Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Testing and On-Field Drills Thread - Day 1 - WR/TE/QB

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Didn't he look athletic and mobile on tape to you? 

Sure, but it was hard to really get a feel for his speed against lower level competition, and he didn't exactly run away from anyone. I figured he'd run an average 40, sub 4.7 is pretty good. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Superman said:

Sure, but it was hard to really get a feel for his speed against lower level competition, and he didn't exactly run away from anyone. I figured he'd run an average 40, sub 4.7 is pretty good. 

It actually came out that the official time is 4.74, not under 4.7. 

1 hour ago, CamMo said:

This was my first time ever watching the combine on TV. As someone who doesn’t sit and pick apart QBs, I actually thought Jalen Hurts looked good. Kinda surprised they weren’t talking about him more.

They were, on NFL Network. They felt some team is going to get a solid starter in Hurts. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

This is rich lol...

So what does the above have to do with your choice of topic (bolded). It doesn't. Kinlaw's knee, Burrow, Tua, Jefferson, Mahomes, etc have zero to do with fans using Twitter. Again, you're simply deflecting and spinning.

You called me out for my use of the word empirical. I provided clear definition that my use was spot on, and yours was incorrect. Since then you've jumped several degrees of separation. You're simply unhappy that some of your "predictions" and previous favs aren't looking so hot, and are doing what you normally do to diminish reality.... 

Sorry to break "your rules" lol. And you want to talk abut ego lol.

I guess you never understood my very first post before you decided to comment.  I'll rewrite it, using a more detailed, but longer, version of the same thought:

It's nice to have threads where forum members post actual combine numbers...sort of the point of the combine....like Jefferson running a 4.44.......... 

..........But too bad that it gets cluttered up with the posting of select twitter comments over judgmental things like "struggled to throw" or "too comfortable" in interviews....which do nothing more than support a precombine opinion formed two months ago, in which that is nothing more than the continuation of peppering every thread with the same opinion validation tactics as if every thing written is being judged by the high school debate team.

OTOH.  NVM

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I guess you never understood my very first post before you decided to comment.  I'll rewrite it, using a more detailed, but longer, version of the same thought:

It's nice to have threads where forum members post actual combine numbers...sort of the point of the combine....like Jefferson running a 4.44.......... 

..........But too bad that it gets cluttered up with the posting of select twitter comments over judgmental things like "struggled to throw" or "too comfortable" in interviews....which do nothing more than support a precombine opinion formed two months ago, in which that is nothing more than the continuation of peppering every thread with the same opinion validation tactics as if every thing written is being judged by the high school debate team.

The combine is useful...as it pertains to QBs...to get information that we don't already have.  Like Fromm's measurements.  We already have three years of game tape on how he throws.  Pointing it out in the combine is just part of the perpetual debate tactic. 

Love's physical numbers and combine performance, which we already know about, gives us no more insight into the interception problem.  And the tweet about Eason's too comfortable appearance in interviews was just plain dumb.  I saw that pointless chatter right off, and posted my comment about the twitter observations within seconds. 

If you need some sort of validation for my opinion from a credentialed source, as a high school debate like reference, then read this link from a professional pundit who somehow had to spend a whole day figuring it out.  Read the comments about Love and Eason and how he says the same thing.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/2/27/21156600/2020-nfl-combine-results-quarterbacks

The "struggled to throw" comment was based on what was clearly visible to even an untrained eye. And it's very much counter to what some on the site have said... There's nothing wrong with that evaluation. He simply looked bad to everyone watching.

The "too comfortable" comment, was diminished by me specifically in an early post, so not sure why you'd argue that...

By the way, in terms of "validation for your opinion from a credentialed source". Did you check out the 2 writers "credited" with that piece lol...  

morgan-moriarty.jpeg.256x256_q100_crop-s

26952272_739174442947172_530551331351592

7 hours ago, Zoltan said:

you reminded me of this, so I decided to look whatever happened with the charges. Turns out they didn’t have any weed or paraphernalia, they tested positive for inactive THC meaning they have used it in the past. The question for me in the interview is how much and how often does he smoke. 

aside from that I learned that Utah States head coach is Gary Johnson which is funny because he was the HC of Oregon State when I went there and he was a disaster as a coach offense was completely predictable. He was so bad when him and the school split he gave money back to the school haha

I dont care bout the coaches.  I am talking bout him using weed.  People want to sweep it under the rug. Kelly has issues but he can b discarded at no cost.  

22 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I dont care bout the coaches.  I am talking bout him using weed.  People want to sweep it under the rug. Kelly has issues but he can b discarded at no cost.  

The coach thing was more of a funny occurrence seeing where he moved on too. But seriously it was embarrassing going to the games and watching how bad he was.

I’m 100% sure it comes up during his team interviews. I don’t know what Kelly has to do with it, of course he has had plenty of off-field issues

22 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

While I wish he had made a better decision (not smoking), it's not something that's going to effect his stock much if at all. I'm sure he's coached on what ot say during interviews. Heck, the new CBA even removes penalties for positives on weed IIRC. He's the son of a cop, so doubt he's all Ricky Williams all the time.

11 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

The coach thing was more of a funny occurrence seeing where he moved on too. But seriously it was embarrassing going to the games and watching how bad he was.

I’m 100% sure it comes up during his team interviews. I don’t know what Kelly has to do with it, of course he has had plenty of off-field issues

I was making reference to Kelly because he only cost the Colts a few hundred grand.  People here have no issue with thr Coltd using a 13th overall pick on Love.  Hell some even want to move up and get him.

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

While I wish he had made a better decision (not smoking), it's not something that's going to effect his stock much if at all. I'm sure he's coached on what ot say during interviews. Heck, the new CBA even removes penalties for positives on weed IIRC. He's the son of a cop, so doubt he's all Ricky Williams all the time.

To some teams....agreed.  I think it  Reich it matters

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I was making reference to Kelly because he only cost the Colts a few hundred grand.  People here have no issue with thr Coltd using a 13th overall pick on Love.  Hell some even want to move up and get him.

I just don’t trust Kelly, trespassing and assault charges aren’t what you want as a starting QB, shoot if he was the starter and was successful, he might start partying again and get in another bar fight. Just another Johnny Football

17 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

To some teams....agreed.  I think it  Reich it matters

What specifically about Reich makes you think it would matter that much? He's a pastor that I'm sure preaches forgive and forget. As long as Love interviews well (and most think he did), shouldn't be an issue.

He's also running a rehab for his buddy's nephew, so he's a hypocrite if he is overly hard on Love. 

I think I posted the video in this thread of Jordan Palmer talking to pat mcafee about love. He said when your a first rd QB playing with no draftable guys the INT happen because your coach tells you to go out there and sling it. . Also your always playing catch up so you have to throw it and take more chances.  What’s great about love is he takes blame for all of it. 

18 hours ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Very impressed by Herbert, Lamb, and Jeudy. As of now especially with the injury concerns of some of the other prospects here are my top three options at 13.

1. Justin Herbert 

2. Jerry Jeudy 

3. CeeDee Lamb

On 2/28/2020 at 9:17 PM, EastStreet said:

What specifically about Reich makes you think it would matter that much? He's a pastor that I'm sure preaches forgive and forget. As long as Love interviews well (and most think he did), shouldn't be an issue.

He's also running a rehab for his buddy's nephew, so he's a hypocrite if he is overly hard on 

Goodell: " with the 13th pick in the draft the Colts pick Cee Cee Lamb

Goodell: " with the 14th pick in the drsft the Buccaneers pick Jordan Love".

Tick...tock!!!! Get your popcorn ready if that scenario played out. Ballard would go from God like status to Grigson status in a matter of  2 seconds

14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Goodell: " with the 13th pick in the draft the Colts pick Cee Cee Lamb

Goodell: " with the 14th pick in the drsft the Buccaneers pick Jordan Love".

Tick...tock!!!! Get your popcorn ready if that scenario played out. Ballard would go from God like status to Grigson status in a matter of  2 seconds

If he picked up Carr or Rivers, and did the above, I wouldn't be mad. If he stands pat at QB and does the above, yup, Grigson status.

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If he picked up Carr or Rivers, and did the above, I wouldn't be mad. If he stands pat at QB and does the above, yup, Grigson status.

Honestly, i would just as soon give Brissett another year.  Draft a guy who needs development. If Brissett sucks and the qb we picked this year shows no signs of growth then move up next year.

2 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Honestly, i would just as soon give Brissett another year.  Draft a guy who needs development. If Brissett sucks and the qb we picked this year shows no signs of growth then move up next year.

JB would likely improve a bit, but his ceiling is simply too low. Not a fan of death by a thousand cuts. I prefer to just rip the band-aid off. I'll cheer for him if he's under center this year, and watch every game, but my level of excitement and interest will take a huge hit.  

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

JB would likely improve a bit, but his ceiling is simply too low. Not a fan of death by a thousand cuts. I prefer to just rip the band-aid off. I'll cheer for him if he's under center this year, and watch every game, but my level of excitement and interest will take a huge hit.  

U rip off the band aid and u may also bleed to death.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want a football junkie for a QB, Peyton was his whole career and IMO Luck was until all the injuries started happening. When Luck kept having nagging injuries is when he started to lose love for the game, just IMO. Love seems like he loves the game hearing him speak. 

Br all accounts Love is.

Archived