Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Testing and On-Field Drills Thread - Day 1 - WR/TE/QB

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Nice backpedal try.  Its not working. 

If you're talking about QBs at a combine, empirical data would be height, weight, hand size....and the actual throwing data would be velocity and rotation.  

The other stuff is just garbage the opinionated types have already seen on tape.  

LOL... I probably provide more data/facts than 99% of those on the board. But hey, keep touting your "data" and "analytics" expertise.

here's the definition of "empirical" evidence.

Empirical evidence is the information received by means of the senses, particularly by observation and documentation of patterns and behavior through experimentation.

Throwing patterns can be observed, documented, and reported. 

But hey, defy definition if you want.. 

WR group 2 unofficial 40 times

Jauan Jennings  4.73    4.73

Jerry Jeudy  4.46     4.52

Juwan Johnson  4.59     4.62

CeeDee Lamb  4.51    4.51 

Kalija Lipscomb  4.58     4.58

Austin Mack  4.62     4.60

Denzel Mims  4.40     4.39

Darnell Mooney  4.38     4.43

K.J. Osborn  4.48     4.49

Aaron Parker  4.57     4.62

Dezmon Patmon  4.51     4.49

Donovan Peoples-Jones  4.56     4.48

Malcolm Perry  4.63     4.65

Michael Pittman Jr  4.52     4.54

Jalen Raegor  4.47     4.50

Joe Reed  4.51     4.47

Kendrick Rogers  4.52     4.57

Henry Ruggs III  4.28     4.31

Laviska Shenault Jr  4.59     (no second run?)

Freddie Swain  4.46     4.50

Jeff Thomas  4.46     4.51

Binjimen Victor  4.63     4.61

Quez Watkins  4.36     4.38

Cody White  4.70     4.67

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

LOL... I probably provide more data/facts than 99% of those on the board. But hey, keep touting your "data" and "analytics" expertise.

here's the definition of "empirical" evidence.

Throwing patterns can be observed, documented, and reported. 

But hey, defy definition if you want.. 

LOL.  Its only useful evidence if its objective.  "Empirical" evidence gathered by twitter reporters with their own eyes, and dispensed sporatically, is opinionated evidence, not empirical evidence.

But, please keep trying to sound smart.

We were here to see height, weight, hand size, velocity, and rotation.  The other "empirical" evidence we've already seen on game tape.  And everybody has interpreted that "empirical" evidence their own way, at least those who choose to have an opinion about it.

Just now, DougDew said:

LOL.  Its only useful evidence if its objective.  "Empirical" evidence gathered by twitter reporters with their own eyes, and dispensed sporatically, is opinionated evidence, not empirical evidence.

But, please keep trying to sound smart.

We were here to see height, weight, hand size, velocity, and rotation.  The other "empirical" evidence we've already seen on game tape.  And everybody has interpreted that "empirical" evidence their own way, at least those who choose to have an opinion about it.

Not trying to sound smart. I just provided a simple and accepted definition that clearly countered your description of empirical evidence. Perhaps you should simply be more accurate. 

You're well known for deflecting, moving the goal posts, etc., same here. You said something isn't empirical, which by definition, you're incorrect. Now you're moving to another tangent. You've criticized use of stats, favoring "your eye test", but now criticize other's eye test that are likely more suited and experienced than your own. You certainly can disagree with others, and that's fine. 

And game tape itself is not empirical. It's the data that is gathered and document from the tape that's empirical. A simple eye test is not empirical. If anything is subjective and opinionated, it's you. Twitter bots using RAS or other grading sources to make their point is far more objective than your typical opinion or eye test.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I think very few are saying that lol. Sure there's a few founding members of the Fromm fan club on here, but the polls have been pretty clear. 

But yes, he's exactly who I thought he was. I'd bet I've watched more UGA games than just about anyone here (unless they also live in the South and are UGA fans). There's a large portion of UGA fans that wished they'd stayed with either Eason or Fields. The coaches loved him, but the fans not so much. Probably cost them a shot at a natty. 

Too far over your skis once again.

That large fan group over in Athens (hmmm guess where I live..about 100 miles from the stadium) are plain wrong, and probably biased about other things.

I'm not a UGA fan, too old to change my allegiances, but Kirby Smart (who isn't, but is a Legacy Bulldog) cost UGA the natty, in part by holding back Fromm due to his conservative philosophy.

UGA is the last major SEC team that is still old school.  Smash mouth defense and running game.  Even Saban has moved on to more speed and athleticism on offense.  Even the offensive players that UGA sends to the NFL under Isntsmart, not many compared to their defense, are smash mouth OLs and RBs...Gurley, Chubb (Gore clones).  Michel was underutilized and D'Andre Smith was used a runner first and not a multi threat like he can be in the NFL. 

UGAs shortcomings have #Isn'tsmart's footprint all over them.

Nice thread here.  Didn't mean to strike a nerve with the fake twitter bot opinion/evidence call out.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Too far over your skis once again.

That large fan group over in Athens (hmmm guess where I live..about 100 miles from the stadium) are plain wrong, and probably biased about other things.

I'm not a UGA fan, too old to change my allegiances, but Kirby Smart (who isn't, but is a Legacy Bulldog) cost UGA the natty, in part by holding back Fromm due to his conservative philosophy.

UGA is the last major SEC team that is still old school.  Smash mouth defense and running game.  Even Saban has moved on to more speed and athleticism on offense.  Even the offensive players that UGA sends to the NFL under Isntsmart, not many compared to their defense, are smash mouth OLs and RBs...Gurley, Chubb (Gore clones).  Michel was underutilized and D'Andre Smith was used a runner first and not a multi threat like he can be in the NFL. 

UGAs shortcomings have #Isn'tsmart's footprint all over them.

Nice thread here.  Didn't mean to strike a nerve with the fake twitter bot opinion/evidence call out.

I live less than 60 miles from Sanford, so what's your point? I'm not a UGA fan, but most of my friends here are, and I've seen several of Fromm's games in person, and a lot more on TV. Doesn't really matter though... But hey, go ahead and discount the majority of UGA fans. Your opinion is clearly better than fans that watch every game... And by the way, if you know a lot of UGA fans, you'd know they don't like Kirby's O either. They can dislike his O and Fromm's limitations at the same time. 

This is a great example though of you looking silly in one debate, and then trying to jump off to another topic... keep doing you.

Archived