Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Steelers claim Cain off of PS

Restinpeacesweetchloe

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I actually hope he sticks around there.  But he might end up back here after JU JU comes back. IF he stays there Ir will force Ballard to draft a WR instead of taking a chance on him developing.

With TY, Fountain and potentially seeing what DF does here, I don’t see us picking WR before the 3rd round. We need to add potentially a QB in the first and we have to resolve that DT/NT spot as well as a CB and a RT/RG. That’s a lot of have to haves to pick wr early imho. 

6 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

With TY, Fountain and potentially seeing what DF does here, I don’t see us picking WR before the 3rd round. We need to add potentially a QB in the first and we have to resolve that DT/NT spot as well as a CB and a RT/RG. That’s a lot of have to haves to pick wr early imho. 

It will l give Fountain a chance. I also won’t be surprised to see Cain back after the three games they have to keep him on  the roster. I think the Steelers lost another WR also that browns game.

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Look if he had been doing everything right he wouldn’t of been waived if it was all the QB.

Cain was known as a deep threat in college. We have zero deep game with JB thus far. He's never been a possession type WR, which is what they tried to turn him into after switching him back and forth from X to Z multiple times. You always preach JB needs time to develop and improve, but Cain was jacked around and asked to do things he wasn't good at, and didn't get an opportunity to do things he was good at. Pretty hypocritical of you to preach patience with one player and not the other... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Yep to me this is really good news. We will be in a good spot to get a stud in the draft. If Ballard passes on a stud I will scream. 

Prepare to scream.  If you’re suggesting CB would take a WR in the first round, I think you will be sadly mistaken. Now, if the Colts don’t think they resign TY, then I could see it but forgetting to add in Paris Campbell to the mix as well makes me believe the first round WR guy would be a very slim chance. Warm up the cords my friend. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It will l give Fountain a chance. I also won’t be surprised to see Cain back after the three games they have to keep him on  the roster. I think the Steelers lost another WR also that browns game.

They don’t “have” to keep him for 3 games for picking him up on the roster but they do have to pay him 3 game checks I do believe. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jdubu said:

Prepare to scream.  If you’re suggesting CB would take a WR in the first round, I think you will be sadly mistaken. Now, if the Colts don’t think they resign TY, then I could see it but forgetting to add in Paris Campbell to the mix as well makes me believe the first round WR guy would be a very slim chance. Warm up the cords my friend. 

Maybe not. But this WR class is supposed to be loaded.  It might not take a 1st rd pick. Maybe the WA pick. It will all depend on who is there with our first pick. This might be a very good time to find that TY replacement. Then with Campbell we could be sitting well.

2 minutes ago, B~Town said:

Think his skill set will fit in there better than here they run alot of vertical stuff . 

Not with mason. They dump off the the RB a lot. 

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I actually hope he sticks around there.  But he might end up back here after JU JU comes back. IF he stays there It will force Ballard to draft a WR instead of taking a chance on him developing.

Even if Cain comes back to the Colts, a Ballard decision whether to draft another receive will be made independent of that.    That decision will be a stand alone.    And frankly, no matter what,  the need is there...

• Like 3

I think the Colts take a WR on Day 2.    We've got 3 picks to find one we like.   As we all know, this is a very good WR class coming up.     I'd be beyond stunned if we didn't draft a WR in Rounds 2 or 3.    Seems like a natural fit of need and opportunity.    It's a love connection.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the Colts take a WR on Day 2.    We've got 3 picks to find one we like.   As we all know, this is a very good WR class coming up.     I'd be beyond stunned if we didn't draft a WR in Rounds 2 or 3.    Seems like a natural fit of need and opportunity.    It's a love connection.

Here is the issue though. Are we going to have another WR that needs developing if we pick that low rather then a 1st rd pick. I suppose you could end up with a guy like Mclaurin that late.  I don’t know enough about the WR that might be out there to know how many are going to be out there who are great.  Ballard did rave about the WR class. This could very well be the time we get that TY replacement. Future will be great with Campbell and a draft pick in 2020. Along with Hilton finishing his career with them it could be fun. If we go in with TY, Campbell, a draft pick, pascal and then maybe resign DF that could be a great group if everyone stays healthy. It even leaves room for a guy like fountain or to bring back Rogers. I definitely think this team will keep going with 6 Wr with the injuries this year.

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Completely agree. I was thinking the exact same thing as I read this thread.

• Like 1

Martavis Bryant is what I compare Deon Cain to, lot of 9 routes to succeed. Contrary to thought process/reputation, Rudolph has been under throwing his wideouts.

If they use him right, he can be productive since it doesn’t seem like their vertical offense is that creative right now.