Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Double edge sword!!!!!

Tombstone

Winston throws for 450 but 3 pick and Colts still lose.  Let's blame JB for this lost too lol...

Their no. 1 targeted WR is who, what's his name.  Did he even play last year.  Didn't see the game but how much pressure did they get on Winston.  Did the mix up the defensive coverage.  By the stats they didn't run the ball well.  Looks like a team and coaching lost to me but, I can see JB getting buried on this forum within the next

30 min.  

• Like 2

Some valid pts, but JB still mediocre. His accuracy is bad, he has poor clock/time management skill (tried to call 2 timeouts back to back no joke), just doesn't keep the chains moving when needed. And his 4th quarter qb rating the entire season is like 75, which is his lowest of all 4 quarters. Can't have that. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

as usual, his cultish fans will excuse him of any blame in the loss!

And his cultish haters will blame him for everything in the loss.

And Swag's cultish fans will insist he start next week.

And AV's cultish haters will insist he retire immediately if not sooner.

And ... and ... and the message board goes round and round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

Winston throws for 450 but 3 pick and Colts still lose.  Let's blame JB for this lost too lol...

Their no. 1 targeted WR is who, what's his name.  Did he even play last year.  Didn't see the game but how much pressure did they get on Winston.  Did the mix up the defensive coverage.  By the stats they didn't run the ball well.  Looks like a team and coaching lost to me but, I can see JB getting buried on this forum within the next

30 min.  

JB is not the only bad today, but he wasn't good. You don't think you need more than 2 passing TDs when you're playing the 2nd worst pass D, who also has the 2nd best run D, who is also top 5 in points scored and passing. If you though our run game was going to carry us, not sure what to tell you. If you didn't think this would be high scoring, even Vegas had the O/U around 50. 

The D play calling was probably worse than JB's performance. Soft zone vs a guy known to torch zones especially when he gets outside of the pocket. Lack of blitzing vs a QB who is one of the most sacked QBs in the league.... Half time adjustments were horrible if there were any. 

The only really issue I have with JB today is he had nothing in the 4th. Missed open guys, and several bad throws when it mattered. But sorry, we needed more than 2 passing TDs to compete today, and that was not a mystery.

• Like 2

The defense was bad but that doesn’t make Jacoby good.  Yes he hit a couple of deep passes but that was pretty much it.  The graphic they put really showed that as the game goes along Jacoby gets worse.  That’s not what you want in your franchise QB.  It screams high end backup QB.  He looks good to start with but the longer teams see him and get to adjust to him the worse he looks.

Still if I were to make a list of why the Colts lost today Jacoby is going to be well behind the defense and coaches.  So anyone saying Jacoby is why the Colts lost today is incorrect.  With that said don’t confuse people saying Jacoby wasn’t good today for saying he’s why the Colts lost either.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

30 min.  

A true franchise Quarterback would've led his team to a game winning drive. That ball he threw to Jack was so far behind Jack that he needed two extra arms to catch it. Look at how many times Andrew lead us to game winning victories. Jacoby doesn't have the talent to do that. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

His completion percentage ,sucks 

Yeah until that last drive before halftime takeaway the long pass he hit on first drive the Colts had something like 20 yards of offense in the first half.  Jacoby also had two good drives in the second half.  The touchdown drive and the fumble beyond that the Colts probably had less than 100 yards of offense for the game.  

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

JB is not the only bad today, but he wasn't good. You don't think you need more than 2 passing TDs when you're playing the 2nd worst pass D, who also has the 2nd best run D, who is also top 5 in points scored and passing. If you though our run game was going to carry us, not sure what to tell you. If you didn't think this would be high scoring, even Vegas had the O/U around 50. 

The D play calling was probably worse than JB's performance. Soft zone vs a guy known to torch zones especially when he gets outside of the pocket. Lack of blitzing vs a QB who is one of the most sacked QBs in the league.... Half time adjustments were horrible if there were any. 

The only really issue I have with JB today is he had nothing in the 4th. Missed open guys, and several bad throws when it mattered. But sorry, we needed more than 2 passing TDs to compete today, and that was not a mystery.

We scored 4 TD on offense. Doesn’t matter how you get them.

• Like 1

I'm just afraid JB will benefit from the problems with this team and will be given another year to live down to his evaluation coming into the league. JB is only effective with defense not letting anyone score and the running game getting 200 yards a game. this will not happen often.

QB is paramount to this team as it stands. JB has to be shown the door. Shame on the Colts for giving him any money.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ummmmm.....everybodys fav Jack, I just signed a new deal, Doyle dropped a pass which in turn put us away.  I am not sure why Ballard is so keen all the time to sign this guy early.  Not the first time he had had a drop that cost us a game.  

Did you even see the play? The pass came in with no touch behind Doyles left shoulder. It was a terrible pass by Jacoby. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, MCurtis32 said:

I'm just afraid JB will benefit from the problems with this team and will be given another year to live down to his evaluation coming into the league. JB is only effective with defense not letting anyone score and the running game getting 200 yards a game. this will not happen often.

QB is paramount to this team as it stands. JB has to be shown the door. Shame on the Colts for giving him any money.

It ain't that easy to find a QB.

Welcome to how every team felt during the Peyton/Andrew days.

People underestimate how hard it is to find one. The league is littered with guys who were once 'the guy', until they weren't.

• Like 3

I’ve yet to see anyone really blaming Jacoby for the loss like the OP said.  I think they invented a narrative that’s not there today.  What people have done is say hey Jacoby didn’t play great but there were bigger issues today.  That’s not the same as saying the Colts lost because of him.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We scored 4 TD on offense. Doesn’t matter how you get them.

No, the offense only scored 3 TDs today... 2 passing, 1 rushing. 

And the the D had 1 TD by themselves (pick 6). Also, 10 of the offensive points were products of defensive turnovers. 

When you're playing the 2nd best rush D, and 2nd worst pass D, it most certainly does matter. Especially when you're playing a team that is top 5 in scoring.

While the TDs themselves really don't matter (how they are scored), it's pretty obvious you need more "whatever" in the air than what we got today. If you expected to run all over the 2nd best rushing D, not sure what to tell you.

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Ummmmm.....everybodys fav Jack, I just signed a new deal, Doyle dropped a pass which in turn put us away.  I am not sure why Ballard is so keen all the time to sign this guy early.  Not the first time he had had a drop that cost us a game.  

That pass to Doyle was behind him. He had separation on the cross and had to stop and grab back which allowed the D to catch up. He only got one hand on it. That was purely a JB issue. If he leads Doyle in the least, or really just doesn't throw it behind him, we have a first down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tombstone said:

30 min.  

You're right JB didn't lose this game but people are burying him regardless.  That's what happens in forums.   Today they focus on a couple of missed throws as the primary reason.  I actually saw him hit on a number of deep throws as well as leading receivers quite nicely too.   All of this with street FA receivers for the most part.  We are really spoiled here with QB play.  The truth of the matter is we will probably not have an all pro QB here for quite some time let alone a MVP candidate every year.  I don't think JB has played himself out of the starting job by any means.  Ballard knows his plans for the offense fell apart this year.  My bet is he will readdress it again next year.   Will he draft a developmental guy for the future?  Most likely, after all he did lose his starting QB at the start of the season.  But who is going to be the starter next year?  I think JB is so let's hope we have better luck surrounding him with a few more playmakers that can help make him and the Colts succeed.  I think we can agree we all want that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tombstone said:

30 min.  

Im not going to blame him for the loss by any means but you could reverse your statement as well.  Who got the job done when it mattered, Winston and the Bucs offense, 10 pts in the 4th.  The Colts offense was overall very offensive in the 4th.  Coaching, QB play, running everything unfortunately lol.

1 hour ago, MCurtis32 said:

Lets keep our heads here.
I agree an upgrade at QB is desirable.

But showing JB the door puts us in worse position than we are now.  And who was available when they gave him the money?  Nobody.

JB is as good as we’re gonna have to start next season i’m afraid.  

i’m starting to hope we draft a QB early.  Maybe even do a double-down and take 2.  I dont see a FA, and Hoyer and Kelly arent the future.

JB as a short-term bridge makes the most sense to me.

i’m starting to like the idea of going DT, WR, CB, and QB with our 1st 4picks.  And i dont care what order.

Looks like we could not run ball. JB completion rate is never great although e did seem to have some good deep vertical pass connections - had not seen much of that this season. Real culprit in this game appears to be porous secondary and again we miss a FG that proved to be the difference. We got 4 turnovers and still lost is a head scratcher - Team will play out the season and have to make some key decisions on how to improve for next year

• Like 1

Just now, rockywoj said:

Curious, not a word about the new kicker?

If it had been Vinny that missed that last FG, right now I am pretty sure there’d be a very popular “replace Vinny, he lost us another game” thread.

Because he hit five other kicks and oh yeah the defense gave up 38 points despite winning the turnover battle 4 to 1.  Youd have to blind to blame the kicker for this one Chase or Adam.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Because he hit five other kicks and oh yeah the defense gave up 38 points despite winning the turnover battle 4 to 1.  Youd have to blind to blame the kicker for this one Chase or Adam.

I am not blaming him, but you can bet there’d be all kinds of blame being cast at Vinny if it was he that was only 66.67% on his FGs, missing that last key kick that would’ve put the Colts up by 7.  So my point is, I find it curious, that’s all I was saying.

• Like 1

Just now, rockywoj said:

I am not blaming him, but you can bet there’d be all kinds of blame being cast at Vinny if it was he that was only 66.67% on his FGs, missing that last key kick that would’ve put the Colts up by 7.  So my point is, I find it curious, that’s all I was saying.

And those people would have been wrong and ignoring the defense.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

We all were hoping Adam would have games this good.

I for one have been very careful about letting my emotions dictate my opinions on this matter.  The only thing I’ve wanted to see from JB all year was steady improvement being this is o my his second season as a starter.  Unfortunately we just haven’t seen it. The accuracy issues,  inability to read defenses,  locking into his first read and than panicking to a check down or forcing the ball.  None of this has improved.  For the most part our defense has been solid this year,  they’re bound to have a bad game sooner or later.  Our problem is when needed JB cannot elevate his game to bail out his defense in critical moments.   So yes,  at the end of the day it’s still about JB.  I’m off the Brisett bandwagon officially.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Lets keep our heads here.
I agree an upgrade at QB is desirable.

But showing JB the door puts us in worse position than we are now.  And who was available when they gave him the money?  Nobody.

JB is as good as we’re gonna have to start next season i’m afraid.  

i’m starting to hope we draft a QB early.  Maybe even do a double-down and take 2.  I dont see a FA, and Hoyer and Kelly arent the future.

JB as a short-term bridge makes the most sense to me.

i’m starting to like the idea of going DT, WR, CB, and QB with our 1st 4picks.  And i dont care what order.

Totally agree with the draft pick needs, just not a QB first...