since I have but I know a lot of people that smoke anyways.  What’s crazy is I live 20min from the state line so it wouldn’t be difficult to get. 

I m that guy in a van down by the river

2 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

we will win our division with rivers, especially since watson no longer has hopkins to bail him out

I do like us for the division, especially because we're not fully dependent on Rivers being vintage Rivers to be effective.  If he starts getting the yips Reich will probably force him to hand the ball away, so that's good.

Ballard's decision to sign Rivers and Buckner was a risky but calculated. 

There is NO WAY he would roll the dice with Brissett after his poor showing in the second half of the season. Brissett's problem is developmental and not physical. It is in his head and not his arm or legs. This is hard to predict if he will develop regardless if you believe in him. He need to give Reich a go-to guy just in case, and Rivers is the answer. Ballard will keep Brissett, it only cost out of pocket $8million more. Get rid of Hoyer. The guy is a loser. 

Now focus on WR, TE and RB,OL Depth.  Sign some veteran WR and TE to work with Phil.  Let them go to Florida and throw and catch with Phil this spring. Let Reggie work with Phil some.

On 3/17/2020 at 4:23 PM, PeterBowman said:

that and the chance to get an absolute young stud game wrecker at an extreme position of need. 

We were NOT getting a "young stud game wrecker" at #13.

If you are referring to Jerkhead Love...."Jordan Love has a great physical skill set, but he has poor pocket awareness and field vision."

15 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

We were NOT getting a "young stud game wrecker" at #13.

If you are referring to Jerkhead Love...."Jordan Love has a great physical skill set, but he has poor pocket awareness and field vision."

Should've made it more clear.....the stud game wrecker I meant to say was getting Buckner. 

Archived