Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if Game??

BleedBlue4Shoe86

What do you do if Jacoby plays well in 2020  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do if Jacoby plays well in 2020 and the Colts improve? (See my below description for more detail)

• Franchise tag him and then trade him. Roll with the young, mid round QB in 2021
    • Franchise tag him. See if he can do it again in 2021.
    • Sign him Long term and maybe flip the young, mid round QB, in a trade.

So I wanted to play the what if game in regards to Jacoby.  I know that this may get merged but I am very curious to see what the forum thinks about this certain subject. 

Lets move forward with the idea that Jacoby is going to be the starter in 2020.  Let also assume that he plays the whole season because we have drafted a young QB in the mid rounds ( Gordon, Eason, Hurts).  From what I've seen this is looking like more and more a possibility.  That Ballard will take BPA during the first few picks.

So, my question is WHAT IF  Jacoby plays well and the colts do well during the season.  I'm not gonna put specific stats but something around 3000 yards, 27 TD and maybe like 10 picks.  Lets also say the colts show improvement and maybe go 9-7 or 10-6. 

What do you with Jacoby?

His value will obviously be up from this year.  Do you Franchise tag him and then trade him.  Do you Franchise tag and see if he can do it again and let the young guy continue to develop.  Do you sign him to a long term deal.  Super curious what everyone thinks

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So I wanted to play the what if game in regards to Jacoby.  I know that this may get merged but I am very curious to see what the forum thinks about this certain subject. 

Lets move forward with the idea that Jacoby is going to be the starter in 2020.  Let also assume that he plays the whole season because we have drafted a young QB in the mid rounds ( Gordon, Eason, Hurts).  From what I've seen this is looking like more and more a possibility.  That Ballard will take BPA during the first few picks.

So, my question is WHAT IF  Jacoby plays well and the colts do well during the season.  I'm not gonna put specific stats but something around 3000 yards, 27 TD and maybe like 10 picks.  Lets also say the colts show improvement and maybe go 9-7 or 10-6. 

What do you with Jacoby?

His value will obviously be up from this year.  Do you Franchise tag him and then trade him.  Do you Franchise tag and see if he can do it again and let the young guy continue to develop.  Do you sign him to a long term deal.  Super curious what everyone thinks

rejected let me love you GIF

Trade him like the Chiefs traded Alex Smith after 2017, which he had career high: passing yards, completions, passing touchdowns, and QB rating.

The chiefs got cornerback Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick (78th overall) for Alex Smith