Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers claim Cain off of PS

Restinpeacesweetchloe

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually hope he sticks around there.  But he might end up back here after JU JU comes back. IF he stays there It will force Ballard to draft a WR instead of taking a chance on him developing.

Any WR drafted has to develop in the NFL. 

Just the talent level of defensive players in the NFL makes it very hard for a rookie WR to come in and make much of an impact. 

There are not many WRs who come into the NFL and make a lot of noise consistently. 

Just saying. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just the talent level of defensive players in the NFL makes it very hard for a rookie WR to come in and make much of an impact. 

There are not many WRs who come into the NFL and make a lot of noise consistently. 

Just saying. 

Yeah I get that. This year though it seems there have been a few having a  pretty good year for being rookies. I think if  we  can get one that at least can play and make some impact rather then nothing would put us in a much better spot.

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Here is the issue though. Are we going to have another WR that needs developing if we pick that low rather then a 1st rd pick. I suppose you could end up with a guy like Mclaurin that late.  I don’t know enough about the WR that might be out there to know how many are going to be out there who are great.  Ballard did rave about the WR class. This could very well be the time we get that TY replacement. Future will be great with Campbell and a draft pick in 2020. Along with Hilton finishing his career with them it could be fun. If we go in with TY, Campbell, a draft pick, pascal and then maybe resign DF that could be a great group if everyone stays healthy. It even leaves room for a guy like fountain or to bring back Rogers. I definitely think this team will keep going with 6 Wr with the injuries this year.

i hope we can draft a wr who can start but draft picks are so iffy, would rather we get a young proven one by trade or free  agent

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just saying. 

i agree with that 100 percent

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the Colts take a WR on Day 2.    We've got 3 picks to find one we like.   As we all know, this is a very good WR class coming up.     I'd be beyond stunned if we didn't draft a WR in Rounds 2 or 3.    Seems like a natural fit of need and opportunity.    It's a love connection.

Chris Ballard has personally watched Chase Claypool 2x this year.

Claypool is tearing it up this year.  117 yards and 4 TDs today.  He can run every route: drive route, sideline route, vertical, fade.  Extremely physical.  High-points the football. 

An absolute stud gunner on special teams.  I will literally do a backflip if the Colts land Claypool. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jdubu said:

With TY, Fountain and potentially seeing what DF does here, I don’t see us picking WR before the 3rd round. We need to add potentially a QB in the first and we have to resolve that DT/NT spot as well as a CB and a RT/RG. That’s a lot of have to haves to pick wr early imho. 

Nah we need another wr

14 hours ago, Jdubu said:

Prepare to scream.  If you’re suggesting CB would take a WR in the first round, I think you will be sadly mistaken. Now, if the Colts don’t think they resign TY, then I could see it but forgetting to add in Paris Campbell to the mix as well makes me believe the first round WR guy would be a very slim chance. Warm up the cords my friend. 

TY is just about done has been injured constantly the last 2 years may be just about time to move on.

Put me in the camp calling for a free agent WR as well as one taken high in the draft. We all know that it takes a couple of years to hit your stride as a pro WR. I don’t think the team can wait for that. The Colts need to improve at this position immediately, especially with TY showing the inevitable signs of aging, i.e. he’s dinged up constantly. I’m not sure what will be out there next year FA-wise, but I know this: they can’t fix this problem with draft picks alone. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Put me in the camp calling for a free agent WR as well as one taken high in the draft. We all know that it takes a couple of years to hit your stride as a pro WR. I don’t think the team can wait for that. The Colts need to improve at this position immediately, especially with TY showing the inevitable signs of aging, i.e. he’s dinged up constantly. I’m not sure what will be out there next year FA-wise, but I know this: they can’t fix this problem with draft picks alone. 

If there is a elite young WR in FA I would definitely go that route. Plus a draft pick that would be big. 

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just saying. 

I want a rookie wr that is so nice he demands double teams out the gate and beats them.

2 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Who's calling Jacoby a rookie?  Talk like you're actually reading the responses posted to you please. I mean it's obvious you aren't, but at least APPEAR to be putting in some effort.

sounds like you didnt read them to me

some people want to give Jacoby years and years to see if hes the guy, but if a WR doesnt make him look good we need to ship them out asap

i can quote the post im referring to if you want

9 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

Who's calling Jacoby a rookie?  Talk like you're actually reading the responses posted to you please. I mean it's obvious you aren't, but at least APPEAR to be putting in some effort.

There were some creative thinkers here the beginning of the season, saying JB was still basically a rookie. 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

We need several things, doesn’t mean we are going to get them all. Depends on who is drawing up the needs assessment charts (it’s not us lol)

If Ballard takes a qb  which he might at some point if he sees one he likes then I'm ok with that, but we need a wr taken high. A wr that can start day 1 and have an impact. We can't  even win without  Hilton.  Absolutely  ridiculous. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

There were some creative thinkers here the beginning of the season, saying JB was still basically a rookie. 

He's  a rookie in Frank Reich system. My issue with drafting a qb is who is going to be there.  If we were picking  top 3 I feel more comfortable  taking one. Then again lamar Jackson  was taken 32nd, but if we did take a qb would they be an upgrade or would they be hoyer level.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

He's  a rookie in Frank Reich system. My issue with drafting a qb is who is going to be there.  If we were picking  top 3 I feel more comfortable  taking one. Then again lamar Jackson  was taken 32nd, but if we did take a qb would they be an upgrade or would they be hoyer level.

Like I said, creative thinkers!

22 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Then again lamar Jackson  was taken 32nd, but if we did take a qb would they be an upgrade or would they be hoyer level.

i thought he would be good, the jets should have taken him 

he may not play into his 40s, but they needed a spark and no player would do that better than him 

57 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Jacoby is no rookie its his 4th year in the league

That still don't address the difference between a WR and a QB. 

Like I said, comparing the two positions shows little knowledge of what it takes to be a NFL player in the NFL and the difference of the two positions. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

That still don't address the difference between a WR and a QB. 

Like I said, comparing the two positions shows little knowledge of what it takes to be a NFL player in the NFL and the difference of the two positions. 

JB has had plenty of time to learn the system, and the pro game 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Another thing some people  want Love, but one draft evaluation  I saw says he fails to see the whole field  and locks on to his number 1 target

1) This is not exactly germane to the topic 

2) There is a whole topic about 2020 prospects 

3) At least link the evaluation