Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Double edge sword!!!!!

Tombstone

1 hour ago, yankeeclipper said:

Looks like we could not run ball. JB completion rate is never great although e did seem to have some good deep vertical pass connections - had not seen much of that this season. Real culprit in this game appears to be porous secondary and again we miss a FG that proved to be the difference. We got 4 turnovers and still lost is a head scratcher - Team will play out the season and have to make some key decisions on how to improve for next year

My point exactly, 4 turnovers  450 yard passing, 14 point lead at one point.  Young team with a lot of inconsistencies.  The Steelers and Titans are still in the hunt and it's a consistent they have, Defense.......  Just enough offense 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

My point exactly, 4 turnovers  450 yard passing, 14 point lead at one point.  Young team with a lot of inconsistencies.  The Steelers and Titans are still in the hunt and it's a consistent they have, Defense.......  Just enough offense 

I think we cant overlook what Moore does for the D.  Rock got hurt late too.

CB and Wr positions were killed by injuries all year.

The main difference between us and Pittsburgh the last 6 weeks is Pittsburgh is getting turnovers.  Lots of them.

We did today, but gave some back.

4 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

A true franchise Quarterback would've led his team to a game winning drive. That ball he threw to Jack was so far behind Jack that he needed two extra arms to catch it. Look at how many times Andrew lead us to game winning victories. Jacoby doesn't have the talent to do that. 

Drew Brees led a game winning drive where JB did not. But Saints left enough time on the clock for their D to lose it, again.

4 hours ago, EastStreet said:

That pass to Doyle was behind him. He had separation on the cross and had to stop and grab back which allowed the D to catch up. He only got one hand on it. That was purely a JB issue. If he leads Doyle in the least, or really just doesn't throw it behind him, we have a first down.

U2Kpki2.jpg

Yup, behind him. But he didn't stop either.  He kept going and the ball was behind him.  Double whammy.

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

U2Kpki2.jpg

Yup, behind him. But he didn't stop either.  He kept going and the ball was behind him.  Double whammy.

this is a generous snapshot/view. The view of his front was much more telling in terms of how late and off the throw was. They showed it on replay during the broadcast. The announcers first said "JB put it on him", and then backed off that quickly when they showed the replay. he definitely slowed and had to turn/swivel back. there's no stopping a train in it's tracks. if that throw in front, it's a first down with YAC.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EastStreet said:

this is a generous snapshot/view. The view of his front was much more telling in terms of how late and off the throw was. They showed it on replay during the broadcast. The announcers first said "JB put it on him", and then backed off that quickly when they showed the replay. he definitely slowed and had to turn/swivel back. there's no stopping a train in it's tracks. if that throw in front, it's a first down with YAC.

This one?

JWmj6Wc.jpg

zygGm3D.jpg

CXzystw.jpg

u3kyAme.jpg

JB threw this as Doyle was making his break-

guuv3Hv.jpg

JB just threw it behind him, just enough to miss.  I've replayed this many times real time and slo-mo. There was barely enough time to see the ball and react after the break.  No time to 'slow down'.  It was a misplaced pass. Unfortunate at that point of the game.

bbmOuTI.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

This one?

JWmj6Wc.jpg

zygGm3D.jpg

CXzystw.jpg

u3kyAme.jpg

JB threw this as Doyle was making his break-

guuv3Hv.jpg

JB just threw it behind him, just enough to miss.  I've replayed this many times real time and slo-mo. There was barely enough time to see the ball and react after the break.  No time to 'slow down'.  It was a misplaced pass. Unfortunate at that point of the game.

bbmOuTI.jpg

Nope, the one they replayed was JB's view. And yes, very unfortunate timing. A shot in stride would have had at least 5-10 more in YAC if not FG range.

On 12/8/2019 at 6:36 PM, richard pallo said:

You're right JB didn't lose this game but people are burying him regardless.  That's what happens in forums.   Today they focus on a couple of missed throws as the primary reason.  I actually saw him hit on a number of deep throws as well as leading receivers quite nicely too.   All of this with street FA receivers for the most part.  We are really spoiled here with QB play.  The truth of the matter is we will probably not have an all pro QB here for quite some time let alone a MVP candidate every year.  I don't think JB has played himself out of the starting job by any means.  Ballard knows his plans for the offense fell apart this year.  My bet is he will readdress it again next year.   Will he draft a developmental guy for the future?  Most likely, after all he did lose his starting QB at the start of the season.  But who is going to be the starter next year?  I think JB is so let's hope we have better luck surrounding him with a few more playmakers that can help make him and the Colts succeed.  I think we can agree we all want that.

good post

On 12/8/2019 at 3:47 PM, Tombstone said:

Winston throws for 450 but 3 pick and Colts still lose.  Let's blame JB for this lost too lol...

Their no. 1 targeted WR is who, what's his name.  Did he even play last year.  Didn't see the game but how much pressure did they get on Winston.  Did the mix up the defensive coverage.  By the stats they didn't run the ball well.  Looks like a team and coaching lost to me but, I can see JB getting buried on this forum within the next

30 min.  

You didn't watch the game but you know what led to the loss?  Wow, that is pretty amazing.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:03 PM, Tombstone said:

The Steelers and Titans are still in the hunt and it's a consistent they have, Defense.......  Just enough offense 

they are in the playoff hunt, but not many people think they will win a super bowl.  most of the top teams have really good QBs

On 12/9/2019 at 9:17 PM, EastStreet said:

Nope, the one they replayed was JB's view. And yes, very unfortunate timing. A shot in stride would have had at least 5-10 more in YAC if not FG range.

There is also two other WRs at the bottom of the screen coming open on that same play. Smh. Options everywhere

6 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

There is also two other WRs at the bottom of the screen coming open on that same play. Smh. Options everywhere

Yup, it's been bad. It's not even worth taking the time to pull all-22 at this point. Those that deny the problem (missing wide open WRs) are simply disingenuous and clearly ride-or-die at this point. We've played 3 very bad passing Ds three weeks in a row, and there's simply no excuse for not hitting those guys. 

• Thanks 1

These Colts are playing just bad enough to lose, last season they played just good enough to win. Biggest difference? Maybe the qb position, maybe Milton on special teams(titans special teams are playing very well this year), maybe injuries(but every team has injuries) This losing streak has been very puzzling. This will be a tough offseason because this team has been very disappointing, and then you look at that steeler team that is winning with nothing, oh well, hat's off to them.

• Like 1