Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Testing and On-Field Drills Thread - Day 1 - WR/TE/QB

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

He will be year 4 QB with 0 starts while playing behind giants of the QB position like Jacoby Brissett, Brian Hoyer, Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Kevin Hogan and Case Keenum? How much more ready can he get? And why has he not become ready in 4 years? 

It's different because of difference in talent and in difference in development. Kelly was drafted in R7 and hasn't sniffed the field for teams with bad QB situations for 3 years. There is a reason for that. If you draft a QB high, this means he has superior talent and he will get the time to develop because there will be some upside and there will be more resources invested in him. Kelly will be 26 in a month and will be 4th year QB in the league. He's had plenty of time in the league to show he deserves a starting spot. 

No, all that is your opinion. Kelly HAS been a knucklehead. That has nothing to do with potential but has everything to do with potentially not getting a true shot as of yet. Ballard himself said it as such. Last year was about keeping clean and working behind the scenes. Denver just gave up on this kid way too early. And as far as draft position that means squat and you know it. Brady as the cliche example. 

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, stitches said:

Not in this draft. at 34 you will get WRs that in most years would go in the 1st. I like Kmet but I probably wouldn't spend 34 on him. 

You know. I went back and thought about this a LOT. ROI for early 2nd and late 1st rounders typically depends on how many downs they can give you and how well you think they will play in your system. Darius Leonard, for his role in our D, and Braden Smith, for his role on our OL, are all examples of those.

Along the same lines, the ROI for an all round TE like Cole Kmet far exceeds the ROI of a late 1st round WR to me, given the number of roles and downs a TE like him plays. So, I still stick with my gut feeling to go with a TE that has the ability to be a Gronk like stud that is Cole Kmet with pick No.34. He will contribute quicker and be productive longer than any other 4-year rookie we will draft at that point. Plus, in an offense that features the TE like ours, he will play an invaluable part. He is the best TE in this class and it would be terrific if we can land him at No.34 if he is there.

#1 TE or #4/#5 WR at No.34, no brainer to me.

15 minutes ago, stitches said:

We will have 2M dead cap money and we will save about 3M for this year. IMO if we draft a QB high, he will very likely be gone. Either him or Jacoby(if in addition to a rookie we have someone like Rivers for example). 

Thanks for that but it's clear you and I are never going to see the same logic here regarding this QB thing. We will have to let it play out. No way JB is here if Rivers or any FA comes here with a pedigree like Rivers. Not a chance and if Colts get rid of Kelly for a rookie QB who needs to be developed I will seriously question the power at the top. If you could step away from whatever disdain you have for Kelly and see the bigger logic here you'd get it,  but you are hell bent on drafting this guy, so good luck. I hope the top 5 picks are all QBs just to shut this nonsense down and I promise Im not majorly against any rookie and majorly for Kelly. It's the logic in thinking that has warped me

2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

No, all that is your opinion. Kelly HAS been a knucklehead. That has nothing to do with potential but has everything to do with potentially not getting a true shot as of yet. Ballard himself said it as such. Last year was about keeping clean and working behind the scenes. Denver just gave up on this kid way too early. And as far as draft position that means squat and you know it. Brady as the cliche example. 

No it's not all my opinion - most of those are facts and there are a few of my opinions in there based on those facts. Pre-draft evaluation can only get you so far. At some point you have to show what you can do in this league. My whole post was precisely about Kelly not having shown anything in the league to justify harboring any major hopes for him at this point. I don't mind him being on the roster. He played well in pre-season I think he can turn into a good back up in time. But lets see him first beat JB and Brian Hoyer for snaps before we make decisions about our 1st round picks based on his existence...  

7 minutes ago, stitches said:

No it's not all my opinion - most of those are facts and there are a few of my opinions in there based on those facts. Pre-draft evaluation can only get you so far. At some point you have to show what you can do in this league. My whole post was precisely about Kelly not having shown anything in the league to justify harboring any major hopes for him at this point. I don't mind him being on the roster. He played well in pre-season I think he can turn into a good back up in time. But lets see him first beat JB and Brian Hoyer for snaps before we make decisions about our 1st round picks based on his existence...  

But stitches he wasn't going to beat JB last year, nobody was as Colts wanted him to have a true non interrupted shot. And he wasn't going to displace Hoyer for 9 million apparent reasons. I think he would've been more prevalent except for the two game suspension right off the bat which is why the colts got Hoyer. 

17 minutes ago, Indeee said:

@stitches @Superman what are cap implications or negatives in releasing Hoyer now or start of league year as he has 2 yrs. left on current deal?

His 2020 salary and roster bonus goes guaranteed at some point in March, I assume a few days into the new league year. If he's released before that, we have a $2m cap penalty in 2020. If he's released after that, we have a $6m cap penalty. If he's traded after that, a $2m-$4m cap penalty, depending on the terms of the trade. 

I figure if they sign another QB early in FA, Hoyer is gone. If they plan to draft one, Hoyer will be gone. If Hoyer is still on the roster in April, look out...

29 minutes ago, stitches said:

He will be year 4 QB with 0 starts while playing behind giants of the QB position like Jacoby Brissett, Brian Hoyer, Brock Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Kevin Hogan and Case Keenum? How much more ready can he get? And why has he not become ready in 4 years? 

It's different because of difference in talent and in difference in development. Kelly was drafted in R7 and hasn't sniffed the field for teams with bad QB situations for 3 years. There is a reason for that. If you draft a QB high, this means he has superior talent and he will get the time to develop because there will be some upside and there will be more resources invested in him. Kelly will be 26 in a month and will be 4th year QB in the league. He's had plenty of time in the league to show he deserves a starting spot. 

Ballard has made it perfectly clear about Kelly, he says he has to earn the trust of the organization before he gets his shot.  He has not said what Kelly needs to do to earn that trust or if there is a deadline, he earns the trust by this date.

8 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Thanks for that but it's clear you and I are never going to see the same logic here regarding this QB thing. We will have to let it play out. No way JB is here if Rivers or any FA comes here with a pedigree like Rivers.

I agree with the last part. If we get another starter JB will most likely be gone. If we don't get another QB in FA/trade and we draft a QB, then Hoier is gone. 

Not a chance and if Colts get rid of Kelly for a rookie QB who needs to be developed I will seriously question the power at the top.

That's alright. They won't get rid off him. They will try to stash him on the practice squad or if they really like his progress they might keep him on the 53. We kept 4 RBs for half a year on the 53 with one of them not sniffing the field in any game, we can handle keeping 3QBs. 

If you could step away from whatever disdain you have for Kelly and see the bigger logic here you'd get it,  but you are hell bent on drafting this guy, so good luck. I hope the top 5 picks are all QBs just to shut this nonsense down and I promise Im not majorly against any rookie and majorly for Kelly. It's the logic in thinking that has warped me

What? Why does everything have to be personal? What disdain? I have no disdain for Kelly. This is the same nonsense that we went through with JB when we(the people who were pointing out his limitations and faults) were being accused of having something personal against him. Because I don't believe in his talent as much as you do, doesn't mean I hate the guy. I actually would much rather have him as our back up than Hoyer for example. I love it that he seems to be on the right path and has been clean since he's gotten on our roster. Props to him and wish him nothing but the best. I just don't think he's talented enough to enter into consideration when deciding whether we should take a QB high in the draft or not. 

25 minutes ago, Superman said:

His 2020 salary and roster bonus goes guaranteed at some point in March, I assume a few days into the new league year. If he's released before that, we have a $2m cap penalty in 2020. If he's released after that, we have a $6m cap penalty. If he's traded after that, a $2m-$4m cap penalty, depending on the terms of the trade. 

I figure if they sign another QB early in FA, Hoyer is gone. If they plan to draft one, Hoyer will be gone. If Hoyer is still on the roster in April, look out...

Thanks for that

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

I agree with the last part. If we get another starter JB will most likely be gone. If we don't get another QB in FA/trade and we draft a QB, then Hoier is gone. 

That's alright. They won't get rid off him. They will try to stash him on the practice squad or if they really like his progress they might keep him on the 53. We kept 4 RBs for half a year on the 53 with one of them not sniffing the field in any game, we can handle keeping 3QBs. 

What? Why does everything have to be personal? What disdain? I have no disdain for Kelly. This is the same nonsense that we went through with JB when we(the people who were pointing out his limitations and faults) were being accused of having something personal against him. Because I don't believe in his talent as much as you do, doesn't mean I hate the guy. I actually would much rather have him as our back up than Hoyer for example. I love it that he seems to be on the right path and has been clean since he's gotten on our roster. Props to him and wish him nothing but the best. I just don't think he's talented enough to enter into consideration when deciding whether we should take a QB high in the draft or not. 

My apologies as my assessment is only based on how you've been pumping up the Love. Even if you did/do have disdain for any player, my debates with you are not intended personal as everyone has right to their own beliefs/ opinion. Maybe the use of the word disdain was a poor choice.  Peace

24 minutes ago, Superman said:

I figure if they sign another QB early in FA, Hoyer is gone.

IMO it depends on the level of QB. If it's a Rivers type that will be sure starter, IMO it's more likely that Brissett is gone than Hoyer. If it's reclamation project who might or might not start(Mariota), then Hoyer is probably gone.

If they plan to draft one, Hoyer will be gone.

If we only draft a QB and don't get Rivers type, yes, Hoyer will be gone. 

If Hoyer is still on the roster in April, look out...

What do you mean by that last part? What to you expect to happen if Hoyer is on the roster in April? 

7 minutes ago, Indeee said:

My apologies as my assessment is only based on how you've been pumping up the Love. Even if you did/do have disdain for any player, my debates with you are not intended personal as everyone has right to their own beliefs/ opinion. Maybe the use of the word disdain was a poor choice.  Peace

Cheers :cheers:

15 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

LOL

This, I mean, my gut tells me they are doing everything to steer us towards the impression we are interested in Jordan Love more than any other QB that could be available close to No.13.

I stand by saying that they are interested in Herbert far more than they are letting on. Like I said, a gut feeling. :) 

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

IMO it depends on the level of QB. If it's a Rivers type that will be sure starter, IMO it's more likely that Brissett is gone than Hoyer. If it's reclamation project who might or might not start(Mariota), then Hoyer is probably gone.

If we only draft a QB and don't get Rivers type, yes, Hoyer will be gone. 

What do you mean by that last part? What to you expect to happen if Hoyer is on the roster in April? 

1-2) I don't think Hoyer figures into the plans either way. Even if a Rivers-type signing means JB is gone, I still think Hoyer goes. And I would still expect a drafted QB in 2020 (I think I want that to happen regardless.) 

3) Revolt. If they keep Hoyer, it could signal they aren't drafting a QB this year, which is a bad decision, IMO.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

This, I mean, my gut tells me they are doing everything to steer us towards the impression we are interested in Jordan Love more than any other QB that could be available close to No.13.

I stand by saying that they are interested in Herbert far more than they are letting on. 

They should be VERY interested in Herbert. And Love. I don't know how they'll stack those two, but both of them would be great additions for us.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

1-2) I don't think Hoyer figures into the plans either way. Even if a Rivers-type signing means JB is gone, I still think Hoyer goes. And I would still expect a drafted QB in 2020 (I think I want that to happen regardless.) 

3) Revolt. If they keep Hoyer, it could signal they aren't drafting a QB this year, which is a bad decision, IMO.

Thanks for the clarification. I can see a situation where Hoyer stays as QB2 behind Rivers-type and in front of a rookie who's not ready. Like... Love. They might want to make sure that they don't HAVE to put the new guy in before he's ready in case of an injury of the starter. 

51 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You know. I went back and thought about this a LOT. ROI for early 2nd and late 1st rounders typically depends on how many downs they can give you and how well you think they will play in your system. Darius Leonard, for his role in our D, and Braden Smith, for his role on our OL, are all examples of those.

Along the same lines, the ROI for an all round TE like Cole Kmet far exceeds the ROI of a late 1st round WR to me, given the number of roles and downs a TE like him plays. So, I still stick with my gut feeling to go with a TE that has the ability to be a Gronk like stud that is Cole Kmet with pick No.34. He will contribute quicker and be productive longer than any other 4-year rookie we will draft at that point. Plus, in an offense that features the TE like ours, he will play an invaluable part. He is the best TE in this class and it would be terrific if we can land him at No.34 if he is there.

#1 TE or #4/#5 WR at No.34, no brainer to me.

I disagree about the relative value of WR vs TE. And I disagree about the relative value between WR5 in this draft specifically vs TE1 in this draft. I will probably have 10-15 WRs before I have my TE1 on my board. 

I will take Reagor, Mims, Higgins, Jefferson, Shenault, Hamler, Aiyuk... before I take Kmet I think. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Thanks for the clarification. I can see a situation where Hoyer stays as QB2 behind Rivers-type and in front of a rookie who's not ready. Like... Love. They might want to make sure that they don't HAVE to put the new guy in before he's ready in case of an injury of the starter. 

I feel like I'd rather have Kelly in that spot, tbh. I don't know that they would commit another $4m to Hoyer.

From what I can gather after watching the combine and reading the results, it looks like Herbert and Love were the big winners from the combine. I'd also tag in Tua since the doctors proved his hip is healed. 

Fromm and Eason on the other hand didn't look too good, but it's the combine. They could still end up being decent QBs. 

@Superman here is a question for you now that I have seen your position on taking a QB in the draft, assumingly at 13 as you mentioned Herbert and Love.

Question PERTAINING ONLY TO 2020 COLTS Position: What's better?

Taking a QB (Herbert or Love) who will need time to develop, maybe will bust, maybe not and will be throwing to a bunch of JAGS. Meaning having no true skill players which could hinder development. I mean experts are making excuses for Love's picks based on no skill players, doing too much junk.

or

Taking a stud WR Lamb or Juedy who can make any QB potentially look and do better based on their talent right away.

Reason I ask this is...

Brady and Luck as example, could take any group of JAGS and make them look great. Herbert or Love are clearly NOT this scenario. They will not be Brady or Luck, not right away, maybe not ever.

Nuk, who clearly is similar to  Lamb IMO, did the same with whoever until Watson showed up. Meaning he was a stud and made Shaub and whoever else Texans had look better at all times.

So what's better? Take the QB hoping they eventually make less than average surrounding talent better or take the WR who will instantly make an average QB look better?

4 minutes ago, Indeee said:

@Superman here is a question for you now that I have seen your position on taking a QB in the draft, assumingly at 13 as you mentioned Herbert and Love.

Question PERTAINING ONLY TO 2020 COLTS Position: What's better?

Taking a QB (Herbert or Love) who will need time to develop, maybe will bust, maybe not and will be throwing to a bunch of JAGS. Meaning having no true skill players which could hinder development. I mean experts are making excuses for Love's picks based on no skill players, doing too much junk.

or

Taking a stud WR Lamb or Juedy who can make any QB potentially look and do better based on their talent right away.

Reason I ask this is...

Brady and Luck as example, could take any group of JAGS and make them look great. Herbert or Love are clearly NOT this scenario. They will not be Brady or Luck, not right away, maybe not ever.

Nuk, who clearly is similar to  Lamb IMO, did the same with whoever until Watson showed up. Meaning he was a stud and made Shaub and whoever else Texans had look better at all times.

So what's better? Take the QB hoping they eventually make less than average surrounding talent better or take the WR who will instantly make an average QB look better?

I want the QB. A few reasons why.

1) Yes, the QB could bust. So could any other player at any other position. No one is bust proof. And eventually you have to draft a guy that you can build around; at least, that's my preference, as opposed to trying to build around a mid tier guy like Carr or Mariota, or making a run at someone like Stafford or Rivers.

2) QB play directly affects your ability to win games, to a far greater degree than any other single position. You mentioned Hopkins, and while he was great and productive even with below average journeyman QBs, the Texans didn't win games consistently without good QB play. Matt Schaub wasn't great, but he had some good production and decent efficiency for them. Also, Schaub only played with Hopkins for eight games in 2013, and they went 2-6. The Keenum took over and they went 0-8. Andre Johnson was also still there, and still highly productive, yet they didn't win games. You need at least reasonably good QB play to win games consistently.

3) Brady and Luck's ability to make JAGs look good is overstated. Those QBs showed an ability to remain productive despite having underwhelming second and third receivers, but that's because they relied heavily on pretty good/great #1 options, and had good TE play. When Luck had 40 TDs in 2014, it was TY, Fleener and Allen combining for 23 TD catches; in 2018, it was TY and Ebron. For Brady, it's been Edelman and Gronk. It's not great QB + scrubs equals productive passing game. It's great QB + 1-2 really good receiving options.

So comparatively, while a rookie isn't going to necessarily elevate the play of everyone around him right away, no matter who the QB is, you need more offensive weapons. Or at least, better/more consistent play out of the weapons you have.

4) You can take Herbert or Love in the first, and sign a good veteran WR, draft a TE, (or some other combo/configuration) and continue to develop the guys we have. And you still have TY, Doyle, a really good OL, and a pretty good stable/rotation of backs. Not a bunch of JAGs, especially if healthy, but yes, in need of some improvement from 2019. 

5) Bonus -- Not to make this about JB, but I think the entire offense suffered from inadequate QB play at times last season. Goes back to #2.

But for me, the biggest question mark is the QB. I don't believe JB can be the guy, we need someone better, and I'd prefer to find the guy this franchise can build around for the next decade-plus.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh I don't mind gambling, just not sold on any of these QB's coming out this year. I would maybe gamble on a guy like Love based on how great he looked in 2018 and we have a great Line. Burrow isn't even option, he is going #1.

Nothing wrong with not being sold on these guys. That’s the idea. It’s projection. But you have to at least be sold on the idea that based on their traits and the fit with our scheme, that these are two guys who would fit here. 

Plus if you’re not sold on these two guys who both have unbelievable traits, you won’t be sold on anyone. Like I said, next year the top two QBs may not come out and their both likely to be top 5 locks. Newman is still an unknown. And even looking beyond that, is anyone excited about the idea of Kyle Trask, Bo Nix, or Kellen Mond?

This is basically the best time for the Colts to draft a QB. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

I want the QB. A few reasons why.

1) Yes, the QB could bust. So could any other player at any other position. No one is bust proof. And eventually you have to draft a guy that you can build around; at least, that's my preference, as opposed to trying to build around a mid tier guy like Carr or Mariota, or making a run at someone like Stafford or Rivers.

2) QB play directly affects your ability to win games, to a far greater degree than any other single position. You mentioned Hopkins, and while he was great and productive even with below average journeyman QBs, the Texans didn't win games consistently without good QB play. Matt Schaub wasn't great, but he had some good production and decent efficiency for them. Also, Schaub only played with Hopkins for eight games in 2013, and they went 2-6. The Keenum took over and they went 0-8. Andre Johnson was also still there, and still highly productive, yet they didn't win games. You need at least reasonably good QB play to win games consistently.

3) Brady and Luck's ability to make JAGs look good is overstated. Those QBs showed an ability to remain productive despite having underwhelming second and third receivers, but that's because they relied heavily on pretty good/great #1 options, and had good TE play. When Luck had 40 TDs in 2014, it was TY, Fleener and Allen combining for 23 TD catches; in 2018, it was TY and Ebron. For Brady, it's been Edelman and Gronk. It's not great QB + scrubs equals productive passing game. It's great QB + 1-2 really good receiving options.

So comparatively, while a rookie isn't going to necessarily elevate the play of everyone around him right away, no matter who the QB is, you need more offensive weapons. Or at least, better/more consistent play out of the weapons you have.

4) You can take Herbert or Love in the first, and sign a good veteran WR, draft a TE, (or some other combo/configuration) and continue to develop the guys we have. And you still have TY, Doyle, a really good OL, and a pretty good stable/rotation of backs. Not a bunch of JAGs, especially if healthy, but yes, in need of some improvement from 2019. 

5) Bonus -- Not to make this about JB, but I think the entire offense suffered from inadequate QB play at times last season. Goes back to #2.

But for me, the biggest question mark is the QB. I don't believe JB can be the guy, we need someone better, and I'd prefer to find the guy this franchise can build around for the next decade-plus.

Fair enough, that's your take. For me, I take Lamb or Jeudy. This team has not had a true #1 receiver since Harrison and where TY has been great, I always viewed him as a WR1a or WR2. The unfortunate part of the Colts team was that TY was/is our defacto WR1. Guys like Lamb and Jeudy don't come around a lot, Lamb will be a difference maker wherever he goes. May not matter for the Colts as the Cards may grab this kid before we get a shot, but it's an interesting dilemma that faces this Colts team this year where the strategy moving forward is the true mystery here.  The wide receiver core in FA, outside of Cooper doesn't look that fruitful. I only hope the Colts don't go back to trying to take one of these WRs in late 2nd or beyond from a "deep pool" only to end up Fountain and Cain all over again. 

6 hours ago, stitches said:

I'm watching a replay of some of what I missed last night. Peoples-Jones looks very good on the gauntlet. 

Victor is not fast, but he catches the ball very well too... 

Lamb looks awesome! Such a natural catcher of the ball. 

Mooney ran fast 40, but bobbles a lot of passes on the gauntlet. 

Reagor - real nice too... 

I love, LOVE The Gauntlet!   One of my favorite Combine drills.  Reveals so much in a short amount of time. 

The three players I want the most in this draft. Love, Mims, and claypool to fill the Ebron role. Add Campbell to that mix and the future is really bright.  If rivers is signed he would have so many weapons to work with for a year until Love is ready.

I don’t mind Herbert but I don’t know if he has the playmaking ability of Love when things break down. He doesn’t throw with much anticipation either. 

4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The three players I want the most in this draft. Love, Mims, and claypool to fill the Ebron role. Add Campbell to that mix and the future is really bright.  If rivers is signed he would have so many weapons to work with for a year until Love is ready.

I don’t mind Herbert but I don’t know if he has the playmaking ability of Love when things break down. He doesn’t throw with much anticipation either. 

Love and Mims are two of my favorites as well at the skill positions.

34 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Agree character is important U know like getting caught with marijuna 2 days after declaring for the draft. Funny how no one wants to talk bout that.

you reminded me of this, so I decided to look whatever happened with the charges. Turns out they didn’t have any weed or paraphernalia, they tested positive for inactive THC meaning they have used it in the past. The question for me in the interview is how much and how often does he smoke. 

aside from that I learned that Utah States head coach is Gary Johnson which is funny because he was the HC of Oregon State when I went there and he was a disaster as a coach offense was completely predictable. He was so bad when him and the school split he gave money back to the school haha

7 hours ago, DougDew said:

You brought up the notion that proximity to UGA makes you more knowledgeable about UGA, and therefore, have greater insights into the dynamics of the team "than just about any body on this forum".  I've never ever brought it up because I know it doesn't matter.

But by your measure, my proximity, ( and the number of UGA fans I have to endure) gives me a freaking PHD about it and makes you just a freshman pledge.......Flounder.

So I live closer, have likely been to more games in person, typically watch them every week (unless on at the same time as ND), and most of my friends here are UGA fans and grads.... yet you have the PHD and I'm a frosh. Ok lol.. I also share the same of opinion as the overwhelming majority of UGA fans who watch their team every week, which you disagree with and have a PHD in.... . OK... lol. Makes perfect sense.

Having said that, the useful information gleaned from the combine about Fromm, notably hand size, puts him into the higher risk bucket for me

So all you gleaned is hand size lol. You didn't glean poor arm by watching his throws? Surprised your highly trained eyes missed that.

(like Kinlaw's knee), which strengthens my liking for Herbert as the college QB option, (as I've noted, not Fromm) which is only third best behind trading for Carr then Stafford, IMO.

Even TUA and Burrow have risks, both having season generated stats that benefited tremendously from a supporting cast.  Golly, Jefferson runs a 4.4, who knew? You know, just do the Mahomes thing, throw the football down field in the area of the fast guy and the fast guy will make you look like you know what you're doing.

True to form, spinning and deflecting off topic as usual.

11 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

For real though... I can't find anything on how any of the later round QBs like Gordon or McDonald threw. They did throw right? Lol

Didn't pay attention to McDonald, but Gordon had a very good evening. Here's one article below from last night, but I'm sure there's more out today. 

https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Article/NFL-Anthony-Gordon-Washington-State-Cougars-football-Coug-QB-Gordon-blows-the-roof-off-of-NFL-Combine-144358456/

7 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Thanks for the data reminder.  I just recall he was a jackleg.  :^)

huge jackleg... 

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

So I live closer, have likely been to more games in person, typically watch them every week (unless on at the same time as ND), and most of my friends here are UGA fans and grads.... yet you have the PHD and I'm a frosh. Ok lol.. I also share the same of opinion as the overwhelming majority of UGA fans who watch their team every week, which you disagree with and have a PHD in.... . OK... lol. Makes perfect sense.

So all you gleaned is hand size lol. You didn't glean poor arm by watching his throws? Surprised your highly trained eyes missed that.

True to form, spinning and deflecting off topic as usual.

Your ego gets in your own way of not looking stupid.

Since the topic of our conversation was set by me, I pretty much set the rules on what we're talking about, not you. 

The topic of our conversation is based upon my first post in this thread, which you reacted to.....fans using twitter opinions to lift up or discard their favorite players, most notably QBs, .......then you later backpedaling into a corner by trying to claim reading twitter posts about observing throws, or comfort levels in interviews, was like analyzing empirical evidence.

The stuff about Fromm specifically, UGA, and friends in GA was where to took your backpedaling defense mode into complete nonsense territory.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Your ego gets in your own way of not looking stupid.

Since the topic of our conversation was set by me, I pretty much set the rules on what we're talking about, not you. 

The topic of our conversation is based upon my first post in this thread, which you reacted to.....fans using twitter opinions to lift up or discard their favorite players, most notably QBs, .......then you later backpedaling into a corner by trying to claim reading twitter posts about observing throws, or comfort levels in interviews, was like analyzing empirical evidence.

The stuff about Fromm specifically, UGA, and friends in GA was where to took your backpedaling defense mode into complete nonsense territory.

This is rich lol...

So what does the above have to do with your choice of topic (bolded). It doesn't. Kinlaw's knee, Burrow, Tua, Jefferson, Mahomes, etc have zero to do with fans using Twitter. Again, you're simply deflecting and spinning.

You called me out for my use of the word empirical. I provided clear definition that my use was spot on, and yours was incorrect. Since then you've jumped several degrees of separation. You're simply unhappy that some of your "predictions" and previous favs aren't looking so hot, and are doing what you normally do to diminish reality.... 

Sorry to break "your rules" lol. And you want to talk abut ego lol.

Archived