Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rank your QBs- Post Senior Bowl

3 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Hope the rest of the league GMs don't think the same as you.:D

I think a lot of it has to do with how patient some GMs are, and who wants to win now. Subtracting Burrow from consideration, those who want to win now will probably prefer Herbert and Eason, while those who prefer higher ceiling and are willing to be patient or gamble might go for Love or Gordon. Tua is the strange one to me. You have to be both patient with him (to heal), but also be willing to gamble (on his entire injury history).

I think Fromm would be a good mid to late pick for a team happy with their current QB, is not a pass heavy offense, and simply wants a safe and cheap back up. San Fran comes to mind. Hurtz would be good for backup duties for a team like Baltimore (similar scheme).

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I think a lot of it has to do with how patient some GMs are, and who wants to win now. Subtracting Burrow from consideration, those who want to win now will probably prefer Herbert and Eason, while those who prefer higher ceiling and are willing to be patient or gamble might go for Love or Gordon. Tua is the strange one to me. You have to be both patient with him (to heal), but also be willing to gamble (on his entire injury history).

I think Fromm would be a good mid to late pick for a team happy with their current QB, is not a pass heavy offense, and simply wants a safe and cheap back up. San Fran comes to mind. Hurtz would be good for backup duties for a team like Baltimore (similar scheme).

Agree but will have to check with NCF before I can totally agree.haha

1. Burrow

2. Herbert

3. Love

4. Fromm

5. Gordon 

6. Eason

7. Hurts 

8. Shea

Not much to see here. I played it somewhat safe. I like Fromm a decent deal more than others here do, but I acknowledge I have my concerns. As I said elsewhere either today or yesterday, only the top two would have me really hyped at 13. Love would have me optimistic. Fromm I would be content with at 34 if the coaches and FO like him, more ideally 44. Gordon would need to wait till at least 44, more ideally 75. Eason is just someone I'm waiting to see more of. Consider him TBD really. 

1 hour ago, funktacious2 said:

1. Burrow

2. Herbert

3. Love

4. Fromm

5. Gordon 

6. Eason

7. Hurts 

8. Shea

Not much to see here. I played it somewhat safe. I like Fromm a decent deal more than others here do, but I acknowledge I have my concerns. As I said elsewhere either today or yesterday, only the top two would have me really hyped at 13. Love would have me optimistic. Fromm I would be content with at 34 if the coaches and FO like him, more ideally 44. Gordon would need to wait till at least 44, more ideally 75. Eason is just someone I'm waiting to see more of. Consider him TBD really. 

Tua?    

Not even on the list?   

For me the tiers are more important the the specific ranking... I rank players within a tier very similarly and even though I would have preferences within them, I don't feel strongly enough to argue one over the other. 

Tier 1(sell the farm for him - i.e. multiple 1sts, multiple day 2 picks, etc)

Burrow

Tier 2 (trade a significant asset for him - i.e. a future 1st round pick)

Tua(if I have medical guarantees he'd be alright health-wise)

Tier 3 (trade a medium level asset for him(i.e. a second, a third...) or take him at #13)

Love

Herbert

Tua(if our medical staff cannot give you any guarantees whatsoever either way -for example, there were some reports that it might be too early before the draft to tell whether he will be good or not)

Tier 4 (second round)

Eason

Fromm

Tier 5 (third-fourth round)

Gordon(have to do more work on him, might change his ranking)

Hurts

Tier 6 (round 5-7)

Tua(if the medicals come bad and there is high risk of reinjury/retirement/not full recovery/etc.)

Tyler Huntley

Nate Stanley

I'm still watching some QBs so that's not my final ranking. 

• Like 1

Eason, Fromm, and Tua were not available to be evaluated during SB week, so its an Incomplete for them through 1/26/2020. 

I guess Burrow had a good season and is the consensus #1 pick.  Nobody has suggested that he might be available for the Colts, so I really haven't looked at him much.  Based on the QBs I paid attention too:

Herbert

Love

Gordon.

Herbert is a plug in day 1 starter right now, and can learn on the job.  Love and Gordon need some developmental work on how to play the game, IMO, and will cost a team too many games if inserted day 1 at this point in their development.  Gordon is probably ahead of Love at this point in terms of day 1 readiness, but might be held back due to physicality issues.  I'm not too interested in Gordon.

The combine will tell us more, and either assuage or enhance physicality concerns for the QBs.

Mahomes is a big, confident quarterback who brings a variety of physical tools to the party, but he's developed some bad habits and doesn't have a very repeatable process as a passer. Mahomes' ability to improvise and extend plays can lead to big plays for his offense, but he will have to prove he can operate with better anticipation and be willing to take what the defense gives him in order to win from the pocket. Mahomes will be a work in progress, but he's a high ceiling, low floor prospect.

Who does this sound like