Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Bears Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

8 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Wow...hope this isn't true.  But if it is...always felt like he didn't really love the game and had other interests.  Would be a shame for our franchise.  

This is horrible to say, but I had a bad feeling when he got married and his wife got pregnant. I could tell he wanted to focus on his family... which is totally his perogative, but I knew we had lost him then. :Cry:

UH folks this is starting to look real .>>>>>>>

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 16s16 seconds ago

Copy link to Tweet

Embed Tweet

After battling injury after injury, the word is that #Colts QB Andrew Luck was simply too worn down to continue. And so he abruptly retires at age 29. Jacoby Brissett is the new QB of the Colts.

12 replies 46 retweets 122 likes

Just now, Smoke317 said:

We gave the greatest QB prospect since Manning & Elway Grigson & Pagano to work with...  If he is done that will be the legacy left...

Kind of hard to argue with that, honestly.

Just now, HOZER said:

I’m at game right now:...... Colts  D  an offense lucking like hot garbage right now......3-4 stringers..what do you do?

lol...who cares??

Did you hear the ESPN rumor about Luck retiring?

1 minute ago, Scott Pennock said:

Time to start looking at next years QB's in the draft and see who we could use all of our draft capital to move up and draft.....

Unfortunately I think the year after is the real QB year.  I think Lawrence & Fields both have star potential.

3 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

We still have JB for one more year.  Now we have to think about extending him.  Geez...this is bad on so many levels.

Whoever said "gut punch" said it all. I thought it was some sort of bad joke. No words that are fitting for a family forum. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy_Mike said:

The more I think about this, the madder I get....I have lost all respect for Luck, no longer a fan at all!

I don't take it so personally.  Have no idea what is going through his head and body.  he has to make the best decision for he and his family.

As a Colts fan, though, it's the worst case scenario.  Completely bumbed about it.  Going to be tough to go to sleep tonight, but the sun will shine in the morning...