Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Obj wanted for assault

TheBlueAndWhite

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

But  that's  neither here or there.   My point was,  I'm confused as to why any law enforcement would be needed in a locker room.  

Not uncommon at any major sporting event.  I doubt they randomly entered the locker room. 

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

And for the record, I have nothing against law enforcement.  I fully support and appreciate everything they do.

Never doubted you sir. 

10 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I had said security..  not security guard.

But  that's  neither here or there.   My point was,  I'm confused as to why any law enforcement would be needed in a locker room.  

And for the record, I have nothing against law enforcement.  I fully support and appreciate everything they do.

Probably because half the team was breaking the law. Which would warrant the police is my guess.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Probably because half the team was breaking the law. Which would warrant the police is my guess.

Okay.  I keep forgetting the age of some. 

And of course..the smoke.

I still look at it as harmless celebrating.

I'll shut up now.

21 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Not uncommon at any major sporting event.  I doubt they randomly entered the locker room. 

Never doubted you sir. 

Lol. Thanks.  Never been called sir before.  haha

20 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I had said security..  not security guard.

Sounds like the reporters complained about the smoke and since it is illegal to smoke in the locker room they got called in.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Okay.  I keep forgetting the age of some. 

And of course..the smoke.

I still look at it as harmless celebrating.

I'll shut up now.

Yeah, harmless celebration is what I thought of as well. By the book, what OBJ did was wrong to the officer, that I get it. However, I felt like it could have been handled differently.

OBJ being out there is like "there is nothing special going on in my NFL life, so at least let my piggyback on what my alma mater is doing".

I don't know if it is just me OBJ seems to be giving bad vibes like an Antonio Brown to me, or he is getting bad advice regarding his public appearances and off season stuff he has been lately doing.  Hey, how about some voluntary workouts with your new QB Baker so that when it is crunch time from September-December, you can be in sync???

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Theres a difference between a LOCKERROOM full of men where slapping someone's * is common practice, and a reporter outside where there is no such reputation.. 

I disagree. Yes there was a locker room full of men celebrating, and if they want to to play slap $&@, so be it. The officer(hired for security I assume) was there doing his job, by request it sounds like. He is an authority figure, and deserves to be treated with a certain level of respect, IMO. Without getting into a political discussion, I think respect for authority is really lacking nowadays and this is just another example of it. I also agree that his situational awareness was spot on, he handled it later instead of making a scene and possible making the situation worse. Do I think it warrants charges? Not really, he could have maybe pulled him aside or arranged a meeting to explain to him how wrong what he did was. This is all JMO of course.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HOZER said:

I disagree. Yes there was a locker room full of men celebrating, and if they want to to play slap $&@, so be it. The officer(hired for security I assume) was there doing his job, by request it sounds like. He is an authority figure, and deserves to be treated with a certain level of respect, IMO. Without getting into a political discussion, I think respect for authority is really lacking nowadays and this is just another example of it. I also agree that his situational awareness was spot on, he handled it later instead of making a scene and possible making the situation worse. Do I think it warrants charges? Not really, he could have maybe pulled him aside or arranged a meeting to explain to him how wrong what he did was. This is all JMO of course.

I suppose you cannot be situationally aware in every way. I dont think it deserves charges either, and I personally wouldnt have done anything about it, but we are all different. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

I suppose you cannot be situationally aware in every way. I dont think it deserves charges either, and I personally wouldnt have done anything about it, but we are all different. 

You can't put your hands on people.  Why is that hard to understand?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Now comes the consequences of him passing out money to the players. 

IMO that was more concerning than the slap on the tail of a security guard.

It's sad that OJB wanted the attention over the players who played the game. Throwing cash around like it was a strip club is not a good look nor a smart move. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

Wow! Didn’t expect to hear that, thanks for posting the update

15 hours ago, HOZER said:

I’m not surprised at all. As I said earlier, I thought the whole thing was overblown. Officer probably realized this after things settled

To me it would be the demeanor of the Slapee. If I was in that locker room as a cop or Security and a pro football player slapped me on the rear and said something like good job man, lets party afterwards then I would laugh it off. If he said something like you need to get out of here and the slap was meant in a bad way then that is a whole different game. During games players and coaches do this all the time.

31 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Go to work and play slap *** with Coworkers. Let us know how it turned out, if you even have a job!

I hope you have a good day man. Differences in opinion shouldn't cause us to fight no matter how vast that opinion differs. I apologize if you feel I have disrespected you and your profession.